Review: could Quetiapine fumarate cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Quetiapine fumarate, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Clonazepam, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 4,708 people who have side effects while taking Quetiapine fumarate from FDA and social media. Among them, 116 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Quetiapine fumarate and have Headache >>>
Quetiapine fumarate has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 4,954 Quetiapine fumarate users)
Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 202,409 Headache patients)
On Mar, 24, 2015: 4,707 people reported to have side effects when taking Quetiapine fumarate. Among them, 116 people (2.46%) have Headache.
Time on Quetiapine fumarate when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Quetiapine fumarate * :
Age of people who have Headache when taking Quetiapine fumarate * :
Severity of Headache when taking Quetiapine fumarate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (29 people, 25.00%)
- Depression (25 people, 21.55%)
- Menstrual disorder (16 people, 13.79%)
- Psychotic disorder (15 people, 12.93%)
- Extrapyramidal disorder (9 people, 7.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (43 people, 37.07%)
- Lorazepam (29 people, 25.00%)
- Lamotrigine (28 people, 24.14%)
- Omeprazole (24 people, 20.69%)
- Mirtazapine (24 people, 20.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of quetiapine fumarate and headache on
Do you have Headache while taking Quetiapine Fumarate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Quetiapine fumarate and have Headache
- support group for people who take Quetiapine fumarate
- support group for people who have Headache
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Biotin for a 25-year old woman with Allergy, Healthy Hair And Nails, As Well As Energy Production,. The patient has Constipation, Blurred Vision, Fatigue, Irritability, Missed Periods, Cramps - Leg, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Seroquel for a 32-year old man with Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anger
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 55-year old woman with Blood Clots. The patient has Eye Pain, Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Headache
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 11-year old boy with Anxiety. The patient has Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Vytorin, Spiriva, Imdur for a 66-year old woman with Low Thyroid, Depression, Cholesterol, Copd, Angina. The patient has Ringing In The Ears, Headache
Recent Quetiapine fumarate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Seroquel, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Marijuana for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.