Review: could Remicade cause Chronic fatigue syndrome?
Summary: Chronic fatigue syndrome is found among people who take Remicade, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Hibiclens, and have Folliculitis.
We study 85,085 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 20 have Chronic fatigue syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Chronic fatigue syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Remicade and have Chronic fatigue syndrome >>>
Remicade has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from Remicade 85,488 users)
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Chronic fatigue syndrome (disorder that causes extreme fatigue) has been reported by people with acne, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain.(latest reports from Chronic fatigue syndrome 2,051 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 85,082 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 20 people (0.02%) have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Time on Remicade when people have Chronic fatigue syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Remicade * :
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||71.43%||28.57% |
Age of people who have Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Remicade * :
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||5.56%||50.00%||27.78%||11.11%||0.00%||5.56% |
Severity of Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Remicade ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chronic fatigue syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Folliculitis (11 people, 55.00%)
- Acne (9 people, 45.00%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (5 people, 25.00%)
- Psoriasis (5 people, 25.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (3 people, 15.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Hibiclens (11 people, 55.00%)
- Ortho tri-cyclen (11 people, 55.00%)
- Keflex (11 people, 55.00%)
- Accutane (11 people, 55.00%)
- Prednisone (7 people, 35.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome while taking Remicade?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Remicade and have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- support group for people who take Remicade
- support group for people who have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Which medication would fit for all condition that i have to take 1 medication?
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, Panic Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalia)
Is Lorazepam the answer for all this medical condition fix into this medical condition? If it is, that great. But second question is.....is there any other medication that would help besides lorazepam? Im doing this research TO find out what is right for me before I ask my mental Dr about it. I have ...
- Can you get random spots that itch
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has No Get And Go, Keep Falling Asleep, Ache Thats Hurts, Fatigue - Chronic)
Am 39 years old. have a part tiem job. i sometimes have random sleep patterns but even when i sleep well i awake so tied still, around 4 to 5o'clock am fighting to stay awake, i hurt all over, i get sore thoat, headache and i become off balance.
- Can i get serotonin toxicity taking buspar with savella
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Anxiety And Stress, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Depression, Fybromyalogy)
I need to be sure there are no drug interactions with what I take.list above. Concerned about serotonin toxicity with Savella and buspar together.
- Does bcaa cause migraines?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has CFS, Migraines , and takes Cod Liver Oil, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C (ascorbic Acid), Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin B3, Selenium, Coenzyme Q10, Iron Dextran, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride)
I took 3 capsules of BCAA and within the next hour I developed a very aggressive migraine. Believing the migraine may have been separate to the tablets, I took another 3 capsules the next day and again within 1 hour I developed a very aggressive migraines. Has anyone had a similar adverse reactio ...
- Excessive sweaty clammy skin and low energy
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, Fatigue - Chronic, Clammy Skin, Sweating - Excessive)
I have been experiencing profuse sweating. Clammy skin. I am very low energy. I do not sleep well and fatigued during the day. I am on many medications for Crohn's disease, arthritis, and other auto immune conditions.
More questions for: Remicade, Chronic fatigue syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- A life of depression and fatigue
(Posted by a 70 year old man who has COPD, PTSD, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Dysthymia, and takes Simvastatin, Daytrana, Klonopin, Concerta, Lamictal Xr, Prozac)
1) Family history of depression, 2) Diagnosed depression 1964-not treated until 1973, 3) Worked in medical field 35 years, 4) Emergency on-call 24/7, 5) Hospital 15 times major depression, 6) Tried nearly all MAOI, TCA, SSRI, SNRI, and ECT. 7) 100% Disability in 1998 for depression. Now at age 70 I ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Still ill after several years (1 response)
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Health issues and struggles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Epilepsy, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Graves Disease, Brain Tumor, Head Trauma, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tinnitus, Seasonal Allergy, and takes Keppra, Lamictal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil)
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
More reviews for: Remicade, Chronic fatigue syndrome
- A study of side effects of Prednisolone for a patient with Colitis. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness)
Comments: Always felt fatigued on the steroids, but would get periods of chronic fatigue on some afternoons or evenings. No logic as to when these happened as not everyday, and could be 1pm, 3pm or 6pm. Always took steroids at 9am.
Would feel so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open when stood up. Had to lie do ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Alprazolam, Lactulose, Daytrana, Effexor, Ondansetron, Ursodiol, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Tacrolimus for a patient with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Encephalopathy - Hepatic, Depression, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Immunosuppressant Drug Therapy. The patient has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Fatigue - Chronic, Major Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Nausea
Comments: The nausea is persistent and debilitating as is the fatigue. Nothing relieves the nausea. I was transplanted for esld Chronic Hep B but developed de novo autoimmune hepatitis with a touch of graft v. host disease.
The emotional troubles became extremely exacerbated post-transplant.
3 yrs pos ...
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (nerve compression at wrist results numbness weakness, pain , swelling)
Comments: I started remicade infusions on 9/30/14, the next day my wrist began to hurt; the following day the pain became unbearable. I have never had any problems with carpal tunnel in the past. Is this caused by the remicade infusion.
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- A study of drug interactions between Tegretol, Effexor XR, Treanda for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Follicle Centre Lymphoma, Follicular Grade I, Ii, Iii Stage Iv. The patient has Anemia, Fatigue - Chronic
Comments: My renal function tests had been within normal range until 1 year ago. I was diagnosed with Stage IV follicular Lymphoma. My Oncologist suggested I reduce some psychiatric meds and increase water intake.
More related studies for: Remicade, Chronic fatigue syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.