Review: could Remicade cause Chest wall pain?
Summary: Chest wall pain is found among people who take Remicade, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 85,085 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Chest wall pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest wall pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Remicade and have Chest wall pain >>>
Remicade has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from Remicade 85,488 users)
Chest wall pain
Chest wall pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression.(latest reports from Chest wall pain 1,061 patients)
On Dec, 6, 2014: 85,085 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 25 people (0.03%) have Chest Wall Pain.
Time on Remicade when people have Chest wall pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest wall pain||83.33%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Chest wall pain when taking Remicade * :
|Chest wall pain||71.88%||28.12% |
Age of people who have Chest wall pain when taking Remicade * :
|Chest wall pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.00%||4.00%||12.00%||52.00%||28.00% |
Severity of Chest wall pain when taking Remicade ** :
How people recovered from Chest wall pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (12 people, 48.00%)
- Arthritis (4 people, 16.00%)
- Crohn's disease (3 people, 12.00%)
- Psoriasis (1 people, 4.00%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (1 people, 4.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (15 people, 60.00%)
- Folic acid (13 people, 52.00%)
- Methotrexate (11 people, 44.00%)
- Arava (10 people, 40.00%)
- Actonel (9 people, 36.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chest Wall Pain while taking Remicade?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Remicade and have Chest Wall Pain
- support group for people who take Remicade
- support group for people who have Chest Wall Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What are the symptoms of withdraw from depo estrace injections
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Chest Wall Pain, Confusion, and takes Depo-estradiol)
I want to know what kind of withdraw effects to expect with this drug. Been on it awhile and think I need to get off.
- Is it safe to take pravastin while on remicade?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Remicade, Pravastatin Sodium, Zoloft, Synthroid)
I have just started on Remicade and this drug scares the heck out of me! However it is being used as a last resort as no other medications were bring my ulcerative colitis under control I am very concerned about drug interactions and can't seem to get any straight answers from my doctor or the pha ...
- Remicade or ulcerative colitis causing joint pain?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Remicade, Mesalamine, Purinethol)
Im also on mesalamine, 6 mp and trazadone. Ive had joint pain in elbow before but i realised it was caused by taking cortenema. I stoped the med and pain went away. After my first infusion of remicade (2days) i started with the knee, ankle, elbows , wrists and hands pain. The more i do. The worst ...
- I am experiencing myelodysplastic syndrome symptoms but it is said that it doesn't typically get diagnosed for people my age. although everything is spot on and i need to know whats wrong.
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Crohns Disease, and takes Remicade)
I have been doing remicade treatments for about four years now. Lately I have gotten a UTI, an I get random bruises every single day, I also get super tired, my body aches, and I get fevers for hours on end without them breaking. I have no idea whats wrong because this has never happened before but ...
- Does anyone know how to treat a swollen foot? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Remicade)
I have been on Remicade for 6 months and I am now i am thinking i am having side effects from this drug! My left foot swollen and very painful. Has anyone experienced any side effects like this?
More questions for: Remicade, Chest wall pain
More reviews for: Remicade, Chest wall pain
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (nerve compression at wrist results numbness weakness, pain , swelling)
Comments: I started remicade infusions on 9/30/14, the next day my wrist began to hurt; the following day the pain became unbearable. I have never had any problems with carpal tunnel in the past. Is this caused by the remicade infusion.
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Weight Gain, Acne (skin problems that cause pimples)
Comments: Acne isn't severe in that it is vast, but what I do get is large spots that resemble whiteheads, but deep beneath the surface. They stick around for months without ever changing or coming to a head. Sometimes they itch.
My idea of severe weight gain: 25lbs in 6 weeks.
- A study of drug interactions between Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Spironolactone, Lorazepam, Sertraline, Methotrexate, Remicade for a patient with Potassium - Low, Pain - Bones, Fluid In The Chest, Anxiety, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Enlarged Liver, Guttate Psoriasis, Arthritis - Psoriatic
Comments: Extended remicade every 2 months now 5 vials. Had me stop methetrexate liver enlarged.
Over due for remicade infusion and experiencing extreme
Fatigue, loss appetite, slept 4days didn't eat or drink or wake up confused state of mind.
Went to emergency did X-rays, cat scan, stomache and head. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vagifem, Myrbetriq, Diflunisal, Premarin, Adderall 20, Levothyroxine Sodium, Methotrexate, Remicade for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Arthritis - Psoriatic, Hormone Level Abnormal, Ptsd, Hypothyroidism, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Overactive Bladder
Comments: I have exhausted all drug options for overactive bladder due to "resistance." Including Botox injections that had moderate results but only lasted almost two months. Also, every injection was painfully felt although I was prepped with a pain minimizing treatment. I am searching for help if any of m ...
More related studies for: Remicade, Chest wall pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.