Review: could Pyridium cause Ibs (Irritable bowel syndrome)?
Summary: there is no Ibs reported by people who take Pyridium yet.
We study 133 people who have side effects while taking Pyridium from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Ibs and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pyridium and have Ibs >>>
Pyridium has active ingredients of phenazopyridine hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Pyridium 224 users)
Ibs (irritable bowel syndrome -chronic abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating) has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Ibs 14,811 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: No report is found
Do you have Ibs while taking Pyridium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pyridium
- support group for people who have Ibs
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone had lasting anxiety from taking linzess?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has IBS, and takes Linzess)
Felt slight edginess and nervousness occurred while taking Linzess for 3 weeks (145mcg). I stopped taking it a month ago due this side effect, but upon discontinuation, the slight edginess turned into severe anxiety which is now causing high blood pressure.
Has anyone experienced this?
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, PBC, AIH, Asthma, and takes Vitamin D, Calcium Carbonate, Anturol, Morphine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pyridium, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Azathioprine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent)
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life.
My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Is it possible to receive medical marijuana if you have spina bifida and controllable ibs?
(Asked by a 18 year old boy who has IBS, Spina Bifida )
i need help figuring out the best pain relieving drug for my conditions. please respond if any information
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also (2 answers)
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Spondylosis, Autoimmune Disorder, Asthma Late Onset, Migraine, Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Facet Joint Syndrome, Sacroiliitis, Diverticulosis, PTSD, IBS, Traumatic Brain Injury, Pelvic Congestion, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Maxalt, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Oxycontin, Alvesco, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
More questions for: Pyridium, Ibs
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Headache after propofol
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has IBS, and takes Propofol)
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. Severe headache in evening and following day.
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more (1 response)
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Methotrexate, Plaquenil, Metformin, Klonopin, Zanaflex, Prednisone, Singulair, Imitrex, Nexium)
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Allergic to ivp dye bad reaction to pyridium
(Posted by a 52 year old woman who has Hives, and takes Pyridium)
I am allergic to IVP dye (Iodine) I had discovered this over 20 years ago when I had kidney stones and was injected with the IVP. I was asked beforehand if I was allergic to shellfish and told them I didn't know since at the time I had never eaten seafood. After the injected me and walked out of the ...
More reviews for: Pyridium, Ibs
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Confusional State, Visual Condition, Ibs, Anxiety, Depression
Comments: I had a low thyroid in 2010, but was not really having problems. In 2012, I was prescribed venlafaxine and soon started having episodes of passing out, weight gain, photosensitivity, and my anxiety got much worse. Should I stop taking the venlafaxine.
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Confusion, Anxiety, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Visual Field
Comments: It appears that I had a low thyroid in 2010 but no medication, after taking venafaxine, I started passing out, photo sensitive, feeling dizzy and nautious, sometimes confusion so I made an appointment with the doctor and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I has been a year and the condition is not ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Vitamin D, Pioglitazone, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Baby Aspirin, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Fish Oil, Gabapentin, Acyclovir, Naproxen, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Vitamin D Decreased, Diabetic Nephropathy, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease - Aging, Chronic Depression, Thyroid Disorder, Nerve Injury, Herpes Simplex, Pain, Hypothyroidism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Plantar Fasciitis, Stop Smoking, Cysts - Kidneys, Vitamin B12 Abnormal, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Scoliosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Pain - Foot, Ulnar Nerve Injury, Rotator Cuff Tendinitis, Chronic Pain, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gallstones, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Herpes Virus Infection, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Graves Disease, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Nerve Root Injury Lumbar, Nerve Root Injury Cervical
Comments: I have so many problems and take so many medicines I am trying to find out what works what doesn't what interacts which drugs are necessary - 2 years ago had bilateral total knee replacement -- trying to quit smoking, did quit for about a year then started up part time
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Crestor, Simvastatin, Xanax, Zoloft, Adderall 30, Sudafed, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Zyrtec for a patient with IgA Deficiency, High Blood Cholesterol, Anxiety And Stress, Mood Swings, Adhd, Sinus Pain, Asthma, Jet Lag, All. The patient has Heart Pounding Or Racing, Eye Pain, Pain - Leg, Ibs, Fatigue - Chronic, Allergy To Chemicals, Barium Swallow, Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Pain - Joints, Short-term Memory Loss
Comments: I use to use birth control patch For a couple years.
then novuring for a couple years.
Then had an essure inplant procedure in 2008 and had to have a hysterectomy due to complications resulting in all these medications and symptoms along with many more.
- A study of drug interactions between Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Synthroid for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Myofascial Pain Syndrome, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Tinnitus, Autoimmune Disorder
Comments: Synthroid 112 mg has added red color AND SUGAR.I am allergic to red. Changed to 2x50 and 1/2 of 25 mg. STILL SUGARS IS VERY BOTHERING.
Hydroxyzie was very effective for controlling allergies and help with sleep. Tinnitus is most bothering during the day, less in the morning. I am not steady, have e ...
More related studies for: Pyridium, Ibs
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.