Review: could Rapaflo cause Nasal congestion?
Summary: Nasal congestion is found among people who take Rapaflo, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Benign prostatic hyperplasia.
We study 801 people who have side effects while taking Rapaflo from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Nasal congestion. Find out below who they are, when they have Nasal congestion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Rapaflo and have Nasal congestion >>>
Rapaflo has active ingredients of silodosin. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from Rapaflo 930 users)
Nasal congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, erection problems.(latest reports from Nasal congestion 13,433 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 801 people reported to have side effects when taking Rapaflo. Among them, 38 people (4.74%) have Nasal Congestion.
Time on Rapaflo when people have Nasal congestion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nasal congestion||61.90%||33.33%||4.76%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Rapaflo * :
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.78%||0.00%||5.56%||16.67%||75.00% |
Severity of Nasal congestion when taking Rapaflo ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nasal congestion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nasal congestion||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (15 people, 39.47%)
- Prostatic disorder (4 people, 10.53%)
- Pollakiuria (3 people, 7.89%)
- Enlarged prostate (3 people, 7.89%)
- Bladder disorder (2 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (1 people, 2.63%)
- Prevacid (1 people, 2.63%)
- Carafate (1 people, 2.63%)
- Thyroid tab (1 people, 2.63%)
- Flonase (1 people, 2.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
koop (2 years ago):
Been on and off of Rapaflo and everytime I start taking it I get the stuffy nose.I take afrin nose spray which helps but it is not good to take it with enlarged prostate so I'm fighting a vicious circle here.Tried to quit Rapaflo n urge to urinate comes right back.I'm ready to blow my head off and be done with it..
Reply the comment
comment (2 years ago):
The nasal congestion and dry enjeculation are probably two main side effects after taking the Rapaflo. Has anyone successfully control the nasal congestion due to taking the Rapaflo?
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nasal Congestion while taking Rapaflo?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Rapaflo and have Nasal Congestion
- support group for people who take Rapaflo
- support group for people who have Nasal Congestion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do others have nasal congestion from the drug
i especially notice these symptoms after eating a meal
- E.d. medication with rapaflo
Is there an ED medication that can be taken with Rapaflo ? I see that Viagra, Cialis, etc., have an affect when taken with Rapaflo. Any info on this ?
- Experience blocked nose and force air out to breathe.nasal discharge is white and not thick.if after food, nose is blocked, i vomit. even in mornings, without eating, sometimes i vomit. which disease?
Experience blocked nose and force air out to breathe.Nasal discharge is white and not thick.If after food, nose is blocked, I vomit. Even in mornings, without eating, sometimes I vomit. I contacted doctor and he asked for nose X-ray which confirmed deviated septum. Which Disease is this and how can I cure?
- Besides the metalic taste does your bowel movement have a metalic smell?
Have had fever off and on with chest congestion for 12 weeks. Have had 3 chest x-rays and 3 routines of antibiotics. Have been taking Musinex DM almost daily per doctors orders. Have had metalic taste within the first month of taking Musinex DM and also notice bowel movement smells different - kind of metalic smell if that is possible. Has anyone else noticed this smell? Is this a common side effect that no one talks about?
More questions for: Rapaflo, Nasal congestion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Silodosin and gynecomastia
By accident, I forgot to take my Rapaflo for over ten days. My breast itching, associated with doctor-diagnosed gynecomastia, went away dramatically.
I stopped taking it as if this day.
More reviews for: Rapaflo, Nasal congestion
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Discharge of yellow and green,keep telling me its sinus infection.Been using the nedi-pod for months not helping.I have to use 2 a day just to get a relief to sleep at night.Had a steriod nasal spray and antibiotics for sinuse that didn't work.
- After tapering off the clonazepam I started to feel this way 2 days later. I also had mild sleep interruption and dripping in my throat. I am currently back on the clonazepam to taper off more. Symptoms are worsening.
- Recurrent shingles for last 1-2 years with them now coming almost as soon as I am off the 7 days 3000 gram course. Two weeks ago during the 5th day of the 3000 per day, I awoke and the muscles of my lower extremities were so tight and rigid I could hardly bend to move. Painful to get around, could b ...
- within the last six months I have experienced achy joints and muscles. My scalp breaks out in a rash I have itchy spots on chest and upper abdomen. My B-12 is low and white blood count was low. I had one doctor treat me for one month for Lyme disease with no help, and I have a lot of the side effect ...
- Xolair given for 4 months, 1/month, with no problem. Increased to 2/month, and developed hives within 24 hours. Got another shot of Xolair in 2 weeks, hives increased, along with several granuloma annulare spots. It has been 8 weeks since my last injection, and the hives and granuloma annulare ar ...
More related studies for: Rapaflo, Nasal congestion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.