Ramipril and Mood swings - from FDA reports
Mood swings is found among people who take Ramipril, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Simvastatin, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Mood swings with Ramipril. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 57,169 people who have side effects when taking Ramipril from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
57,169 people reported to have side effects when taking Ramipril.
Among them, 112 people (0.2%) have Mood swings
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ramipril when people have Mood swings *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 90 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Mood swings when taking Ramipril *:
- female: 43.27 %
- male: 56.73 %
Age of people who have Mood swings when taking Ramipril *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.41 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 15.91 %
- 50-59: 27.27 %
- 60+: 53.41 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (21 people, 18.75%)
- Depression (14 people, 12.50%)
- Stress And Anxiety (9 people, 8.04%)
- Chest Pain (9 people, 8.04%)
- Quit Smoking (8 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Simvastatin (16 people, 14.29%)
- Tylenol (14 people, 12.50%)
- Lyrica (11 people, 9.82%)
- Fluoxetine (11 people, 9.82%)
- Aspirin (11 people, 9.82%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (29 people, 25.89%)
- Memory Loss (20 people, 17.86%)
- Suicidal Ideation (19 people, 16.96%)
- Tremor (18 people, 16.07%)
- Itching (18 people, 16.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Mood swings when taking Ramipril?
- Check symptoms - is mood swings caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMood swings and drugs with ingredients of ramipril.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMood swings and Ramipril from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ramipril has active ingredients of ramipril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Ramipril 59,649 users)
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) has been reported by people with depression, birth control, quit smoking, pain (latest reports from 43,339 Mood swings patients).
Browse all side effects of Ramiprila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Mood swingsMood swings
Could your condition cause Mood swingsMood swings
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Honestly I will never take this pill ever again. I wish I could say I only felt drowsy . At first I did and then I started getting these really sad and depressive thoughts and I know it's the pill because I had a great day. I start crying for no reason . My boyfriend asked me what was wrong and ...
User reviews to the study
ive been taking ramipril with amlodipine for about 4 months and i have swollen gums and a loose tooth i didnt have these symptoms when i was just on amlodipine is this normal or should i stop taking the ramipril