Home > Ramipril > Cataract > Ramipril and Cataract
Review: could Ramipril cause Cataract?
Summary: Cataract is found among people who take Ramipril, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 30,771 people who have side effects while taking Ramipril from FDA and social media. Among them, 84 have Cataract. Find out below who they are, when they have Cataract and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ramipril and have Cataract >>>
Ramipril (latest outcomes from 31,846 users) has active ingredients of ramipril. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye) (latest reports from 136,600 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteopenia, diabetes.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 30,751 people reported to have side effects when taking Ramipril. Among them, 84 people (0.27%) have Cataract.
Time on Ramipril when people have Cataract * :
Gender of people who have Cataract when taking Ramipril * :
Age of people who have Cataract when taking Ramipril * :
Severity of Cataract when taking Ramipril ** :
How people recovered from Cataract ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (13 people, 15.48%)
- Multiple myeloma (11 people, 13.10%)
- Glaucoma (8 people, 9.52%)
- Blood cholesterol (6 people, 7.14%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (23 people, 27.38%)
- Zyprexa (13 people, 15.48%)
- Calcium (13 people, 15.48%)
- Vitamin d (13 people, 15.48%)
- Zoloft (11 people, 13.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cataract while taking Ramipril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ramipril and have Cataract
- support group for people who take Ramipril
- support group for people who have Cataract
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone got a cataract from spiriva?
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Cataract, and takes Spiriva)
i had perfect vision and i used spiriva and now i have cataracts, had surgery on one eye now have to go back for my other eye ,
- Wondering if dexilant is causing my problem
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Do Not Urinate Much In Evening, Have To Urinate 3 Or 4 Times At Night, and takes Methocarbamol And Aspirin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Atenolol, Ramipril, Amlodipine, Dexilant )
have had my prostate checked by urologist and prostate is slightly enlarged but not enough to cause problems.urinary track ok,bladder ok etc.
drank a liter of water and bladder emptied ok in test.
seem to urinate good after consuming coffee or beer but lately having more whiskey than beer.
when I ...
- What can cause shortage of breath on exertion?
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Osteoarthritis Generalised, Shortness Of Breath, and takes Ramipril, Atenolol)
My main problem besides the general aches and stiffness which tends to happen as you age, is a shortness of breath if I am sitting doing nothing i don't seem to notice any problem with my breathing, but as soon as I get up and walk I really struggle .This problem appeared about two year ago , when I ...
- Has anyone ever known meningogoccal meningitis cause addison's disease later in life?
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Left Ventricular Thrombus, Cardiomyopathy Secondary To Hypertension , Essential Hypertension, Steroid Prophylaxis, Adrenal Insufficiency NEC , Meningogoccal Septicaemia Meningitis , and takes Ramipril, Amlodipine, Eplerenone, Omeprazole, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Furosemide)
Contracted Meningitis age 13. Adrenal insufficiency aged 15. All conditions thereafter aged 25. I have constant backache. The worst case of striae ive ever seen in a young person without children. Hyper/hypo pigmentation. I crave & eat massive amounts of salt. Nightsweats. Muscle/bone pain. Uninten ...
- How to stop le and foot cramps?
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Cramps - Leg, Cramps In Legs And Feet At Night, Calf Muscle Cramps At Night, Have Heart And Vascular Deciese, and takes Meloxicam, Celexa, Lovastatin, Ramipril, Coreg, Percocet, Aspirin, Temazepam, Adderall 10)
I have been having severe leg, calf and foot cramps. I had them as a child and as I grew up, they stopped. Started having them again after my open-heart-surgery in 07. Just occasionally at first but now, almost every night. I take a potassium supplement and also try a mixture of apple cider vinegar ...
More questions for: Ramipril, Cataract
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pancreatitis possibly related to ramipril
(Posted by a 64 year old man who has Pancreatitis Acute, and takes Ramipril)
Started on Ramipril approximately 12/2012. Had first attack of acute pancreatitis 5/2013. Second attack 9/2103. Ultrasound and Abdominal CT scan normal. Other labs are normal. Lipase elevated both times and treatment required in hospital. Clear liquids and IV fluids were successful in treatment bu ...
More reviews for: Ramipril, Cataract
- A study of drug interactions between Pred Forte, Pregabalin, Folic Acid, Methotrexate, Prednisolone for a patient with Sarcoidosis, Pain, Immunosuppressant Drug Level. The patient has Sleep Disorder, Cough, Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Increased, High Blood Pressure, Cataract, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Pain Of Skin, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Shortness Of Breath, Uveitis, Ectopic Heartbeat, Heart Block Congenital
Comments: Sarcoidosis caused complete heart block. Pacemaker implanted in December 2009 but for the past two years I have had palpitations caused by around 3.7 million ectopic heartbeats per year.
Sarcoidosis also in lungs and eyes. Extended use of Pred Forte caused development of cataracts, one of which h ...
- A study of drug interactions between Altace, Tricor, Coreg, Pradaxa, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Lipitor, Lasix, Omeprazole, Lantus for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Atrial Fibrillation, Blood Thinner, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Acid Reflux, Diabetic Complication. The patient has Zithromax
Comments: I have had bypass surgery twice. Triple in 1984, quadruple in 2009. After the 2009 bypass, I developed atrial fibrillation, low pulse rate and diabetes. On Jan 4th, I saw my doctor for flu symptoms. He prescribed a Z-Pack which I took from Jan 5 - 9, 2013. On Feb 19, 2013 I collapsed in a grocer ...
- A study of drug interactions between Mirapex, Clonazepam, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Cholestyramine, Ramipril, Pravastatin Sodium for a patient with Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression, Ibs, Hypertension, Cholesterol. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: The neurologists tell me I have severe sleep apnea, Restless Leg Syndrome. I also have a tendency for depression. As for the RLS, I have never been quite sure, because of all the symptoms I have read are not like what I suffer from.
What happens is this, when I lie down for a nap or sleep for the n ...
- A study of side effects of Ranexa for a patient with Nutrition And Athletic Performance. The patient has Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye)
Comments: Mar 13 2012 normal eye checkup-no lens changes from prior exam.
I have been on 500mg twice daily since at least March 2011.
August 12 2012 increased ranexa to 1000mg twice daily after increased angina.
August 23 2012 stopped ranexa at 1000 mg due to severe side effects, including passing out, blu ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ramipril, Cymbalta, Flomax, Vyvanse, Ranexa for a patient with Congestive Heart Failure, Pain Management, Bph, Add. The patient has Fatigue Aggravated
Comments: had open heart surgery (July 27, 2011)to repair mitral valve; specifically the posterior side where the chordea had been ruptured, probably for 4 years. First stage of recovery seemed to be going well, though I had residual effects from Guillian Barre a year earlier. Then, started to lose cardio a ...
More related studies for: Ramipril, Cataract
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Neck Pain and Insomnia
- Amitriptyline Hydrochloride
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (4 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (6 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (18 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (5 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Citalopram Hydrobromide, Ativan, Budesonide for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety, Colitis Microscopic (11 minutes ago)
- Fluconazole for a 50-year old woman who has Skin Candida (24 minutes ago)
- Prednisolone, Metformin, Sumatriptan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Ocusert Pilo-20, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Celebrex, Tramadol, Naproxen, Nifedipine, Butrans, Plaquenil, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Clonazepam for a 41-year old woman who has Immunosuppressant Drug Level, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Migraine With Aura, Pain And Sleep, Reflux Gastritis, Sjogren's Syndrome, Anxiety, Pain, Reynauds, Graft Rejection, SLE, Myoclonus (28 minutes ago)