Home > Remeron > Bad dreams > Remeron and Bad dreams
Review: could Remeron cause Bad dreams (Nightmares)?
We study 12,137 people who have side effects while taking Remeron from FDA and social media. Among them, 61 have Bad dreams. Find out below who they are, when they have Bad dreams and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Remeron and have Bad dreams >>>
Remeron (latest outcomes from 12,840 users) has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression.
Bad dreams (unpleasant dreams) (latest reports from 86,349 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 12,137 people reported to have side effects when taking Remeron. Among them, 61 people (0.50%) have Bad Dreams.
Time on Remeron when people have Bad dreams * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bad dreams||68.75%||18.75%||6.25%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.25% |
Gender of people who have Bad dreams when taking Remeron * :
|Bad dreams||77.61%||22.39% |
Age of people who have Bad dreams when taking Remeron * :
|Bad dreams||0.00%||0.00%||2.08%||2.08%||16.67%||8.33%||20.83%||50.00% |
Severity of Bad dreams when taking Remeron ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bad dreams||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bad dreams ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bad dreams||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (19 people, 31.15%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (9 people, 14.75%)
- Anxiety (7 people, 11.48%)
- Restless legs syndrome (6 people, 9.84%)
- Temporal lobe epilepsy (4 people, 6.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Wellbutrin (14 people, 22.95%)
- Neurontin (13 people, 21.31%)
- Paxil (11 people, 18.03%)
- Chantix (10 people, 16.39%)
- Aspirin (10 people, 16.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bad Dreams while taking Remeron?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Remeron and have Bad Dreams
- support group for people who take Remeron
- support group for people who have Bad Dreams
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What happens when mirtazapine 15mg is taken daily and smoking marijuana is also done
Mirtazapine started 4 days back 15 mg daily but smoking of marijuana continues. Person is adult, 27 years and frail.
- Can i take l-theanine if i am taking fluoxetine?
I went off Paxil about a year and a half ago. Ever sense I have had terrible trouble with anxiety and depression. Never feel myself. The Dr. gave me Fluoxetine 20mg and remeron 15mg. I have been on this for 9 months. No change.
I am litteraly at my wits end. Afraid to tell my children.
Would tak ...
- What are possible drug interactions?
Are there any known adverse drug interactions and/or side effects for the prescription drugs I am taking?
- Does flecainide cause bad dreams
I have been taking Flecainide for A.Fib and flutter for a year and a half and it is working extremely well in controlling those problems. However, I seem to have more bad dreams than before I started taking Flecainide. I am wondering if others have experienced the same problem. I also take metrp ...
- What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- Safe for sleep
is this for sleep? lots of side effects - has anyone used this. how about the next day, are you alert or how does this drug stay in the body and what are the effects.
- How likely is it that celexa will increase blood pressure?
I have been taking Remeron 15 mg for a few months and recently added 5 mg Celexa. My systolic blood pressure went up immediately; it had been mostly in the high 120's and now is 140+. Is this a coincidence, or could the Celexa be causing it?
- Can synthroid be taken with any of the drugs listed?
My mother takes 9 drugs one of which is Synthroid. We are trying to spread out the amount of pills taken daily (A.M Noon Evening and bedtime) so she isn't taking four or more at a time.
- Halcion causing vivid dreams and nightmares
initial hour of sleep was ok but i awoke to a bad dream, now upon closing my eyes the dreams become far more outrages, vivid and constantly appear in my minds eye. I am currently typing this to avoid sleeping.
- Does remeron cause dry skin
I have very dry skin which is exacerbated by mirtazapine. What are the best ways to prevent this symptom, or treat it while taking this drug, also known as remeron?
More questions for: Remeron, Bad dreams
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Ultracent caused nightmare
I had the worst nightmare I have had since I was a child. Probably the worst one I've had ever. I woke up crying and was thrashing around in my sleep. I'm currently to terrified to move from my bed. Just a fair warning.
- 91 year old when awaken in morning confused
91 year old with emphysema. Uses Nebulizer 3x daily, oxygen, zocor, levothyroid wakes up in morning increasingly confused. Clears during day.
- Pravastatin and bad dreams
Just resumed taking pravastatin alternate nights after gap of 6 weeks. Alternate nights and 6 week gap make more obvious that waking with headache, nausea and bad dream is caused by night before pravastatin pill. Only 10mg too!
I think headache causes bad dream. Bad dreams unusually persistent in m ...
More reviews for: Remeron, Bad dreams
On eHealthMe, Remeron (mirtazapine) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Remeron is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Remeron used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Remeron, Bad dreams
Recent Remeron related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Tofranil, Remeron for a 25-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Lithium Carbonate, Paxil, Remeron for a 57-year old woman who has Unipolar Depression
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Amoxapine, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Imipramine Hydrochloride for a 32-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Remeron, Concerta for a 26-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Remeron for a 61-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 38-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Pristiq, Latuda, Remeron for a 68-year old man who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 52-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Amlodipine, Losartan, Mirtazapine, Loratadine for a 58-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Folic Acid, Synthroid, Dilaudid, Depakote, Mirtazapine for a 37-year old woman who has Back Injury
More related comparison studies for: Remeron, Bad dreams
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.