Review: could Ramipril cause Mood swings?
Summary: Mood swings is found among people who take Ramipril, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 30,776 people who have side effects while taking Ramipril from FDA and social media. Among them, 52 have Mood swings. Find out below who they are, when they have Mood swings and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ramipril and have Mood swings >>>
Ramipril has active ingredients of ramipril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Ramipril 31,851 users)
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, birth control, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety.(view latest reports from 24,705 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 30,776 people reported to have side effects when taking Ramipril. Among them, 52 people (0.17%) have Mood Swings.
Time on Ramipril when people have Mood swings * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mood swings||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mood swings when taking Ramipril * :
|Mood swings||44.23%||55.77% |
Age of people who have Mood swings when taking Ramipril * :
|Mood swings||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.70%||0.00%||24.32%||13.51%||59.46% |
Severity of Mood swings when taking Ramipril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mood swings||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Mood swings ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (10 people, 19.23%)
- Depression (10 people, 19.23%)
- Anxiety (8 people, 15.38%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (7 people, 13.46%)
- Diabetes mellitus (5 people, 9.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (16 people, 30.77%)
- Altace (10 people, 19.23%)
- Simvastatin (9 people, 17.31%)
- Furosemide (9 people, 17.31%)
- Klonopin (8 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mood Swings while taking Ramipril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ramipril and have Mood Swings
- support group for people who take Ramipril
- support group for people who have Mood Swings
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Wondering if dexilant is causing my problem (2 answers)
have had my prostate checked by urologist and prostate is slightly enlarged but not enough to cause problems.urinary track ok,bladder ok etc.
drank a liter of water and bladder emptied ok in test.
seem to urinate good after consuming coffee or beer but lately having more whiskey than beer.
when I drink whiskey I don't urinate much in evening but have to get up 3 or 4 times during the night to urinate.amlodipine,ramipril,atenolol are for blood pressure.
rosuvastatin for cholesterol,methocarbonal for sore back,pseudoephedrine and ibuprofen are for sinus headaches caused from smoking cigarettes.
so anybody out there think dexilant might be causing my urinating during the night problem ?
plus when I do go during the night I don't seem to completely empty my bladder!
any ideas ?
- What can cause shortage of breath on exertion? (1 answer)
My main problem besides the general aches and stiffness which tends to happen as you age, is a shortness of breath if I am sitting doing nothing i don't seem to notice any problem with my breathing, but as soon as I get up and walk I really struggle .This problem appeared about two year ago , when I started coughing up phlegm , off to the docs had chest xray appeared ok, had a heart scan appeared ok, so ended up with the normal tools of the trade Inhalers which never seem to do any good. So I am looking for any help to identify my problem, maybe someone else has a similar problem and can through a bit light on mine.
- Has anyone ever known meningogoccal meningitis cause addison's disease later in life?
Contracted Meningitis age 13. Adrenal insufficiency aged 15. All conditions thereafter aged 25. I have constant backache. The worst case of striae ive ever seen in a young person without children. Hyper/hypo pigmentation. I crave & eat massive amounts of salt. Nightsweats. Muscle/bone pain. Unintended weight loss 28lbs. Extreme anxiety.
- How to stop le and foot cramps? (3 answers)
I have been having severe leg, calf and foot cramps. I had them as a child and as I grew up, they stopped. Started having them again after my open-heart-surgery in 07. Just occasionally at first but now, almost every night. I take a potassium supplement and also try a mixture of apple cider vinegar and honey. Does anyone out there know anything else I can try? This condition is starting to get BAD!!! Thanks to all
- How to recover from erectile dyfunction after taking metropol tablets fror 15 years
Erectile Dyfunction /premature ejeculation since one year
25 years old diabetes
Heart diseases PTC done 8years ago
More questions for: Ramipril, Mood swings
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lo loestrin and breast plate pain
This has to be the worst birth control I have ever taken. I felt like two different people. I turned into a lunatic when I was in my cycle - which I never knew when I was on my cycle because I bled for two days here, four days there, 5 days another time. I never knew when I was going to bleed. My face had cysts and I was breaking out like I was going through puberty-I'm 33! I was having pain in my breast bone where the cartilage meets the sternum. I am talking about serious pain! It felt like I had slept on my side for hours with a boulder on me. I would never recommend this birth control to anyone. If you are taking it and feeling these symptoms, talk to your doctor about switching birth control immediately!
- Pancreatitis possibly related to ramipril
Started on Ramipril approximately 12/2012. Had first attack of acute pancreatitis 5/2013. Second attack 9/2103. Ultrasound and Abdominal CT scan normal. Other labs are normal. Lipase elevated both times and treatment required in hospital. Clear liquids and IV fluids were successful in treatment but no other causes for my pancreatitis have been identified. I am Type 2 Diabetic. Had a cardiac stent placed for arteriosclerosis (not symptomatic) a few years ago. It was found on general exam. After stress test 12/2012, my physician gave me Rx for Ramipril. In trying to find out a reason for my two episodes of pancreatitis, a friend mentioned someone she knew who had pancreatitis found to be related to his BP medication. I decided to research and found that others have had pancreatitis related to Ramipril. Thought I would share my story. Stopping this medication!
More reviews for: Ramipril, Mood swings
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have been taking this medication prescribed by my doctor and I noticed after 2 weeks I am having mood swings... yelling at my family for no reason which is not normal for me. Short tempered and just impatient in general.
- I have been having these palpitations for this phase since August 2014 although I have had them before, whilst on Ramipril. Had an ECG and other than I have been diagnosed with ectopic heartbeats the heart looks healthy enough, yet I am getting severe palpitations daily, to the point they do put me ...
- had 1 MRI 1 ct on head, awaiting 2nd MRI concentrating on tmj,
had menorrhagia for 2 yrs tried various hormone pills and no change. Had marina coil and clamavil since July 2014 still having periods with clots,
have osteopenia too. T5 T6 diminished in spine,
TMJ much worse when menstruating and m ...
- Just began Cholestyramine Pack on 10/01/2015 for chronic diahrrea which, after several months and many tests, can not be diagnosed! After approx.2 weeks on this medication, began losing considerable amounts of hair every time I shampooed, brushed or even gently combed. After one week, there is a n ...
- I cant control my anger..I have severe mood swings and lash out at people.I know that I feel like everyone is against me and trying to mess with my head.i don't want to get out of bed and I have a hard time functioning doing daily tasks.I get different feelings when im around others such as anxiety, ...
More related studies for: Ramipril, Mood swings
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.