Review: could Questran light cause Weight loss - unintentional (Weight Decreased)?
Summary: Weight loss - unintentional is found among people who take Questran light, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Allegra, and have Fungal infection.
We study 141 people who have side effects while taking Questran light from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Weight loss - unintentional. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss - unintentional and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Questran light and have Weight loss - unintentional >>>
Questran light has active ingredients of cholestyramine. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from Questran light 147 users)
Weight loss - unintentional
Weight loss - unintentional has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, pain.(latest reports from Weight loss - unintentional 91,499 patients)
On Dec, 5, 2014: 141 people reported to have side effects when taking Questran light. Among them, 9 people (6.38%) have Weight Loss - Unintentional.
Time on Questran light when people have Weight loss - unintentional * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss - unintentional||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss - unintentional when taking Questran light * :
|Weight loss - unintentional||70.00%||30.00% |
Age of people who have Weight loss - unintentional when taking Questran light * :
|Weight loss - unintentional||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||28.57%||57.14% |
Severity of Weight loss - unintentional when taking Questran light ** :
How people recovered from Weight loss - unintentional ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fungal infection (3 people, 33.33%)
- Multiple allergies (3 people, 33.33%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 33.33%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (3 people, 33.33%)
- Nausea (3 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Allegra (6 people, 66.67%)
- Synthroid (6 people, 66.67%)
- Lisinopril (6 people, 66.67%)
- Flovent (6 people, 66.67%)
- Vitamin e (6 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Loss - Unintentional while taking Questran Light?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Questran light and have Weight Loss - Unintentional
- support group for people who take Questran light
- support group for people who have Weight Loss - Unintentional
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can viread cause weight loss and low wbc count?
(Asked by a 36 year old man who has Weight Loss - Unintentional, and takes Viread )
I was diagnosed with Chronic HBV in 2012. The original viral count was 100 copies. It slowly went up to 12K copies early this year. I saw 2 specialists and one told me it's the right time to take Viread now and the other said it's border line and I could wait but it does not hurt to take it since it ...
- What stage is my melanoma?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Recurring Subcutaneous Melanoma, Crohn's Disease, and takes Cholestyramine)
I was originally diagnosed in 2010 with nodular melanoma, Clarke level IV, and summer 2013 a subcutaneous tumour was removed from near the site of the original melanoma. CT showed no evidence of disease to organs. Medical oncologist said I was cancer free, skin oncologist told me that 50/100 peopl ...
- I have bile reflux. can i take questran the same day as i take gaviscon?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Bile Reflux Due To An Open Pyloric Valve, and takes Cholestyramine, Gaviscon)
I have struggles with this since march,2013. I had my g.b. removed apr 30, 2013. A scope in June show my pyloric valve wide open allowing bile to reflux giving me much uncomfortable to say the least. The dr would like me to take questran twice daily for 1 month to give the valve a chance to heal. ...
- How did you get your diagnosis (1 answer)
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Pain - Joints, Banging In Ears, Fatigue, Weight Loss - Unintentional, Abnormal Dreams, Nausea, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Salty Taste In Mouth, Depressed Level Of Consciousness, Body Spasms, and takes Levaquin)
Symptoms started with body spasms and fatigue, neck and shoulder pain, knee pain and stiffness then banging in ears within 3 weeks of taking 6 levaquin tablets given for a virus. Have been unable to work since because of the fatigue. Massive weight loss without dieting. Had a SED test last month ...
More questions for: Questran light, Weight loss - unintentional
More reviews for: Questran light, Weight loss - unintentional
- A study of side effects of Tylenol for a patient with Headache. The patient has Weight Loss - Unintentional
Comments: i got ketonuria in my urine test blood test was normal my doctor said i have to do another urine test didnt explained why so i wonder what is this? when i did the blood test i had 9 hours without eating like doctor asked me to
the day before the test i toke tylenol for a headache can this be the ca ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cholestyramine, Alpha-Lipoic Acid Extract, CoQ-10, Malarone, Artemisia, Horse Chestnut, DHA, Enzyme Therapy, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Probiotics, Magnesium Oxide, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, Same, L-methylfolate, Albenza, Promethazine, Mepron, Stromectol, Flagyl, Bactrim, Doxycycline, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin, Tramadol, Klonopin, Vyvanse for a patient with Lyme, Lyme, Bartonellosis, Lyme Related Gi, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Parasitic Infection, Nausea And Vomiting, Babesiosis (co-infection Of Lyme), Parasitic Infection, Skin Atrophy Due To Late-stage Lyme, Neuroborreliosis, Depression - Diseased Induced, Pain, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition.
Comments: Do not take all drugs listed at same time. Am on "pulse therapy" with antimacrobials. Do not take coq10 when on Mepron/malarone. Take Florastor probiotic 2x's a day to fight c.diff & other probiotics. Also take FiberSmart, DigestSmart, & slippery elm, marshmallow root for GI regularity. Drink at ...
- A study of side effects of Cholestyramine for a patient with Diarrhoea Infectious. The patient has Dry Throat
Comments: Had my gallbladder removed, and started having bad cramping and diarrhea. lost a lot of weight. started the cholestyramine and it seems to be working well, but I now have extreme throat dryness. If this is caused from the Rx is there anything I can take to stop the dryness, dont want to quit the med ...
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Cholestyramine, Rizatriptan Benzoate, Vitamin B12, Remicade for a patient with Joint Stiffness, Irregular Heartbeat, Crohn's Disease, Headache. The patient has Fatigue, Pain - Joints
Comments: Joint and muscle pain and stiffness started one week before remicade treatment and was gone 8 hours after treatment. 4 weeks later pain and stiffness returned in one day all at once. 3 weeks until next treatment . Mornings are better after some stretching, by the end of the day I can barely walk. Al ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Bactrim Ds for a patient with Foot Pain, Infection. The patient has Pain, Lethargy, Weight Loss - Unintentional, Diarrhea, Confusional State, Rash, Vomiting, Jaundice, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Cholelithiasis
Comments: Had very high liver enzymes just days after taking Bactrim DS & Ibuprofen 800 mg together for 2 weeks. Had dark urine & vomiting while taking meds. Had gallbladder removed and had trouble with blood clotting after surgery. Needed several blood transfusions due to blood clotting issues. Now have on g ...
More related studies for: Questran light, Weight loss - unintentional
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.