Home > Ramipril > Cataract > Ramipril and Cataract
Review: could Ramipril cause Cataract?
Summary: Cataract is found among people who take Ramipril, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 30,776 people who have side effects while taking Ramipril from FDA and social media. Among them, 84 have Cataract. Find out below who they are, when they have Cataract and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ramipril and have Cataract >>>
Ramipril (latest outcomes from 31,847 users) has active ingredients of ramipril. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye) (latest reports from 17,594 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteopenia, diabetes.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 30,776 people reported to have side effects when taking Ramipril. Among them, 84 people (0.27%) have Cataract.
Time on Ramipril when people have Cataract * :
Gender of people who have Cataract when taking Ramipril * :
Age of people who have Cataract when taking Ramipril * :
Severity of Cataract when taking Ramipril ** :
How people recovered from Cataract ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (13 people, 15.48%)
- Multiple myeloma (11 people, 13.10%)
- Glaucoma (8 people, 9.52%)
- Blood cholesterol (6 people, 7.14%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (23 people, 27.38%)
- Zyprexa (13 people, 15.48%)
- Calcium (13 people, 15.48%)
- Vitamin d (13 people, 15.48%)
- Zoloft (11 people, 13.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cataract while taking Ramipril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ramipril and have Cataract
- support group for people who take Ramipril
- support group for people who have Cataract
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone got a cataract from spiriva?
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Cataract, and takes Spiriva)
i had perfect vision and i used spiriva and now i have cataracts, had surgery on one eye now have to go back for my other eye ,
- Wondering if dexilant is causing my problem
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Do Not Urinate Much In Evening, Have To Urinate 3 Or 4 Times At Night, and takes Methocarbamol And Aspirin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Atenolol, Ramipril, Amlodipine, Dexilant )
have had my prostate checked by urologist and prostate is slightly enlarged but not enough to cause problems.urinary track ok,bladder ok etc.
drank a liter of water and bladder emptied ok in test.
seem to urinate good after consuming coffee or beer but lately having more whiskey than beer.
when I ...
- What can cause shortage of breath on exertion?
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Osteoarthritis Generalised, Shortness Of Breath, and takes Ramipril, Atenolol)
My main problem besides the general aches and stiffness which tends to happen as you age, is a shortness of breath if I am sitting doing nothing i don't seem to notice any problem with my breathing, but as soon as I get up and walk I really struggle .This problem appeared about two year ago , when I ...
- Has anyone ever known meningogoccal meningitis cause addison's disease later in life?
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Left Ventricular Thrombus, Cardiomyopathy Secondary To Hypertension , Essential Hypertension, Steroid Prophylaxis, Adrenal Insufficiency NEC , Meningogoccal Septicaemia Meningitis , and takes Ramipril, Amlodipine, Eplerenone, Omeprazole, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Furosemide)
Contracted Meningitis age 13. Adrenal insufficiency aged 15. All conditions thereafter aged 25. I have constant backache. The worst case of striae ive ever seen in a young person without children. Hyper/hypo pigmentation. I crave & eat massive amounts of salt. Nightsweats. Muscle/bone pain. Uninten ...
- How to stop le and foot cramps?
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Cramps - Leg, Cramps In Legs And Feet At Night, Calf Muscle Cramps At Night, Have Heart And Vascular Deciese, and takes Meloxicam, Celexa, Lovastatin, Ramipril, Coreg, Percocet, Aspirin, Temazepam, Adderall 10)
I have been having severe leg, calf and foot cramps. I had them as a child and as I grew up, they stopped. Started having them again after my open-heart-surgery in 07. Just occasionally at first but now, almost every night. I take a potassium supplement and also try a mixture of apple cider vinegar ...
More questions for: Ramipril, Cataract
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pancreatitis possibly related to ramipril
(Posted by a 64 year old man who has Pancreatitis Acute, and takes Ramipril)
Started on Ramipril approximately 12/2012. Had first attack of acute pancreatitis 5/2013. Second attack 9/2103. Ultrasound and Abdominal CT scan normal. Other labs are normal. Lipase elevated both times and treatment required in hospital. Clear liquids and IV fluids were successful in treatment bu ...
More reviews for: Ramipril, Cataract
- A study of drug interactions between Estradiol Valerate, Aspirin, Simvastatin, Ramipril, Aminophyllin for a patient with Menorrhagia, Chd, Tmj Disorders. The patient has Menorrhagia, Tmj Disorders
Comments: had 1 MRI 1 ct on head, awaiting 2nd MRI concentrating on tmj,
had menorrhagia for 2 yrs tried various hormone pills and no change. Had marina coil and clamavil since July 2014 still having periods with clots,
have osteopenia too. T5 T6 diminished in spine,
TMJ much worse when menstruating and m ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zetia, Ramipril, Atorvastatin Calcium, Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Diarrhea. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Just began Cholestyramine Pack on 10/01/2015 for chronic diahrrea which, after several months and many tests, can not be diagnosed! After approx.2 weeks on this medication, began losing considerable amounts of hair every time I shampooed, brushed or even gently combed. After one week, there is a n ...
- A study of side effects of Lipitor for a patient with Elevated Mood. The patient has Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye)
Comments: Age 47, developed cataracts both eyes within one year. Lipitor started during that one year. Leg pain so high quit taking the drug for the leg pain.
At the time didn't know the Lipitor catarac relationship.
Youngest person in the surgery waiting room. Cataracts removed lenses lenses implqnt ...
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Lovastatin, Ramipril for a patient with Diskitis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Vaginal Itching
Comments: Vigina itching, I been to several doctors and they can't figure it out. So I figure that one of these pills are causing it..I went off of all meds and a week later I stop itching. So I started taking them again and now I'm itching again.
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Cialis, Proventil, Xanax, Cardizem Sr, Lanoxin, Xarelto, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Clonidine, Altace for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, Bph, Asthma, Panic Attacks, High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Asthma, Panic Attacks, High Blood Pressure, Sleep Apnea, Atrail Fib, Kidney Stones, Prostatitis, Osteoma,p Adrenal Adenoma, Pancreatitis
Comments: I have had rat bite fever, 1957; pylo9inidal cyst; PVC's, Hypoglycemia,p Hyperglycemia; Esophagitis; Diverticulitis; Ulcerative colitis; heart attack; gall bladder removal; adrenal adenoma; osteoma of the ear canal; kidney stones; prostatitis; agent orange exposure
More related studies for: Ramipril, Cataract
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.