Ramipril and Frequent bowel movements - from FDA reports
Frequent bowel movements is found among people who take Ramipril, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Frequent bowel movements with Ramipril. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 55,129 people who have side effects when taking Ramipril from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 24, 2017
55,129 people reported to have side effects when taking Ramipril.
Among them, 2,325 people (4.22%) have Frequent Bowel Movements
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ramipril when people have Frequent Bowel Movements *:
- < 1 month: 40.76 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.92 %
- 1 - 2 years: 8.28 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.46 %
- 5 - 10 years: 11.46 %
- 10+ years: 3.82 %
Gender of people who have Frequent Bowel Movements when taking Ramipril *:
- female: 53.28 %
- male: 46.72 %
Age of people who have Frequent Bowel Movements when taking Ramipril *:
- 0-1: 0.1 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.1 %
- 20-29: 1.1 %
- 30-39: 1.26 %
- 40-49: 5.37 %
- 50-59: 17.57 %
- 60+: 74.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (531 people, 22.84%)
- Pain (148 people, 6.37%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (141 people, 6.06%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (141 people, 6.06%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (123 people, 5.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (277 people, 11.91%)
- Metformin (211 people, 9.08%)
- Simvastatin (204 people, 8.77%)
- Amlodipine (186 people, 8.00%)
- Furosemide (183 people, 7.87%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (587 people, 25.25%)
- Nausea (485 people, 20.86%)
- Fatigue (303 people, 13.03%)
- Abdominal Pain (285 people, 12.26%)
- Dehydration (282 people, 12.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Frequent bowel movements when taking Ramipril?
- Check symptoms - is frequent bowel movements caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Ramipril has active ingredients of ramipril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Ramipril 57,516 users)
Frequent Bowel Movements
Frequent bowel movements has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 288,196 Frequent bowel movements patients).
Browse all side effects of Ramiprila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Frequent bowel movementsFrequent bowel movements
Could your condition cause Frequent bowel movementsFrequent bowel movements
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I have been taking Creon for 5 months due to partial removal of my pancreas, my gall bladder and the my bile duct due to cancer. I also take a multivitamin, Vitamin D and calcium. I have loose stools daily (not sure if it qualifies for diarrhea), several times a day, meaning they are not ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been taking 900mg of Gabapentin every evening to relieve the severe burning in the soles of my feet for the last 3 months. Early on I experienced a change in bowel habits, from a lifelong battle with constipation to loose, regular, very odorous, somewhat painful movements. Has anyone ...
I was placed on Amlodipine Bestlate 5 mg. Only took for two days started feeling very weak, tired and have diarrhea everytime I eat. Anyone have side effects that quicky after starting this medication, if so how long did it take for symptoms to go away?