Home > Rebif > Muscle spasticity > Rebif and Muscle spasticity
Review: could Rebif cause Muscle spasticity?
Summary: Muscle spasticity is found among people who take Rebif, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Baclofen, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 32,033 people who have side effects while taking Rebif from FDA and social media. Among them, 153 have Muscle spasticity. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle spasticity and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Rebif and have Muscle spasticity >>>
Rebif (latest outcomes from 32,156 users) has active ingredients of interferon beta-1a. It is often used in multiple sclerosis.
Muscle spasticity (tight or stiff muscles and an inability to control those muscles) (latest reports from 25,910 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 32,031 people reported to have side effects when taking Rebif. Among them, 153 people (0.48%) have Muscle Spasticity.
Time on Rebif when people have Muscle spasticity * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle spasticity||8.70%||15.22%||10.87%||17.39%||36.96%||6.52%||4.35% |
Gender of people who have Muscle spasticity when taking Rebif * :
|Muscle spasticity||76.57%||23.43% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasticity when taking Rebif * :
|Muscle spasticity||0.00%||0.00%||0.66%||8.55%||24.34%||25.00%||25.00%||16.45% |
Severity of Muscle spasticity when taking Rebif ** :
How people recovered from Muscle spasticity ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (125 people, 81.70%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (15 people, 9.80%)
- Depression (8 people, 5.23%)
- Pain (6 people, 3.92%)
- Secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (5 people, 3.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Baclofen (32 people, 20.92%)
- Ibuprofen (12 people, 7.84%)
- Amantadine hcl (10 people, 6.54%)
- Neurontin (9 people, 5.88%)
- Provigil (8 people, 5.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Spasticity while taking Rebif?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Rebif and have Muscle Spasticity
- support group for people who take Rebif
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasticity
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Ive been taking zanaflex 4 mg for a year and my dr added wellbutrin. i take them both at night then take another 4 mg of zanaflex in the morning and i experience extreme drowsiness and a high feeling?
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Muscle Spasticity, Stroke Symptom, Anger, and takes Baclofen, Diovan Hct, Lovaza, Zanaflex, ASA, Vitamin B12, Pristiq, Wellbutrin Xl)
I HAD A STROKE 3 YEARS AGO AT THE AGE OF 37 THAT WAS DUE TO MALFORMED MIDDLE CEREBRAL ARTERY. I WAS PUT ON CELEXA WHICH WASNT CONTROLLING MY ANGER SO WAS PUT ON PRISTIQ. AFTER ALMOST A YEAR IT WASNT WORKING AS WELL SO DR ADDED WELLBUTRIN. ALL OTHER MEDS REMAINED SAME BUT HAVE HAD AN ISSUE AFTER TAKI ...
- Anybody else can't lay on their back to sleep?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Arthritis, and takes Tramadol, Rebif, Celebrex, Soma, Gabapentin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide)
Laying on my back causes severe pain and muscle spasms. Does anyone have a possible solution?
- I try to stay very active despite my stroke two years ago, the more i do the more fatigue i experience along with nausea as soon as i get up in the morning. i take 600-800mg of gabapentin daily is it?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Thalamic Infarction, Hypertension, Central Pain Syndrome, Muscle Spasticity, Foot Drop, Fatigue, Nausea, and takes Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide)
Since my stroke August 2010 I ignore my pain and discomfort caused by everything from clothes, shoes, the AC coming on, my bed and being touched or come in contact with things around. I tripped on things because I can't feel things with my right foot. I have recently started back driving with my lef ...
- Can rebif cause flat warts
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Flat Warts, and takes Rebif)
- My appendix was removed during a c-section when i was 24. i was diagnosed with ms at the age of 37. could there be any correlation between these events?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, and takes Avonex, Betaseron, Rebif, Dexamethasone, Ampyra, Novantrone, Tysabri, Baclofen, Ibuprofen, Provigil, Benadryl, Tylenol, Claritin)
More questions for: Rebif, Muscle spasticity
More reviews for: Rebif, Muscle spasticity
- A study of side effects of Rebif for a patient with Multiple Sclerosis Relapse. The patient has Aneurysm Arteriovenous (a dilated connection between an artery and a vein that allows blood to flow from the artery into the vein)
Comments: Doctor is watching in 6 months I will be having another CT scan to check if renal artery aneurysm has grown. Doctor wants to do an angiogram and then a coil embolization to repair the aneurysm.
- A study of side effects of Rebif for a patient with Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Respiratory Distress (difficulty in breathing)
Comments: Had Respiratory Distress, coughing, clogged nasal passages, an extreme skin rash and problems sleeping.
After telling my neurologist these symptoms worsen after I get a needle of Rebif he didn't really believe me because I was taking Rebif for about 8 years with no to little side effects. I was adm ...
- A study of drug interactions between Garcinia Cambogia, Rebif, Losartan, Fluvoxamine Maleate for a patient with Lose Weight, Multiple Sclerosis, Blood Pressure Increased, Depression. The patient has
Comments: I need to know the interaction between: fluvoxamine + Losartan + Interferon beta 1-b + Garcinia Cambogia.
Thanks a lot! Greetings from Mexico City.
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Blunted Affect (lack of emotional reactivity), Muscle Spasticity Aggravated (tight or stiff muscles and an inability to control those muscles)
Comments: Diagnosed with Primary Lateral Sclerosis after having been on Simvastatin a short while and exactly after 5 years diagnosis was revised to ALS.
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Baclofen, Neurontin, Rebif for a patient with MS. The patient has Hearing Loss, Tinnitus
Comments: Progressive bilat hearing loss r ear worse onset 1-1&1/2 year ms x5 years
Fell 1/2013 loc concussion tinnitus started sounds like " buzzing heat bugs" non stop could hear over my last mri drives me nuts told may never go away need hearing aids per ent& audiologist do not have $6,000 to buy the ...
More related studies for: Rebif, Muscle spasticity
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Hashimoto's Disease and Molar Pregnancy
- Headache and Minoxidil
- Hepatic Cirrhosis and Hypercapnia
- Maxalt and Hair Loss
- Myrbetriq and Hyponatraemia
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (20 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (1 day ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (15 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (19 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (24 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Depo-provera, Metadate Cd for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (2 minutes ago)
- Orsythia for a 21-year old woman who has Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive (51 minutes ago)
- Lorazepam, Hydroxyzine, Risperidone for a 17-year old boy who has Anxiety Disorder, Tourette Syndrome (1 hour ago)
- Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a 44-year old man who has Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner (2 hours ago)
- Maxalt for a 46-year old woman who has Migraine - Classic (2 hours ago)