Remeron and Poisoning - from FDA reports
Poisoning is found among people who take Remeron, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lorazepam, and have Hiv infection. This review analyzes which people have Poisoning with Remeron. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,658 people who have side effects when taking Remeron from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
16,658 people reported to have side effects when taking Remeron.
Among them, 37 people (0.22%) have Poisoning
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Remeron when people have Poisoning *:
- < 1 month: 96.15 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.85 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Poisoning when taking Remeron *:
- female: 42.86 %
- male: 57.14 %
Age of people who have Poisoning when taking Remeron *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.88 %
- 20-29: 8.82 %
- 30-39: 23.53 %
- 40-49: 20.59 %
- 50-59: 29.41 %
- 60+: 11.76 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Mood Swings (2 people, 5.41%)
- Hiv Infection (2 people, 5.41%)
- Hypertonia (1 person, 2.70%)
- Agoraphobia (1 person, 2.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lorazepam (6 people, 16.22%)
- Alcohol (5 people, 13.51%)
- Sustiva (3 people, 8.11%)
- Ibuprofen (3 people, 8.11%)
- Effexor (3 people, 8.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Suicide Attempt (26 people, 70.27%)
- Multiple Drug Overdose Intentional (12 people, 32.43%)
- Drowsiness (11 people, 29.73%)
- Consciousness - Decreased (11 people, 29.73%)
- Electrocardiogram Qt Prolonged (10 people, 27.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Poisoning when taking Remeron?
- Check symptoms - is poisoning caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPoisoning and drugs with ingredients of mirtazapine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePoisoning and Remeron from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Remeron has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Remeron 17,911 users)
Poisoning has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, suicide attempt, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 8,115 Poisoning patients).
Browse all side effects of Remerona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with PoisoningPoisoning
Could your condition cause PoisoningPoisoning
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I'm on 30mg of Remeron per day. I'm experiencing very unacceptable bloating, swelling and I guess it's water retention. Can my pcp or shrink prescribe anything for this? I was thinking of asking to have the Remeron dosage raised to the max. which I gather is: 45mg because I've experienced a ...
My son and I have not had an easy life so the last thing i want to do is have him on medication that could harm him. I have MS, so i am concerned, given my medical history. I just want him to happy and healthy again. It has been ongoing for years, and he is 15 now. on depakote and remeron for 3 ...
User reviews to the study
I am prescribed remeron , 30mg , for depression , but i take half of it before going to bed ...a lot of sweat , half asleep , headaches in the morning..have tried in the morning , but to agitated , irritable..any experience ?
I take 45mg mertazapine and 10 mg montelukast at night and have really vivid dreams, when i wake up in the morning its not a gradual wake up, more like a shock and sometimes im even shaking, it takes me some time to come around in the mornings trying to get the dreams in perspective with ...