Review: could Quetiapine fumarate cause Narcotic abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Narcotic abuse is found among people who take Quetiapine fumarate, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Amitriptyline hcl, and have Back pain.
We study 4,707 people who have side effects while taking Quetiapine fumarate from FDA and social media. Among them, 29 have Narcotic abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Narcotic abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Quetiapine fumarate and have Narcotic abuse >>>
Quetiapine fumarate has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 4,954 Quetiapine fumarate users)
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 10,559 Narcotic abuse patients)
On Feb, 26, 2015: 4,704 people reported to have side effects when taking Quetiapine fumarate. Among them, 29 people (0.62%) have Narcotic Abuse.
Time on Quetiapine fumarate when people have Narcotic abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Narcotic abuse||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Quetiapine fumarate * :
|Narcotic abuse||63.16%||36.84% |
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Quetiapine fumarate * :
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.15%||9.09%||57.58%||12.12%||6.06% |
Severity of Narcotic abuse when taking Quetiapine fumarate ** :
How people recovered from Narcotic abuse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Back pain (5 people, 17.24%)
- Restless legs syndrome (3 people, 10.34%)
- Fabry's disease (2 people, 6.90%)
- Mental disorder (2 people, 6.90%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (2 people, 6.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amitriptyline hcl (10 people, 34.48%)
- Nortriptyline hcl (10 people, 34.48%)
- Bromazepam (9 people, 31.03%)
- Iburofen (8 people, 27.59%)
- Hydromorphone hcl (8 people, 27.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Narcotic Abuse while taking Quetiapine Fumarate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Quetiapine fumarate and have Narcotic Abuse
- support group for people who take Quetiapine fumarate
- support group for people who have Narcotic Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Mirtazapine, Alfuzosin Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Warfarin Sodium, Vicodin, Lipitor for a 61-year old man with Depression, Biopsy Prostate, Anxiety, Afib, Sleep Disorder, Pain, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neuropathy
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Gabapentin, Apple Cider Vinegar, Terramycin, Turmeric, Vitamin D, Glutamine, Tobrex, Glutamic Acid HCl, Paracetamol, Timolol Maleate, Bimatoprost, Alphagan, Adalat Cc for a 64-year old man with Insomnia, Low Back Pain, Ibs, Eye Infection, Headache, Glaucoma, Hypertension. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Latuda, Vyvanse, Zopiclone, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 21-year old woman with Panic Attack, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apathy, Hypomania, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Tremor, Memory Impairment
- A study of side effects of Seroquel Xr for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Sleepy, Abdominal Pain, Headache (pain in head)
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 54-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Throat Irritation
Recent Quetiapine fumarate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Seroquel, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Marijuana for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.