Review: could Remeron cause Muscle twitching?
Summary: Muscle twitching is found among people who take Remeron, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Neurontin, and have Pain.
We study 12,146 people who have side effects while taking Remeron from FDA and social media. Among them, 52 have Muscle twitching. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle twitching and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Remeron and have Muscle twitching >>>
Remeron has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 12,850 Remeron users)
Muscle twitching has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 11,065 Muscle twitching patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 12,142 people reported to have side effects when taking Remeron. Among them, 52 people (0.43%) have Muscle Twitching.
Time on Remeron when people have Muscle twitching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle twitching||33.33%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Remeron * :
|Muscle twitching||43.40%||56.60% |
Age of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Remeron * :
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||0.00%||2.17%||4.35%||8.70%||30.43%||30.43%||23.91% |
Severity of Muscle twitching when taking Remeron ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle twitching||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle twitching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle twitching||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (9 people, 17.31%)
- Depression (8 people, 15.38%)
- Hepatitis c (7 people, 13.46%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (5 people, 9.62%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (13 people, 25.00%)
- Celexa (12 people, 23.08%)
- Zoloft (11 people, 21.15%)
- Lasix (10 people, 19.23%)
- Aspirin (10 people, 19.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of remeron and muscle twitching on
Do you have Muscle Twitching while taking Remeron?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Remeron and have Muscle Twitching
- support group for people who take Remeron
- support group for people who have Muscle Twitching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Mirtazapine, Alfuzosin Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Warfarin Sodium, Vicodin, Lipitor for a 61-year old man with Depression, Biopsy Prostate, Anxiety, Afib, Sleep Disorder, Pain, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neuropathy
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a 40-year old woman with Chronic Depression. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Acetylsalicylic Acid, Simvastatin, Mirtazapine, Amlodipine, Bisoprolol Fumarate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 56-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Heart Failure.
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a 91-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Diflucan, Lexapro for a 45-year old woman with Yeast Infection - Vagina, Anxiety. The patient has Muscle Twitching
Recent Remeron related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Fentanyl-75 for a 62-year old woman who has Generalised Torsion Dystonia Pain Relief
- Comparions of Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Mirtazapine, Sertraline for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Panic Attacks, Anxiety,
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Buspar, Celexa, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.