Home > Remicade > Anaphylactic shock > Remicade and Anaphylactic shock
Review: could Remicade cause Anaphylactic shock (Anaphylaxis)?
We study 85,082 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 732 have Anaphylactic shock. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylactic shock and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Remicade and have Anaphylactic shock >>>
Remicade (latest outcomes from 85,483 users) has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease.
Anaphylactic shock (severe and rapid and sometimes fatal hypersensitivity reaction to a substance) (latest reports from 109,223 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 85,073 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 732 people (0.86%) have Anaphylactic Shock.
Time on Remicade when people have Anaphylactic shock * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Anaphylactic shock||63.72%||12.56%||6.05%||9.77%||6.98%||0.93%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Anaphylactic shock when taking Remicade * :
|Anaphylactic shock||61.95%||38.05% |
Age of people who have Anaphylactic shock when taking Remicade * :
|Anaphylactic shock||0.00%||8.00%||22.49%||13.94%||16.94%||9.98%||14.89%||13.78% |
Severity of Anaphylactic shock when taking Remicade ** :
How people recovered from Anaphylactic shock ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (545 people, 74.45%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (284 people, 38.80%)
- Psoriasis (84 people, 11.48%)
- Colitis ulcerative (77 people, 10.52%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (74 people, 10.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (284 people, 38.80%)
- Prednisolone (148 people, 20.22%)
- Prednisone (114 people, 15.57%)
- Pentasa (113 people, 15.44%)
- Folic acid (92 people, 12.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylactic Shock while taking Remicade?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Remicade and have Anaphylactic Shock
- support group for people who take Remicade
- support group for people who have Anaphylactic Shock
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Seizure after an epipen injection
I am allergic to EVERYTHING, so I usually pre-game with benadryl and wait out the uncomfortable side effects, but this time my tongue started swelling up and I was having trouble breathing so I went to an ER. About 5-7 minutes after they injected me in the thigh with an epipen, I was in mid sentence ...
- Is it safe to take pravastin while on remicade?
I have just started on Remicade and this drug scares the heck out of me! However it is being used as a last resort as no other medications were bring my ulcerative colitis under control I am very concerned about drug interactions and can't seem to get any straight answers from my doctor or the pha ...
- Can thyroid problems bring on anaphylaxis often?
70 yr old previously stong female: Suspicious of thyroid problems...family history. Fatigue, skin, hair changes, slightly swollen, tender tongue at all times. In the last 6 months I've developed food related anaphalaxis. Getting serious, 3 E.R. runs in last 3 months....packing 2 epipens at all tim ...
More questions for: Remicade, Anaphylactic shock
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Happened to me- allergic reaction to rogaine
Within the first week of usage, I began to have leg cramps, facial swelling, tightness of breath, chest pain, anxiety, and chronic headaches. Even with allergy medicines and aspirin, nothing seemed to help. At first, I felt it was though it was just simple allergies until I woke up one morning with ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
- Anaphylactic shock from fish oil
Yes I went into Anaphylactic shock after taking fish oil. It was just a matter of a few minutes when my hands and feet started itching and then my throat closed up. I could not breathe and 911 was called. I spent 4 nights in the hospital, the first 24 hours vomiting and loose bowels. It was the ...
More reviews for: Remicade, Anaphylactic shock
On eHealthMe, Remicade (infliximab) is often used for crohn's disease. Find out below the conditions Remicade is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Remicade used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Remicade, Anaphylactic shock
Recent Remicade related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Remicade, Anaphylactic shock
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (9 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (20 minutes ago)
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
- Vomiting and Vyvanse
- Vomiting and Add
- Vomiting and Escitalopram
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (11 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (22 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (7 hours ago)
- Beta 2 Microglobulin Abnormal
- Pramipexole Dihydrochloride
- American Mullein
- Subdural Haematoma