Review: could Remicade cause Chronic fatigue syndrome?
Summary: Chronic fatigue syndrome is found among people who take Remicade, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Hibiclens, and have Folliculitis.
We study 85,097 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 20 have Chronic fatigue syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Chronic fatigue syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Remicade and have Chronic fatigue syndrome >>>
Remicade has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from 85,501 Remicade users)
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Chronic fatigue syndrome (disorder that causes extreme fatigue) has been reported by people with acne, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 2,781 Chronic fatigue syndrome patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 85,097 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 20 people (0.02%) have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Time on Remicade when people have Chronic fatigue syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Remicade * :
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||71.43%||28.57% |
Age of people who have Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Remicade * :
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||5.56%||50.00%||27.78%||11.11%||0.00%||5.56% |
Severity of Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Remicade ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chronic fatigue syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Folliculitis (11 people, 55.00%)
- Acne (9 people, 45.00%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (5 people, 25.00%)
- Psoriasis (5 people, 25.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (3 people, 15.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Hibiclens (11 people, 55.00%)
- Ortho tri-cyclen (11 people, 55.00%)
- Keflex (11 people, 55.00%)
- Accutane (11 people, 55.00%)
- Prednisone (7 people, 35.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of remicade and chronic fatigue syndrome on
Do you have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome while taking Remicade?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Remicade and have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- support group for people who take Remicade
- support group for people who have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Depo-provera for a 34-year old woman with Endometriosis. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness)
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Armour Thyroid, Prilosec, Claritin for a 48-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Acid Reflux, Allergic Sinusitis. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Vicodin, Fentanyl-100 for a 76-year old man with Pain. The patient has Sleep Disorder, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a 44-year old woman with Croup. The patient has Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction)
Recent Remicade related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.