Home > Remicade > Constipation > Remicade and Constipation
Review: could Remicade cause Constipation?
We study 85,082 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 282 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Remicade and have Constipation >>>
Remicade (latest outcomes from 85,483 users) has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease.
Constipation (latest reports from 514,264 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 85,073 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 283 people (0.33%) have Constipation.
Time on Remicade when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Remicade * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Remicade * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Remicade ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (159 people, 56.18%)
- Crohn's disease (126 people, 44.52%)
- Hypertension (47 people, 16.61%)
- Osteoporosis (46 people, 16.25%)
- Constipation (43 people, 15.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (127 people, 44.88%)
- Folic acid (110 people, 38.87%)
- Prednisone (98 people, 34.63%)
- Actonel (60 people, 21.20%)
- Methotrexate sodium (49 people, 17.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Remicade?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Remicade and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Remicade
- support group for people who have Constipation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
Acne isn't severe in that it is vast, but what I do get is large spots that resemble whiteheads, but deep beneath the surface. They stick around for months without ever changing or coming to a head. Sometimes they itch.
My idea of severe weight gain: 25lbs in 6 weeks.
j on Oct, 21, 2014:
If they are painful and around the jaw/neck, they may be swollen lymph nodes.
dzymay on Sep, 12, 2014:
I have also noticed that I have been getting hard pimple like bumps on my face and neck. They never come to a head can be painful to touch and they get big like a boil but they don't go completely away they shrink down to where you can't notice the huge bump but when I rub my fingers over the area you can still feel a little bump under the skin almost like a cyst! What exactly are they and how can I stop getting them?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Remicade, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
More reviews for: Remicade, Constipation
On eHealthMe, Remicade (infliximab) is often used for crohn's disease. Find out below the conditions Remicade is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Remicade used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (6 seconds ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (12 minutes ago)
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
- Vomiting and Vyvanse
- Vomiting and Add
- Vomiting and Escitalopram
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (14 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (25 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (7 hours ago)
- Theolair Sr
- Pseudomonas Pseudomallei Infection