Review: could Quinine cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Quinine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Xanax, and have Toothache.
We study 646 people who have side effects while taking Quinine from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Quinine and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Quinine has active ingredients of cinchona. It is often used in leg pain. (latest outcomes from Quinine 683 users)
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain.(latest reports from Urinary incontinence 18,495 patients)
On Dec, 21, 2014: 646 people reported to have side effects when taking Quinine. Among them, 14 people (2.17%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Quinine when people have Urinary incontinence * :
Gender of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Quinine * :
|Urinary incontinence||42.86%||57.14% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Quinine * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||14.29%||57.14% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Quinine ** :
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Toothache (8 people, 57.14%)
- Muscle spasms (8 people, 57.14%)
- Pain (4 people, 28.57%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2 people, 14.29%)
- Multiple myeloma (2 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (12 people, 85.71%)
- Nexium (12 people, 85.71%)
- Ultram (12 people, 85.71%)
- Miralax (12 people, 85.71%)
- Aspirin (11 people, 78.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Quinine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Quinine and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Quinine
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mum has been on quinine for years and suddenly taken off it by her doctor due to clash with other medications. she has not felt right since and has sweats and pains. is this due to withdrawal?
(Asked by a 78 year old woman who takes Quinine)
Severe sweats, ache all over body. Does not feel well at all.
- Should spirnolactone be taken with metolazone and lasix
(Asked by a 81 year old man who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, Incontinence - Urinary, and takes LASIX, Metolazone)
I PRESENTLY TAKE METOLAZONE ALONG WITH Lasix. MY POTASSIUM HAS DROPPED AND I AM TRYING TO INCREASE POTASSIUM. SHOULD I TAKE SPIRONOLACT TOINCREASE MY POTASSIUM ? IF SO, WHEN SHOULD I TAKE IT ?
- I have been taking tramadol and sertraline for 3 years. now my new arthritis doctor tells me i have to change because of serious side effects which i have never exhibited.
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Depression, Hypothyroidism, Incontinence - Urinary, Acid Reflux, Adrenal Cortical Insufficiency, High Blood Pressure, Craniopharyngioma, Blood Sodium Increased, and takes Tramadol And Acetaminophen, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Protonix, Lisinopril, Synthroid, Oxybutynin Chloride, Desmopressin Acetate, Cabergoline, Hydrocortisone)
The pharmacist told my new arthritis doctor that Sertraline (antidepressant) and Tramadol (painkiller) has serious side effects including seizures, etc. She wants to substitute the tramadol with oxycontin, a habit-forming drug.
I have been taking these drugs (tramadol and Sertraline) together for ...
- Can urinary incontinence be a side effect of taking abilify,lithium and pristiq
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Incontinence - Urinary, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Abilify, Pristiq, Lithium Carbonate)
I understand that pristiq leads to a sense of urgency but since starting Lithium my incontinence has become full blown. It is very difficult to hold down a job.
- My mother is 86yrs old in good health with bladder incontinence from stenosis of spine. she is on 12 mg metropizole for occassional high blood pressure. once she was put on vesicare for five months
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Bladder Incontinence, and takes Vesicare, Metronidazole Hydrochloride)
She began to experience, severe confusion, muscle weakness in the right side, arm and leg. Severe lack of muscle coordination and imbalance. In addition her heart EKG began to indicate irregular heartbeat and atrial fibrillation. She has a weakened aortic/mitral valve with mild regurgitation but tha ...
More questions for: Quinine, Urinary incontinence
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
More reviews for: Quinine, Urinary incontinence
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Depression. The patient has Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination)
Comments: I am on 400mg lamictal and 100mg Zoloft. And 50mg trazadone for sleep. The last 3 months I have urinary incontenance. And sudden urges ti pee. Uaually can't make it ro the bathroom. I am a healthy 29 year ols. Also, I used baby wipes several times to wipe after uaingthe bathroom. The wipes were reca ...
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Claritin-d, Krill Oil, Vitamin D, SAM-e, Dexilant, Buspirone Hcl, Buspar, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Yeast Infections, Allergies, Bipolar 2, Vitamin D, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Migraine. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
Comments: It's been happening for about a month now. I only leak if I cough or sneeze hard. Typically even if I've urinated recently if the action is hard enough. Amounts released do very depending on the severity of the action.
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Vyvanse, Metformin, Zyrtec, Omeprazole, Cymbalta for a patient with Multiple Allergies, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Add, Insulin Resistance, Acid Reflux, Mood Disorder. The patient has Urinary Incontinence, Fatigue, Seborrhoeic Dermatitis
Comments: 10 yrs ago, suddenly had allergic reaction to shampoo and deodorant that I had used for years. Changed deodorants. Still have issues with scalp flare ups while using any brand shampoo. Only thing that helps is Head and Shoulders medicated shampoo in dark blue bottle.
- A study of side effects of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression Associated With Shingles. The patient has Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination), Burning Sensation, Bladder Not Emptying
Comments: My doctor put me on Nortriptyline while I was suffering from Shingles and had severe depression, itching, and nerve pain on July 27, 2014. Today is Aug 2, 2014 and I have been having urinary bladder difficulty not emptying while going to the bathroom for about 2 weeks. The last three days have been ...
- A study of side effects of Tamsulosin for a patient with Kidney Stones. The patient has Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination)
Comments: Was given this drug to aid in passing kidney stones following a lithotripsy procedure. Everything was fine until the urine cleared and no stones or particles were present in the urine strainer. I haven't been able to leave the bathroom for about four hours because I can't stop peeing. Sometimes it i ...
More related studies for: Quinine, Urinary incontinence
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.