Ramipril and Frequent bowel movements - from FDA reports
Frequent bowel movements is found among people who take Ramipril, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Frequent bowel movements with Ramipril. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 57,169 people who have side effects when taking Ramipril from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
57,169 people reported to have side effects when taking Ramipril.
Among them, 2,475 people (4.33%) have Frequent bowel movements
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ramipril when people have Frequent bowel movements *:
- < 1 month: 41.25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.38 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.5 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.88 %
- 5 - 10 years: 11.25 %
- 10+ years: 3.75 %
Gender of people who have Frequent bowel movements when taking Ramipril *:
- female: 53.21 %
- male: 46.79 %
Age of people who have Frequent bowel movements when taking Ramipril *:
- 0-1: 0.09 %
- 2-9: 0.05 %
- 10-19: 0.09 %
- 20-29: 1.04 %
- 30-39: 1.27 %
- 40-49: 5.66 %
- 50-59: 17.51 %
- 60+: 74.28 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (154 people, 6.22%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (152 people, 6.14%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (148 people, 5.98%)
- Diabetes (129 people, 5.21%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (128 people, 5.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (277 people, 11.19%)
- Metformin (239 people, 9.66%)
- Simvastatin (209 people, 8.44%)
- Amlodipine (199 people, 8.04%)
- Furosemide (191 people, 7.72%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (609 people, 24.61%)
- Nausea (513 people, 20.73%)
- Fatigue (336 people, 13.58%)
- Dehydration (306 people, 12.36%)
- Abdominal Pain (305 people, 12.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Frequent bowel movements when taking Ramipril?
- Check symptoms - is frequent bowel movements caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFrequent bowel movements and drugs with ingredients of ramipril.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFrequent bowel movements and Ramipril from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ramipril has active ingredients of ramipril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Ramipril 59,648 users)
Frequent bowel movements
Frequent bowel movements has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease (latest reports from 302,006 Frequent bowel movements patients).
Browse all side effects of Ramiprila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Frequent bowel movementsFrequent bowel movements
Could your condition cause Frequent bowel movementsFrequent bowel movements
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking Creon for 5 months due to partial removal of my pancreas, my gall bladder and the my bile duct due to cancer. I also take a multivitamin, Vitamin D and calcium. I have loose stools daily (not sure if it qualifies for diarrhea), several times a day, meaning they are not ...
Hi, I have been having severe cramps for a couple weeks now. About a month ago I started having diarrhea, tmi I know, and then a couple weeks later I was constipated. I have been having irregular bleeding with clots and also discharge with a bit of odor. I have severe pressure when I have both ...
User reviews to the study
ive been taking ramipril with amlodipine for about 4 months and i have swollen gums and a loose tooth i didnt have these symptoms when i was just on amlodipine is this normal or should i stop taking the ramipril