Home > Remicade > Joint swelling > Remicade and Joint swelling
Review: could Remicade cause Joint swelling?
Summary: Joint swelling is found among people who take Remicade, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 85,082 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 624 have Joint swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Joint swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Remicade and have Joint swelling >>>
Remicade (latest outcomes from 85,486 users) has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease.
Joint swelling (latest reports from 23,725 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 85,082 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 624 people (0.73%) have Joint Swelling.
Time on Remicade when people have Joint swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Joint swelling||59.64%||10.84%||12.05%||9.64%||4.82%||3.01%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Joint swelling when taking Remicade * :
|Joint swelling||68.80%||31.20% |
Age of people who have Joint swelling when taking Remicade * :
|Joint swelling||0.00%||1.32%||5.92%||5.13%||17.50%||28.42%||20.79%||20.92% |
Severity of Joint swelling when taking Remicade ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Joint swelling||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Joint swelling ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (325 people, 52.08%)
- Crohn's disease (284 people, 45.51%)
- Colitis ulcerative (115 people, 18.43%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (77 people, 12.34%)
- Arthritis (61 people, 9.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (269 people, 43.11%)
- Prednisone (163 people, 26.12%)
- Prednisolone (150 people, 24.04%)
- Folic acid (112 people, 17.95%)
- Solu-cortef (64 people, 10.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Joint Swelling while taking Remicade?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Remicade and have Joint Swelling
- support group for people who take Remicade
- support group for people who have Joint Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it safe to take pravastin while on remicade?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Remicade, Pravastatin Sodium, Zoloft, Synthroid)
I have just started on Remicade and this drug scares the heck out of me! However it is being used as a last resort as no other medications were bring my ulcerative colitis under control I am very concerned about drug interactions and can't seem to get any straight answers from my doctor or the pha ...
- Remicade or ulcerative colitis causing joint pain?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Remicade, Mesalamine, Purinethol)
Im also on mesalamine, 6 mp and trazadone. Ive had joint pain in elbow before but i realised it was caused by taking cortenema. I stoped the med and pain went away. After my first infusion of remicade (2days) i started with the knee, ankle, elbows , wrists and hands pain. The more i do. The worst ...
- I am experiencing myelodysplastic syndrome symptoms but it is said that it doesn't typically get diagnosed for people my age. although everything is spot on and i need to know whats wrong.
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Crohns Disease, and takes Remicade)
I have been doing remicade treatments for about four years now. Lately I have gotten a UTI, an I get random bruises every single day, I also get super tired, my body aches, and I get fevers for hours on end without them breaking. I have no idea whats wrong because this has never happened before but ...
- Does anyone know how to treat a swollen foot?
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Remicade)
I have been on Remicade for 6 months and I am now i am thinking i am having side effects from this drug! My left foot swollen and very painful. Has anyone experienced any side effects like this?
- I have had this very localized area of swelling on each hip for a couple of years now (looks like two small sacs of water or air sitting on each hip) any ideas what could be causing this?
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Hip Swelling, Indoor Allergies, Food Allergy, Food Intolerance, Anxiety, IBS, Osgood-schlatter Disease, Mild Scoliosis, and takes Allegra, Fish Oil, Orsythia)
I have been seeing a chiropractor for years now for back, knee, and hip pain including going through physical therapy, regular manipulation, and massage. When I noticed this for months and it hadn't gone away I had him look at it. He was able to tell that this was not simply adipose and it seemed to ...
More questions for: Remicade, Joint swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Finasteride and knee swelling
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Knee Swelling, and takes Finasteride)
taken finasteride 1 mg since 5 years, knee swelling both sides since 1,5 years. MRT without pathologic findings. stopped finasteride since 3 weeks. No more Knee swelling.
- Joint swelling in my hands
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Swelling, and takes Glimepiride, Invokana)
I have only been taking Invokana for almost 3 weeks, I have noticed joint swelling in my hands which did not occur 3 weeks ago when I was taking Glimepiride. While taking the Glimepiride I noticed that my ankles and feet hurt after sitting for a while or when I woke up. Has anyone else noticed these ...
- Pain in the neck and arthritis after taking generic fosamax
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Thyroid Nodules, Neck Pain, Anterior Knee Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, and takes Alendronate Sodium)
I started taking Generic Fosamax about six months ago and last week i had a terrible neck pain and spasm. I went to my accupunturist and he did accupunture and massage, but the pain did not go away. Later that week, I noticed that I had a lot of pain every time I flexed my left knee, and later that ...
More reviews for: Remicade, Joint swelling
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout. The patient has Toe Swelling, Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
Comments: Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indomethacin but little relief.Feelings of electrical shocks have now started.Researched and my symptoms seem to be more in line with Peripheral Neuropathy than Gout.Have found that Indomethacin contributes to P.N Pain.
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (nerve compression at wrist results numbness weakness, pain , swelling)
Comments: I started remicade infusions on 9/30/14, the next day my wrist began to hurt; the following day the pain became unbearable. I have never had any problems with carpal tunnel in the past. Is this caused by the remicade infusion.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Magnesium, Garlic, Fish Oil, Topamax for a patient with Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Sleep Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine. The patient has Osteoporosis, Swelling Of A Joint, Face Pain, Migraine, Fatigue, Dizziness
Comments: My celiac panel was very abnormal except for IGA which was normal. However I do not have GI symptoms. I have dizziness and light- headed ness. When I eliminated topamax the symptoms resolved. I wonder if topamax caused the blood work abnormality? I have taken it for 10 years?
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Weight Gain, Acne (skin problems that cause pimples)
Comments: Acne isn't severe in that it is vast, but what I do get is large spots that resemble whiteheads, but deep beneath the surface. They stick around for months without ever changing or coming to a head. Sometimes they itch.
My idea of severe weight gain: 25lbs in 6 weeks.
More related studies for: Remicade, Joint swelling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.