Home > Remicade > Acute psychosis > Remicade and Acute psychosis
Review: could Remicade cause Acute psychosis?
We study 85,082 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Acute psychosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Acute psychosis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Remicade and have Acute psychosis >>>
Remicade (latest outcomes from 85,486 users) has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease.
Acute psychosis (period of mentally unstable behaviour) (latest reports from 5,186 patients) has been reported by people with depression, schizophrenia, pain, psychotic disorder, hiv infection.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 85,073 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 3 people (0.00%) have Acute Psychosis.
Time on Remicade when people have Acute psychosis * :
Gender of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Remicade * :
|Acute psychosis||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Remicade * :
|Acute psychosis||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Acute psychosis when taking Remicade ** :
How people recovered from Acute psychosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sedation (2 people, 66.67%)
- Crohn's disease (2 people, 66.67%)
- Contraception (1 people, 33.33%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 33.33%)
- Colitis ulcerative (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Asacol (2 people, 66.67%)
- Acetaminophen (2 people, 66.67%)
- Propofol (2 people, 66.67%)
- Alfentanil (2 people, 66.67%)
- Mercaptopurine (2 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acute Psychosis while taking Remicade?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Remicade and have Acute Psychosis
- support group for people who take Remicade
- support group for people who have Acute Psychosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How do i at least try to get the psychiatrist doing my follow up assessment to consider the possibility that the mirena iud was the cause of the acute psychosis i experienced?
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Acute Psychosis, Mental Status Changes, Sleep Disorder, and takes Mirena)
I had a Mirena IUD inserted on December 9th. Insertion was fine (but I think I have a pretty high tolerance for pain); but things started going downhill fast. On December 15th I had a blackout drunken episode and in January I had two puffs of a marijuna joint and believe I went briefly Psycotic. ...
- Is it safe to take pravastin while on remicade?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Remicade, Pravastatin Sodium, Zoloft, Synthroid)
I have just started on Remicade and this drug scares the heck out of me! However it is being used as a last resort as no other medications were bring my ulcerative colitis under control I am very concerned about drug interactions and can't seem to get any straight answers from my doctor or the pha ...
- Remicade or ulcerative colitis causing joint pain?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Remicade, Mesalamine, Purinethol)
Im also on mesalamine, 6 mp and trazadone. Ive had joint pain in elbow before but i realised it was caused by taking cortenema. I stoped the med and pain went away. After my first infusion of remicade (2days) i started with the knee, ankle, elbows , wrists and hands pain. The more i do. The worst ...
- I am experiencing myelodysplastic syndrome symptoms but it is said that it doesn't typically get diagnosed for people my age. although everything is spot on and i need to know whats wrong.
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Crohns Disease, and takes Remicade)
I have been doing remicade treatments for about four years now. Lately I have gotten a UTI, an I get random bruises every single day, I also get super tired, my body aches, and I get fevers for hours on end without them breaking. I have no idea whats wrong because this has never happened before but ...
- Does anyone know how to treat a swollen foot?
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Remicade)
I have been on Remicade for 6 months and I am now i am thinking i am having side effects from this drug! My left foot swollen and very painful. Has anyone experienced any side effects like this?
More questions for: Remicade, Acute psychosis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I got acute psychosis from 60mg oxycontin
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Acute Psychosis, and takes Oxycontin)
I hate the new oxys with glue! Thanks to big brother! I got off 25 mg of methadone after 2 years and took oxys for two days then took subutex and was fine. then a few days later I took oxys for ten days straight and when I got off I was in psychosis for 3 weeks and ended up in three mental hospitals ...
More reviews for: Remicade, Acute psychosis
- A study of drug interactions between Methotrexate, Remicade for a patient with Anterior Uveitis. The patient has
Comments: Took 5 mg remicade intravenous every 4 weeks. In year 2007 to 2008
After 2 months 25 mg injection of methotrexate weekly added with the continuation of the remicade infusions
Do not have autoimmune condition
I am immune deficient present. Developed 2 melanomas during treatment left leg du ...
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Lamictal, Sulfasalazine, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Wellbutrin Xl, Remicade, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Ankylosing Spondylitis, Depression, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Potential Crohn's Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Insomnia. The patient has
Comments: Ever since I started Remicade, I am responding differently to my sleep aid medications.
Trazodone is still effective at helping me fall asleep, but I sleep for a VERY long time, 12+ hours, and it is extremely difficult to wake up.
Lunesta, which has always been effective for me, does not work ...
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Low Blood Sugar (low blood sugar cause seizures)
Comments: I had my Remicade infusion (it also includes a corticosteroid - not sure of the name) on Tuesday. Same dosage as normal. Previous reaction to infusion 4 mos prior due to Benadryl, which was removed from the infusion thereafter. Doc prescribed 3000 unit Vitamin D.
On Tuesday, I ate normally. At abo ...
More related studies for: Remicade, Acute psychosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.