Review: could Remicade cause Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia?
Summary: Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia is found among people who take Remicade, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 85,102 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 96 have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. Find out below who they are, when they have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Remicade and have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia >>>
Remicade has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from 85,507 Remicade users)
Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia
Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)) has been reported by people with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, schizophrenia. (latest reports from 8,304 Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 85,102 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 96 people (0.11%) have Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia.
Time on Remicade when people have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia||27.78%||16.67%||5.56%||22.22%||22.22%||5.56%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia when taking Remicade * :
|Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia||36.60%||63.40% |
Age of people who have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia when taking Remicade * :
|Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.28%||3.85%||7.69%||23.08%||64.10% |
Severity of Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia when taking Remicade ** :
How people recovered from Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (96 people, 100.00%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (23 people, 23.96%)
- Crohn's disease (23 people, 23.96%)
- Psoriasis (11 people, 11.46%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 7.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (68 people, 70.83%)
- Folic acid (30 people, 31.25%)
- Prednisone tab (27 people, 28.12%)
- Arava (26 people, 27.08%)
- Aspirin (19 people, 19.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of remicade and chronic lymphocytic leukaemia on
Do you have Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia while taking Remicade?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Remicade and have Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia
- support group for people who take Remicade
- support group for people who have Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a 43-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Double Vision
- A study of drug interactions between Remicade, Methotrexate for a 47-year old woman with Sarcoidosis. The patient has Burning Eyes, Burning Eyes, Shortness Of Breath, Painful Respiration
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a 50-year old woman with Ankylosing Spondylitis. The patient has One Week After Remicade Infusion Woke Up Pain Both Knees Hurts To Walk, Sudden Pain In Both Hands 1 Day After Infusion Couldn't Move Them
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a 62-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Sweating
- A study of drug interactions between Atelvia, Remicade, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cyanocobalamin, Synthroid, Escitalopram, Meclizine, Potassium Chloride, Sulfadiazine, Folic Acid, Omeprazole, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 71-year old woman with Osteonecrosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hot Flashes, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Low Thyroid, Anxiety, Vertigo. The patient has Hair Loss, Tmj Disorders, Dry Mouth
Recent Remicade related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.