Home > Remicade > Back pain > Remicade and Back pain
Review: could Remicade cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Remicade, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 85,082 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,331 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Remicade and have Back pain >>>
Remicade (latest outcomes from 85,486 users) has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease.
Back pain (latest reports from 676,532 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 85,073 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 1,331 people (1.56%) have Back Pain.
Time on Remicade when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||68.91%||13.45%||3.92%||7.84%||3.92%||1.68%||0.28% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Remicade * :
|Back pain||72.55%||27.45% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Remicade * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.06%||4.38%||10.60%||10.32%||20.92%||19.87%||33.85% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Remicade ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Back pain||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (796 people, 59.80%)
- Crohn's disease (707 people, 53.12%)
- Colitis ulcerative (185 people, 13.90%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (122 people, 9.17%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (113 people, 8.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (606 people, 45.53%)
- Prednisone (405 people, 30.43%)
- Folic acid (259 people, 19.46%)
- Benadryl (223 people, 16.75%)
- Prednisone tab (192 people, 14.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Back Pain while taking Remicade?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Remicade and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Remicade
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will taking simvistatin for dyslipidemia for 5 yrs cause my liver to ache/hurt?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Back Pain, Side Pain, and takes Simvastatin)
Been taking simvastatin for about 5 yrs, but in the last 2-3 months have been experiencing ache and sometimes pain from my lower right front emanating around my right side and into my lower back, I have been tested for a possible urinary tract infection that came in negative, doctors are unsure of w ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Had a bloody ejaculate twice lately. only blood. can it be related to cialis and/or ibuprofen?
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Back Pain, and takes Ibuprofen, Cialis)
last two ejaculations a week apart resulted in all blood ejaculate. Dark old looking blood, not bright red & fresh. No semen.
Gonna tell my doctor soon. What should I be concerned about. Could it be ralated to ibuprofen or cialis usage?
i dont have any known predisposing conditions.
- How do u up your dose of msir safely?
(Asked by a 28 year old man who has Back Pain, and takes Morphine)
I've been on 60 mg a day and would like to go up, but I don't want to just take another 30 mg at once, should I go slowly and cut a pill into qtrs? Or what? I take two 30s a day.
- Is it safe to take pravastin while on remicade?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Remicade, Pravastatin Sodium, Zoloft, Synthroid)
I have just started on Remicade and this drug scares the heck out of me! However it is being used as a last resort as no other medications were bring my ulcerative colitis under control I am very concerned about drug interactions and can't seem to get any straight answers from my doctor or the pha ...
More questions for: Remicade, Back pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Naproxin reaction severe
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Back Pain)
My partner was given Naproxin for back pain, after taking the reccommended dose of 2 per day for about 10 days he had a severe reaction. It started off with what looked like insect bites on his torso and arms, within half an hour, these had turned into huge welps that were blending together, He look ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
More reviews for: Remicade, Back pain
- A study of side effects of Guaifenesin for a patient with Cleft Sinus. The patient has Dry Mouth, Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears), Back Pain
Comments: causes acute thirst and dehydration symptoms that I treat with water and ice between water intake. I have had a bout with a bulging disc in the past but this was quite different. I wasn't having any of these symptoms. I was very really good except I was having this drainage to my throat and ears. Wh ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methotrexate, Remicade for a patient with Anterior Uveitis. The patient has
Comments: Took 5 mg remicade intravenous every 4 weeks. In year 2007 to 2008
After 2 months 25 mg injection of methotrexate weekly added with the continuation of the remicade infusions
Do not have autoimmune condition
I am immune deficient present. Developed 2 melanomas during treatment left leg du ...
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Lamictal, Sulfasalazine, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Wellbutrin Xl, Remicade, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Ankylosing Spondylitis, Depression, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Potential Crohn's Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Insomnia. The patient has
Comments: Ever since I started Remicade, I am responding differently to my sleep aid medications.
Trazodone is still effective at helping me fall asleep, but I sleep for a VERY long time, 12+ hours, and it is extremely difficult to wake up.
Lunesta, which has always been effective for me, does not work ...
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Shoulder Pain, Neck Pain, Back Pain
Comments: My daughter is 15 years old and woke up on March 28, 2013 with terrible back pain. There were no injuries or accidents to explain this. She had never suffered with pain like this before and it literally happened overnight! It has been 74 days now. Her doctor increased her prozac from 20 to 30 mg ...
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Fish Oil, Calcium, Multivitamin, Lisinopril, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a patient with Preventive Health Care, High Blood Pressure, Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Back Pain, Stomach Tenderness, Diarrhea
Comments: I was diagnosed with Stage 1 endometrial cancer AND stage 1 ovarian cancer. They removed uterus and ovaries which threw me into surgical menopause. Felt constantly anxious and hated it. So started on Citalopram 4 months ago. Finally felt like my old optimistic self. This was a miracle drug for m ...
More related studies for: Remicade, Back pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.