Home > Remeron > Restless legs syndrome > Remeron and Restless legs syndrome
Review: could Remeron cause Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)?
Summary: Restless legs syndrome is found among people who take Remeron, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Insomnia.
We study 12,137 people who have side effects while taking Remeron from FDA and social media. Among them, 53 have Restless legs syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Remeron and have Restless legs syndrome >>>
Remeron (latest outcomes from 12,841 users) has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression.
Restless legs syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) (latest reports from 16,008 patients) has been reported by people with restless leg syndrome, osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 12,137 people reported to have side effects when taking Remeron. Among them, 53 people (0.44%) have Restless Legs Syndrome.
Time on Remeron when people have Restless legs syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs syndrome||70.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Remeron * :
|Restless legs syndrome||53.12%||46.88% |
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Remeron * :
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.79%||14.29%||30.36%||14.29%||39.29% |
Severity of Restless legs syndrome when taking Remeron ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless legs syndrome||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Restless legs syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (13 people, 24.53%)
- Pain (13 people, 24.53%)
- Anxiety (12 people, 22.64%)
- Depression (12 people, 22.64%)
- Diabetes mellitus (10 people, 18.87%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (26 people, 49.06%)
- Zyprexa (19 people, 35.85%)
- Nexium (16 people, 30.19%)
- Prilosec (16 people, 30.19%)
- Protonix (16 people, 30.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Legs Syndrome while taking Remeron?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Remeron and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- support group for people who take Remeron
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- What happens when mirtazapine 15mg is taken daily and smoking marijuana is also done
(Asked by a 58 year old man who has Apathy, and takes Mirtazapine)
Mirtazapine started 4 days back 15 mg daily but smoking of marijuana continues. Person is adult, 27 years and frail.
- My sister has a past addiction to morphine. is solonpas addictive?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Arthritis In Lower Back, Mild Brain Damage From Suicide Attempt, PTSD)
I take of my baby sister, because in 2010 she tried to take her life with drugs, alcohol and. Cocaine. She complains of pain in her lower back, due to an injury in 1998, which led to surgery, which led to her addictiction to Morphine. She was diagnosed with Arthritis in her back where she had surger ...
- Can i take l-theanine if i am taking fluoxetine?
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, and takes Fluoxetine)
I went off Paxil about a year and a half ago. Ever sense I have had terrible trouble with anxiety and depression. Never feel myself. The Dr. gave me Fluoxetine 20mg and remeron 15mg. I have been on this for 9 months. No change.
I am litteraly at my wits end. Afraid to tell my children.
Would tak ...
More questions for: Remeron, Restless legs syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar 2, and takes Mirtazapine, Implanon, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta)
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has False Positive Drug Test While On Probation Or Parole, and takes Sonata, Lunesta, Diazepam, Prozac, Lexapro, Ambien, Remeron )
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Congenital Scoliosis, Claustrophobia, Flashbacks And Nightmares, Anxiety Disorder, Restless Legs Syndrome, Depression, and takes Mobic, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Diazepam, Valproate Sodium, Pristiq )
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
- Flatulence, lactose intolerance, and clonazapam
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Major Depressive Disorder, Restless Leg Syndrome, Lactose Intolerance)
After taking my first dose of Clonazapam, it seemed my lactose intolerance flared up for 24 hours or more. Flatulence all through the period and watery stool in the morning. Does anyone else find their lactose intolerance triggered by the lactose in Clonazapam?
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
More reviews for: Remeron, Restless legs syndrome
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of drug interactions between Myrbetriq, Pradaxa, Mirtazapine, Lipitor, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Calcium, Namenda Xr, Exelon for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Depression - Elderly, Lower Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis And Aging, Senile Dementia. The patient has Confusional State
Comments: My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Pristiq, Mirtazapine for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression. The patient has Drug Screen False Positive
Comments: Recently went in to treatment to get off of a hydrocodone addiction following neck surgery. The doctor staryed me on suboxone. This is the second time i was treated for this because i have been on a pain management program for neck problems. The dr drug screens me everytime i go there. While in ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Remeron, Lunesta, Neurontin, Phenergan, Norco, Baclofen, Bactrim Ds, Cymbalta for a patient with PTSD, Insomnia, Post Herpetic Neuralgia, Nausea And Vomiting, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Muscle Spasticity, Mrsa Infection, Depression. The patient has Pain Of Skin, Fever, Blisters
Comments: Was diagnosed with MRSA following neck surgery. I had been on vancomycin 2g twice a day via IV. My trough levels were not reaching "therapeutic" levels so I was switched to Bactrim DS in late July. Wound is still open and painful. About three days ago I noticed blisters on my chest. I had shingles t ...
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a patient with Depression. The patient has Red Face (a sudden reddening of the face, neck)
Comments: i have a hot face on a daily basis, and i get hot flushes on a daily basis since march 2014. i have noticed mild flushing before that when i started taking it 2 years ago but its only gotten bad since march 2014
More related studies for: Remeron, Restless legs syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Can nuvigil (vs adderall) be used simultaneously to help wean off 60mg/day of adderall?
I have been on Adderall 30mg 2x daily for years!! I've had ... (22 minutes ago)
- Is ibuprofen safe to use if i have retinitis pigmentosa?
I have bulging disc pain that I use Ibuprofen for. I can b ... (2 hours ago)
- Is it ok to take celebrex while on dexilant?
I'm required to take Dexilant for one month and I suddenly ... (7 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (11 hours ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (1 day ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydrochlorothiazide, Aspirin, Albuterol, Lipitor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Metformin for a 54-year old man who has High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Asthma Late Onset, Hypercholesterolaemia, Heart Attack, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Diabetes (6 minutes ago)
- Plan B One-step for a 18-year old girl who has Unprotected Sex (27 minutes ago)
- Compare Trazodone Hydrochloride and Topamax and Xanax and Nuvigil and Adderall 30 for a 34-year old woman (1 hour ago)