Review: could Ramipril cause Frequent bowel movements (Diarrhea)?
Summary: Frequent bowel movements is found among people who take Ramipril, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 30,817 people who have side effects while taking Ramipril from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,197 have Frequent bowel movements. Find out below who they are, when they have Frequent bowel movements and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ramipril and have Frequent bowel movements >>>
Ramipril has active ingredients of ramipril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 31,887 Ramipril users)
Frequent bowel movements
Frequent bowel movements has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 139,352 Frequent bowel movements patients)
On Mar, 10, 2015: 30,812 people reported to have side effects when taking Ramipril. Among them, 1,197 people (3.88%) have Frequent Bowel Movements.
Time on Ramipril when people have Frequent bowel movements * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Frequent bowel movements||44.55%||16.36%||2.73%||4.55%||16.36%||12.73%||2.73% |
Gender of people who have Frequent bowel movements when taking Ramipril * :
|Frequent bowel movements||52.64%||47.36% |
Age of people who have Frequent bowel movements when taking Ramipril * :
|Frequent bowel movements||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.55%||1.00%||5.65%||17.23%||74.57% |
Severity of Frequent bowel movements when taking Ramipril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Frequent bowel movements||6.25%||43.75%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Frequent bowel movements ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Frequent bowel movements||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (293 people, 24.48%)
- Pain (88 people, 7.35%)
- Atrial fibrillation (73 people, 6.10%)
- Breast cancer (65 people, 5.43%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (61 people, 5.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (274 people, 22.89%)
- Furosemide (164 people, 13.70%)
- Simvastatin (149 people, 12.45%)
- Metformin hcl (138 people, 11.53%)
- Omeprazole (131 people, 10.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ramipril and frequent bowel movements on
Do you have Frequent Bowel Movements while taking Ramipril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Ramipril and have Frequent Bowel Movements
- support group for people who take Ramipril
- support group for people who have Frequent Bowel Movements
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 21-year old woman with Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. The patient has Chills (felling of cold), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Fever, Sleepiness (excess sleeping), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- A study of drug interactions between Crestor, Ramipril, Effexor Xr for a 58-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ocd. The patient has Epicondylitis
- A study of side effects of Magnesium for a 59-year old woman with Hypomagnesemia. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 35-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Heart Palpitations, Breathing Difficulty, Chills, Diarrhea, Fatigue
Recent Ramipril related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.