Home > Remicade > Joint swelling > Remicade and Joint swelling
Review: could Remicade cause Joint swelling?
We study 85,082 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 624 have Joint swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Joint swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Remicade and have Joint swelling >>>
Remicade (latest outcomes from 85,483 users) has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease.
Joint swelling (latest reports from 166,829 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 85,082 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 624 people (0.73%) have Joint Swelling.
Time on Remicade when people have Joint swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Joint swelling||59.64%||10.84%||12.05%||9.64%||4.82%||3.01%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Joint swelling when taking Remicade * :
|Joint swelling||68.80%||31.20% |
Age of people who have Joint swelling when taking Remicade * :
|Joint swelling||0.00%||1.32%||5.92%||5.13%||17.50%||28.42%||20.79%||20.92% |
Severity of Joint swelling when taking Remicade ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Joint swelling||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Joint swelling ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (325 people, 52.08%)
- Crohn's disease (284 people, 45.51%)
- Colitis ulcerative (115 people, 18.43%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (77 people, 12.34%)
- Arthritis (61 people, 9.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (269 people, 43.11%)
- Prednisone (163 people, 26.12%)
- Prednisolone (150 people, 24.04%)
- Folic acid (112 people, 17.95%)
- Solu-cortef (64 people, 10.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Joint Swelling while taking Remicade?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Remicade and have Joint Swelling
- support group for people who take Remicade
- support group for people who have Joint Swelling
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it safe to take pravastin while on remicade?
I have just started on Remicade and this drug scares the heck out of me! However it is being used as a last resort as no other medications were bring my ulcerative colitis under control I am very concerned about drug interactions and can't seem to get any straight answers from my doctor or the pha ...
- Remicade or ulcerative colitis causing joint pain?
Im also on mesalamine, 6 mp and trazadone. Ive had joint pain in elbow before but i realised it was caused by taking cortenema. I stoped the med and pain went away. After my first infusion of remicade (2days) i started with the knee, ankle, elbows , wrists and hands pain. The more i do. The worst ...
- I am experiencing myelodysplastic syndrome symptoms but it is said that it doesn't typically get diagnosed for people my age. although everything is spot on and i need to know whats wrong.
I have been doing remicade treatments for about four years now. Lately I have gotten a UTI, an I get random bruises every single day, I also get super tired, my body aches, and I get fevers for hours on end without them breaking. I have no idea whats wrong because this has never happened before but ...
- Does anyone know how to treat a swollen foot?
I have been on Remicade for 6 months and I am now i am thinking i am having side effects from this drug! My left foot swollen and very painful. Has anyone experienced any side effects like this?
- I have had this very localized area of swelling on each hip for a couple of years now (looks like two small sacs of water or air sitting on each hip) any ideas what could be causing this?
I have been seeing a chiropractor for years now for back, knee, and hip pain including going through physical therapy, regular manipulation, and massage. When I noticed this for months and it hadn't gone away I had him look at it. He was able to tell that this was not simply adipose and it seemed to ...
- Can prolia cause side effects to tkr?
I had total knee replacements for both knees in 2011. The left knee turned out fair but the right never gave me any relief. In 2012 I was put on Remicade which helped my RA a great deal. Then a couple months ago I was given Prolia injection for my Osteoporosis. Two days later I experienced a lot of ...
- Does anyone take remicade for crohn's disease and have problems with kidney stones?
I have had kidney stones since I was in high school and was diagnosed with crohn's disease 3 years ago. I am having trouble with my treatments. The remicade leaves me so exhausted that it usually takes a good two days to recover. I have been on remicade since September 2010 and now receive double ...
- Ulcerative colitis and infertility female
I was diag. with UC at the age of 15. I am now 22 and my doctor says that I should start having a family now if I want children.
I am a college student and was not planning to have children until my career was in place most likely at age 28.
I have never stopped bleeding, thought it does slow ...
- Can rheumatoid arthritis cause laryngitis
year long laryngitis
- My father was prescribed remicade for his osteoarthritis, and had severe negative reactions to it. does remicade cause a lot of nerve issues if taken for the wrong type of arthritis?
My father was prescribed Remicade and received some doses, resulting in severe nervous damage. My mother took my father to another doctor who conducted blood tests in which the results showed my father has osteoarthritis and not rheumatoid. How can a doctor prescribe Remicade before confirming the ...
More questions for: Remicade, Joint swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Finasteride and knee swelling
taken finasteride 1 mg since 5 years, knee swelling both sides since 1,5 years. MRT without pathologic findings. stopped finasteride since 3 weeks. No more Knee swelling.
- Joint swelling in my hands
I have only been taking Invokana for almost 3 weeks, I have noticed joint swelling in my hands which did not occur 3 weeks ago when I was taking Glimepiride. While taking the Glimepiride I noticed that my ankles and feet hurt after sitting for a while or when I woke up. Has anyone else noticed these ...
- Pain in the neck and arthritis after taking generic fosamax
I started taking Generic Fosamax about six months ago and last week i had a terrible neck pain and spasm. I went to my accupunturist and he did accupunture and massage, but the pain did not go away. Later that week, I noticed that I had a lot of pain every time I flexed my left knee, and later that ...
More reviews for: Remicade, Joint swelling
On eHealthMe, Remicade (infliximab) is often used for crohn's disease. Find out below the conditions Remicade is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Remicade used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Remicade, Joint swelling
Recent Remicade related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Cimzia, Simponi, Remicade, Humira, Enbrel for a 40-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Xeljanz, Remicade for a 30-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Enbrel, Remicade for a 24-year old man who has Ulcerative Colitis
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel, Simponi, Cimzia, Remicade for a 35-year old woman who has Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Comparions of Orencia, Remicade, Actemra, Xeljanz, Imuran for a 66-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Remicade, Rituxan for a 70-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Enbrel, Humira, Remicade for a 53-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Remicade for a 41-year old woman who has Spondylolysis
- Comparions of Thalomid, Mesalamine, Colchicine, Remicade for a 26-year old man who has Behcet's Syndrome
- Comparions of Rituxan, Remicade for a 72-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
More related comparison studies for: Remicade, Joint swelling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.