Review: could Remicade cause Lip swelling?
Summary: Lip swelling is found among people who take Remicade, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Benadryl, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 85,092 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 122 have Lip swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Lip swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Remicade and have Lip swelling >>>
Remicade has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from 85,498 Remicade users)
Lip swelling has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression. (latest reports from 7,816 Lip swelling patients)
On Feb, 17, 2015: 85,092 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 122 people (0.14%) have Lip Swelling.
Time on Remicade when people have Lip swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lip swelling||66.67%||20.83%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Lip swelling when taking Remicade * :
|Lip swelling||63.12%||36.88% |
Age of people who have Lip swelling when taking Remicade * :
|Lip swelling||0.00%||1.32%||19.30%||7.46%||22.37%||25.00%||12.28%||12.28% |
Severity of Lip swelling when taking Remicade ** :
How people recovered from Lip swelling ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (94 people, 77.05%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (58 people, 47.54%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (32 people, 26.23%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (30 people, 24.59%)
- Psoriasis (24 people, 19.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Benadryl (32 people, 26.23%)
- Solu-medrol (27 people, 22.13%)
- Hydrocortisone (26 people, 21.31%)
- Prednisone (24 people, 19.67%)
- Methotrexate (24 people, 19.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lip Swelling while taking Remicade?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Remicade and have Lip Swelling
- support group for people who take Remicade
- support group for people who have Lip Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Remicade related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Remicade, Humira for a 26-year old woman who has Crohn's Disease
- Comparions of Humira, Remicade for a 48-year old man who has Crohn's Disease
- Comparions of Enbrel, Remicade for a 65-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Enbrel, Remicade, Cellcept, Methotrexate for a 15-year old girl who has Takayasu's Arteritis
- Comparions of Cimzia, Simponi, Remicade, Humira, Enbrel for a 40-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.