Review: could Rapaflo cause Nasal congestion?
Summary: Nasal congestion is found among people who take Rapaflo, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Enlarged prostate.
We study 806 people who have side effects while taking Rapaflo from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Nasal congestion. Find out below who they are, when they have Nasal congestion and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Rapaflo and have Nasal congestion >>>
Rapaflo has active ingredients of silodosin. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 935 Rapaflo users)
Nasal congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, erection problems. (latest reports from 14,504 Nasal congestion patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 805 people reported to have side effects when taking Rapaflo. Among them, 38 people (4.72%) have Nasal Congestion.
Time on Rapaflo when people have Nasal congestion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nasal congestion||61.90%||33.33%||4.76%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Rapaflo * :
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.78%||0.00%||5.56%||16.67%||75.00% |
Severity of Nasal congestion when taking Rapaflo ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nasal congestion||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nasal congestion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nasal congestion||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (15 people, 39.47%)
- Prostatic disorder (4 people, 10.53%)
- Pollakiuria (3 people, 7.89%)
- Enlarged prostate (3 people, 7.89%)
- Bladder disorder (2 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (1 people, 2.63%)
- Prevacid (1 people, 2.63%)
- Carafate (1 people, 2.63%)
- Thyroid tab (1 people, 2.63%)
- Flonase (1 people, 2.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
koop (2 years ago):
Been on and off of Rapaflo and everytime I start taking it I get the stuffy nose.I take afrin nose spray which helps but it is not good to take it with enlarged prostate so I'm fighting a vicious circle here.Tried to quit Rapaflo n urge to urinate comes right back.I'm ready to blow my head off and be done with it..
Reply the comment
comment (2 years ago):
The nasal congestion and dry enjeculation are probably two main side effects after taking the Rapaflo. Has anyone successfully control the nasal congestion due to taking the Rapaflo?
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of rapaflo and nasal congestion on
Do you have Nasal Congestion while taking Rapaflo?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Rapaflo and have Nasal Congestion
- support group for people who take Rapaflo
- support group for people who have Nasal Congestion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Onglyza, Crestor, Farxiga for a 64-year old man with Diabetes, Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Swelling, Pain In Jaw, Nasal Congestion
- A study of drug interactions between Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Rapaflo, Tribenzor for a 67-year old man with Acid Reflux, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Xanax for a 22-year old man with ADD, Anxiety. The patient has Stuffy Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Calcium, Vitamin D, Ranitidine, Ondansetron, Tramadol, Anastrozole for a 32-year old woman with Deficiency - Vitamin C, Calcium Deficiency, Vitamin D Decreased, Heartburn, Nausea, Pain - Back, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Stuffy Nose, Sore Throat, Runny Nose
- A study of side effects of Lovaza for a 85-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Paralysis Spastic (excl Congenital), Hearing Loss, Hand Tremor, Sneezing, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (unusual prickling sensations), Loose Bowel Movements (weak bowel movement), Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Short-term Memory Loss, Nasal Congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels), Cough, Watery Eyes (excess tearing from eye)
Recent Rapaflo related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.