Review: could Quinine cause Bladder incontinence (Urinary incontinence)?
Summary: Bladder incontinence is found among people who take Quinine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Xanax, and have Toothache.
We study 646 people who have side effects while taking Quinine from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Bladder incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Bladder incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Quinine and have Bladder incontinence >>>
Quinine has active ingredients of cinchona. It is often used in leg pain. (latest outcomes from Quinine 683 users)
Bladder incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain.(latest reports from Bladder incontinence 18,470 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 646 people reported to have side effects when taking Quinine. Among them, 14 people (2.17%) have Bladder Incontinence.
Time on Quinine when people have Bladder incontinence * :
Gender of people who have Bladder incontinence when taking Quinine * :
|Bladder incontinence||42.86%||57.14% |
Age of people who have Bladder incontinence when taking Quinine * :
|Bladder incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||14.29%||57.14% |
Severity of Bladder incontinence when taking Quinine ** :
How people recovered from Bladder incontinence ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Toothache (8 people, 57.14%)
- Muscle spasms (8 people, 57.14%)
- Pain (4 people, 28.57%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2 people, 14.29%)
- Multiple myeloma (2 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (12 people, 85.71%)
- Nexium (12 people, 85.71%)
- Ultram (12 people, 85.71%)
- Miralax (12 people, 85.71%)
- Aspirin (11 people, 78.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bladder Incontinence while taking Quinine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Quinine and have Bladder Incontinence
- support group for people who take Quinine
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Quinine, Bladder incontinence
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects (1 response)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sleep returned to normal. His kidneys also recovered, and he regained the ability to control urination. About a year after that, he was arrested for downloading child pornography, and I haven't spoken to him since. I'm not suggesting that Effexor caused him to become a pedophile, but it has been noted to produce personality changes in some users. It would be hard to ascertain whether any or all of these side effects resulted from the drug, but I would NEVER take it or allow anyone I cared about to do so. He had never exhibited any such symptoms before taking it, and I feel it ruined his life on many levels.
More reviews for: Quinine, Bladder incontinence
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I am on 400mg lamictal and 100mg Zoloft. And 50mg trazadone for sleep. The last 3 months I have urinary incontenance. And sudden urges ti pee. Uaually can't make it ro the bathroom. I am a healthy 29 year ols. Also, I used baby wipes several times to wipe after uaingthe bathroom. The wipes were reca ...
- It's been happening for about a month now. I only leak if I cough or sneeze hard. Typically even if I've urinated recently if the action is hard enough. Amounts released do very depending on the severity of the action.
- 10 yrs ago, suddenly had allergic reaction to shampoo and deodorant that I had used for years. Changed deodorants. Still have issues with scalp flare ups while using any brand shampoo. Only thing that helps is Head and Shoulders medicated shampoo in dark blue bottle.
- My doctor put me on Nortriptyline while I was suffering from Shingles and had severe depression, itching, and nerve pain on July 27, 2014. Today is Aug 2, 2014 and I have been having urinary bladder difficulty not emptying while going to the bathroom for about 2 weeks. The last three days have been ...
- Was given this drug to aid in passing kidney stones following a lithotripsy procedure. Everything was fine until the urine cleared and no stones or particles were present in the urine strainer. I haven't been able to leave the bathroom for about four hours because I can't stop peeing. Sometimes it i ...
More related studies for: Quinine, Bladder incontinence
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.