Home > Remeron > Migraine > Remeron and Migraine
Review: could Remeron cause Migraine?
Summary: Migraine is found among people who take Remeron, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Nexium, and have Pain.
We study 12,137 people who have side effects while taking Remeron from FDA and social media. Among them, 113 have Migraine. Find out below who they are, when they have Migraine and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Remeron and have Migraine >>>
Remeron (latest outcomes from 12,841 users) has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression.
Migraine (headache) (latest reports from 173,300 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 12,137 people reported to have side effects when taking Remeron. Among them, 121 people (1.00%) have Migraine.
Time on Remeron when people have Migraine * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Migraine when taking Remeron * :
Age of people who have Migraine when taking Remeron * :
Severity of Migraine when taking Remeron ** :
How people recovered from Migraine ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (34 people, 28.10%)
- Depression (16 people, 13.22%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (15 people, 12.40%)
- Anxiety (9 people, 7.44%)
- Migraine (8 people, 6.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (48 people, 39.67%)
- Neurontin (46 people, 38.02%)
- Seroquel (39 people, 32.23%)
- Oxycontin (38 people, 31.40%)
- Ativan (38 people, 31.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Migraine while taking Remeron?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Remeron and have Migraine
- support group for people who take Remeron
- support group for people who have Migraine
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What happens when mirtazapine 15mg is taken daily and smoking marijuana is also done
(Asked by a 58 year old man who has Apathy, and takes Mirtazapine)
Mirtazapine started 4 days back 15 mg daily but smoking of marijuana continues. Person is adult, 27 years and frail.
- Can i take l-theanine if i am taking fluoxetine?
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, and takes Fluoxetine)
I went off Paxil about a year and a half ago. Ever sense I have had terrible trouble with anxiety and depression. Never feel myself. The Dr. gave me Fluoxetine 20mg and remeron 15mg. I have been on this for 9 months. No change.
I am litteraly at my wits end. Afraid to tell my children.
Would tak ...
- What are possible drug interactions?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who takes Prilosec Otc, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Remeron)
Are there any known adverse drug interactions and/or side effects for the prescription drugs I am taking?
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Spondylosis, Autoimmune Disorder, Asthma Late Onset, Migraine, Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Facet Joint Syndrome, Sacroiliitis, Diverticulosis, PTSD, IBS, Traumatic Brain Injury, Pelvic Congestion, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Maxalt, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Oxycontin, Alvesco, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- What medications cause hair loss
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Hair Loss, and takes Gabapentin, Lisinopril, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ambien Cr, Multivitamin, Acebutolol Hydrochloride, Lorazepam, Omeprazole, Magnesium, Vitamin D, Remeron)
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
More questions for: Remeron, Migraine
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Imetrix verses butalb/acet/caffeine
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Migraines, and takes Imitrex)
I have taken both Imitrex and Butalb/acet/caffeine and I have to say that Imitrex works far better than the other one! The substitute I was given for Imitrex doesn't even touch my migraine pain.
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar 2, and takes Mirtazapine, Implanon, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta)
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Meniere's Disease, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Migraines, and takes Fexofenadine Hydrochloride)
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has False Positive Drug Test While On Probation Or Parole, and takes Sonata, Lunesta, Diazepam, Prozac, Lexapro, Ambien, Remeron )
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
- Review: could lyrica cause intracranial pressure increased?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has History Of Concussions, Migraines, Neuropathy, and takes Lyrica)
One dose (75mg) caused severe head pain (increased intracranial pressure) and nausea.
More reviews for: Remeron, Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Myrbetriq, Pradaxa, Mirtazapine, Lipitor, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Calcium, Namenda Xr, Exelon for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Depression - Elderly, Lower Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis And Aging, Senile Dementia. The patient has Confusional State
Comments: My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Pristiq, Mirtazapine for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression. The patient has Drug Screen False Positive
Comments: Recently went in to treatment to get off of a hydrocodone addiction following neck surgery. The doctor staryed me on suboxone. This is the second time i was treated for this because i have been on a pain management program for neck problems. The dr drug screens me everytime i go there. While in ...
- A study of side effects of Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Migraine (headache)
Comments: was recently in-between insurance so went off diltiazem for high blood pressure for one month...persistent (bordering on chronic) migraine headaches dissipated after approx one week off medication and continued migraine free until restarted regular full dose diltiazem (120 mg 2x daily) after 6 weeks ...
- A study of side effects of Pulmicort Flexhaler for a patient with Sinusitis. The patient has Migraine (headache)
Comments: I have had 2 sinus surgeries over the years. My first was at age 19. My 2nd was 3 years ago. I have been on pulmicort ever since. I am trying to wean myself off of it but am dealing with headaches. My doctor says my sinuses are clear. The pulmicort nasal spray makes me feel very emotional. I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
More related studies for: Remeron, Migraine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Ketotifen Fumarate
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy
- Can drinking tea few days after having a depo provera shot lessen the effectivity of contraception?
Interaction of drinking tea 3 days after having depo-prove ... (44 minutes ago)
- People with statin drug damage
Answer: I stopped statins months ago. My fancy cardiologist did no ... (2 hours ago)
- Do others have nasal congestion from the drug
i especially notice these symptoms after eating a meal ... (3 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (15 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (20 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Alfuzosin Hydrochloride for a 84-year old man who has Large Prostate (3 minutes ago)
- Lisinopril, Flunisolide, Ibuprofen, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Ketotifen Fumarate, Lamotrigine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 43-year old man who has Hypertension, Rhinitis, Pain, Conjunctivitis, Depression, Insomnia, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (14 minutes ago)
- Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Losartan Potassium, Co-codamol for a 76-year old woman who has Coeliac Diarrohea, Not Sure, Don't Know, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis (33 minutes ago)