Review: could Remicade cause Interstitial lung disease?
Summary: Interstitial lung disease is found among people who take Remicade, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Rheumatrex, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 85,097 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 591 have Interstitial lung disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Interstitial lung disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Remicade and have Interstitial lung disease >>>
Remicade has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from 85,500 Remicade users)
Interstitial lung disease
Interstitial lung disease has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, lung cancer - non-small cell, osteoporosis, prostate cancer. (latest reports from 20,667 Interstitial lung disease patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 85,097 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 591 people (0.69%) have Interstitial Lung Disease.
Time on Remicade when people have Interstitial lung disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Interstitial lung disease||73.51%||9.19%||3.78%||6.49%||2.16%||4.86%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Interstitial lung disease when taking Remicade * :
|Interstitial lung disease||63.92%||36.08% |
Age of people who have Interstitial lung disease when taking Remicade * :
|Interstitial lung disease||0.00%||0.00%||1.42%||1.77%||5.54%||5.90%||20.05%||65.33% |
Severity of Interstitial lung disease when taking Remicade ** :
How people recovered from Interstitial lung disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (591 people, 100.00%)
- Prophylaxis (164 people, 27.75%)
- Hypertension (122 people, 20.64%)
- Crohn's disease (92 people, 15.57%)
- Gastritis (83 people, 14.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Rheumatrex (591 people, 100.00%)
- Prednisolone (370 people, 62.61%)
- Methotrexate (365 people, 61.76%)
- Folic acid (166 people, 28.09%)
- Prednisone (162 people, 27.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Remicade and interstitial lung disease on
Do you have Interstitial Lung Disease while taking Remicade?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Remicade and have Interstitial Lung Disease
- support group for people who take Remicade
- support group for people who have Interstitial Lung Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Retin-a, Remicade for a 34-year old woman with Antiageing, Ankylosing Spondylitis. The patient has Itching
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a 25-year old woman with Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Ear Pain
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a 48-year old man with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Dizziness, Tiredness (feeling of tiredness), Influenza Like Illness, Night Sweats (sweating in night)
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a 11-year old girl with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Stomach Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Levothyroxine Sodium, Multivitamin, Remicade for a 35-year old woman with Joint Range Of Motion Decreased, Hypothyroidism, Health, Chronic Pain. The patient has Cluster Headache, Heart Palpitations, High Blood Pressure
Recent Remicade related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Remicade, Humira for a 26-year old woman who has Crohn's Disease
- Comparions of Humira, Remicade for a 48-year old man who has Crohn's Disease
- Comparions of Enbrel, Remicade for a 65-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Enbrel, Remicade, Cellcept, Methotrexate for a 15-year old girl who has Takayasu's Arteritis
- Comparions of Cimzia, Simponi, Remicade, Humira, Enbrel for a 40-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.