Home > Ranitidine > Narcotic abuse > Ranitidine and Narcotic abuse
Review: could Ranitidine cause Narcotic abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Narcotic abuse is reported only by a few people who take Ranitidine.
We study 474 people who have side effects while taking Ranitidine from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Narcotic abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Narcotic abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ranitidine and have Narcotic abuse >>>
Ranitidine (latest outcomes from 1,002 users) has active ingredients of ranitidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) (latest reports from 10,555 patients) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 470 people reported to have side effects when taking Ranitidine. Among them, 3 people (0.64%) have Narcotic Abuse.
Time on Ranitidine when people have Narcotic abuse * :
Gender of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Ranitidine * :
|Narcotic abuse||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Ranitidine * :
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Severity of Narcotic abuse when taking Ranitidine ** :
How people recovered from Narcotic abuse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acetaminophen (1 people, 33.33%)
- Imipramine (1 people, 33.33%)
- Tiagabine hcl (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lisinopril (1 people, 33.33%)
- Benazepril hydrochloride (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Narcotic Abuse while taking Ranitidine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ranitidine and have Narcotic Abuse
- support group for people who take Ranitidine
- support group for people who have Narcotic Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is clozapine simular to suboxen
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Heroin Abuse)
I am withdrawing from heroin and im out of suboxen will clozapine work simularly , will it help at all or hurt
- What are some known or reported side effects from a zantac overdose? especially long term side effects?
(Asked by a 1 year old boy who has Blank Stare, Diarrhoea Nos, Stools - Bloody, Skin Infection - Yeast, Choking When Eating, Eczema, Poor Peripheral Circulation, and takes Ranitidine)
My son was born preterm weighing in at 5lbs. During his time in the NICU the doctors diagnosed him with acid reflux and started him on Ranitidine. One day prior to him leaving the NICU I was given a script to be filled for at home use. The dosage was suppose to be .375ml but instead the pharmacy fil ...
- For the past 7 years have gotten these severe painful attacks. i get about 1 to 2 a year. they start out like a case of food poisoning with diarrhea and vomiting. the pain is intense and as severe
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Gastritis, and takes Omeprazole, Ranitidine)
The pain is intense and severe as all natural childbirth. The pain is so intense I cannot move, talk, or function. I just keep heaving bile until I am so dehydrated I get taken to the emergency room. They run tests and CAT scans on me but can never find anything. I have gone to a specialist in the p ...
- Is taking 1.5 or 2 mg lorazepam while on suboxone dangerous, suboxone is being used for opaite dependence and pain and lorazepam is used for anxiety
(Asked by a 40 year old man who has Narcotic Abuse, and takes Lorazepam)
I am taking about 20 to 22 MG of suboxone a day but I also take 2 mg of Lorazepam a day for anxiety, is it dangerous to do so. I do not exceed the doses mentioned at all.
- I am taking omeprazole and ranitidine for acid reflux both seem to be giving me side effects fatigue, dizziness
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, IBS, and takes Omeprazole, Ranitidine)
I took esomoprazole ( nexium ) 20 mg for acid reflux for thirteen days but felt so unwell side effects fatigue and feeling very unsteady and disoriented , not all the time but enough to make me want to stop taking it. It had however diminished my cough and sore throat caused by the reflux. My gastro ...
More questions for: Ranitidine, Narcotic abuse
More reviews for: Ranitidine, Narcotic abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Losartan Potassium, Co-codamol for a patient with Coeliac Diarrohea, Not Sure, Don't Know, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Ranitidine for a patient with Blood Thinner, Acid Reflux. The patient has Breathlessness, Heart Palpitations
Comments: I constantly have palpitations and breathlessness. Worse in the mornings. I have had a chest X-ray , ECG and blood tests and have no physical problems. I still exercise regularly . I feel tired a lot of the time
- A study of side effects of Ranitidine for a patient with C-section. The patient has Stillbirth (a birth of dead foetus)
Comments: I strongly believe I am a victim of ranatidine drug as I took it and it crossed the placenta and killed my baby .however no one believes me I had gestational diabetes at the time and they told me I did not have it
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Ranitidine, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, N - Acetyl Cysteine, Dulera for a patient with Dyspnea, Gerd, Hay Fever, Copd, Back Pain - Nonspecific. The patient has Dyspnea
Comments: was much worse at onset / diagnosis copd, could not walk a block or up stairs.
after 3 years much smoking cesation and 25 lb weight loss and steadily increasing exercise load, I have much less dyspnea, no obstruction found (DX changed to nonspecific pulmonary defect) but still have subnormal FEV # ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Lansoprazole, Ranitidine, Synthroid, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Eliquis for a patient with Anxiety, Epigastric Discomfort, Hypothyroidism, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Nocturia
Comments: I have atrial fib and was cardioverted and placed on eliquis and sotalol november 2013. I have since developed in January 2014 nocturia , and also frequent urination during day. I am thirsty frequently.
More related studies for: Ranitidine, Narcotic abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.