Home > Remicade > Acute psychosis > Remicade and Acute psychosis
Review: could Remicade cause Acute psychosis?
We study 85,073 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Acute psychosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Acute psychosis and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Remicade and have Acute psychosis >>>
Remicade (latest outcomes from 85,475 users) has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease.
Acute psychosis (period of mentally unstable behaviour) (latest reports from 5,180 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, schizophrenia, psychotic disorder, hiv infection.
On Sep, 19, 2014: 85,067 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 3 people (0.00%) have Acute Psychosis.
Time on Remicade when people have Acute psychosis * :
Gender of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Remicade * :
|Acute psychosis||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Remicade * :
|Acute psychosis||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Acute psychosis when taking Remicade ** :
How people recovered from Acute psychosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sedation (2 people, 66.67%)
- Crohn's disease (2 people, 66.67%)
- Contraception (1 people, 33.33%)
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 33.33%)
- Colitis ulcerative (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Asacol (2 people, 66.67%)
- Acetaminophen (2 people, 66.67%)
- Propofol (2 people, 66.67%)
- Alfentanil (2 people, 66.67%)
- Mercaptopurine (2 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acute Psychosis while taking Remicade?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Remicade and have Acute Psychosis
- group for people who take Remicade
- group for people who have Acute Psychosis
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 days ago):
Acne isn't severe in that it is vast, but what I do get is large spots that resemble whiteheads, but deep beneath the surface. They stick around for months without ever changing or coming to a head. Sometimes they itch.
My idea of severe weight gain: 25lbs in 6 weeks.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
breast cancer tumor removed just prior to Remicade start. Desipramine possible cause of new breast lump (not yet diagnosed).
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Extended remicade every 2 months now 5 vials. Had me stop methetrexate liver enlarged.
Over due for remicade infusion and experiencing extreme
Fatigue, loss appetite, slept 4days didn't eat or drink or wake up confused state of mind.
Went to emergency did X-rays, cat scan, stomache and head. Said I have fluid in stomach, toxins and gas. No biopsy done but diagnosed it as cirrhosis of the liver. I did in past drink a lot of
Light beer but wean off per dr instructions.
They put me on oxygen at home, still very fatigued, extreme pain in joints and stomache, now when I sleep I have FOAM bubbling from mouth.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Remicade, Acute psychosis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I got acute psychosis from 60mg oxycontin
I hate the new oxys with glue! Thanks to big brother! I got off 25 mg of methadone after 2 years and took oxys for two days then took subutex and was fine. then a few days later I took oxys for ten days straight and when I got off I was in psychosis for 3 weeks and ended up in three mental hospitals ...
More reviews for: Remicade, Acute psychosis
On eHealthMe, Remicade (infliximab) is often used for crohn's disease. Find out below the conditions Remicade is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Remicade used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Metformin for a 40-year old man who has Diabetic Nephropathy (8 seconds ago)
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (4 minutes ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (9 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (10 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (59 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (1 hour ago)
- Glomerulonephritis Pulmonary Hemorrhage