Home > Remicade > Lip swelling > Remicade and Lip swelling
Review: could Remicade cause Lip swelling?
Summary: Lip swelling is found among people who take Remicade, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Benadryl, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 85,082 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 122 have Lip swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Lip swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Remicade and have Lip swelling >>>
Remicade (latest outcomes from 85,486 users) has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease.
Lip swelling (latest reports from 39,376 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 85,082 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 122 people (0.14%) have Lip Swelling.
Time on Remicade when people have Lip swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lip swelling||66.67%||20.83%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Lip swelling when taking Remicade * :
|Lip swelling||63.12%||36.88% |
Age of people who have Lip swelling when taking Remicade * :
|Lip swelling||0.00%||1.32%||19.30%||7.46%||22.37%||25.00%||12.28%||12.28% |
Severity of Lip swelling when taking Remicade ** :
How people recovered from Lip swelling ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (94 people, 77.05%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (58 people, 47.54%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (32 people, 26.23%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (30 people, 24.59%)
- Psoriasis (24 people, 19.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Benadryl (32 people, 26.23%)
- Solu-medrol (27 people, 22.13%)
- Hydrocortisone (26 people, 21.31%)
- Prednisone (24 people, 19.67%)
- Methotrexate (24 people, 19.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lip Swelling while taking Remicade?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Remicade and have Lip Swelling
- support group for people who take Remicade
- support group for people who have Lip Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it safe to take pravastin while on remicade?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Remicade, Pravastatin Sodium, Zoloft, Synthroid)
I have just started on Remicade and this drug scares the heck out of me! However it is being used as a last resort as no other medications were bring my ulcerative colitis under control I am very concerned about drug interactions and can't seem to get any straight answers from my doctor or the pha ...
- Remicade or ulcerative colitis causing joint pain?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Remicade, Mesalamine, Purinethol)
Im also on mesalamine, 6 mp and trazadone. Ive had joint pain in elbow before but i realised it was caused by taking cortenema. I stoped the med and pain went away. After my first infusion of remicade (2days) i started with the knee, ankle, elbows , wrists and hands pain. The more i do. The worst ...
- I am experiencing myelodysplastic syndrome symptoms but it is said that it doesn't typically get diagnosed for people my age. although everything is spot on and i need to know whats wrong.
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Crohns Disease, and takes Remicade)
I have been doing remicade treatments for about four years now. Lately I have gotten a UTI, an I get random bruises every single day, I also get super tired, my body aches, and I get fevers for hours on end without them breaking. I have no idea whats wrong because this has never happened before but ...
- Does anyone know how to treat a swollen foot?
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Remicade)
I have been on Remicade for 6 months and I am now i am thinking i am having side effects from this drug! My left foot swollen and very painful. Has anyone experienced any side effects like this?
- Can prolia cause side effects to tkr?
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Arthritis - Rheumatoid, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, and takes Remicade, Plaquenil, Dexilant, Benicar, Exalgo, Nucynta, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, Xanax, Aspirin, Paxil)
I had total knee replacements for both knees in 2011. The left knee turned out fair but the right never gave me any relief. In 2012 I was put on Remicade which helped my RA a great deal. Then a couple months ago I was given Prolia injection for my Osteoporosis. Two days later I experienced a lot of ...
More questions for: Remicade, Lip swelling
More reviews for: Remicade, Lip swelling
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (nerve compression at wrist results numbness weakness, pain , swelling)
Comments: I started remicade infusions on 9/30/14, the next day my wrist began to hurt; the following day the pain became unbearable. I have never had any problems with carpal tunnel in the past. Is this caused by the remicade infusion.
- A study of drug interactions between Azathioprine, Mercaptopurine, Remicade for a patient with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Personality Change
Comments: Steroid course during flare ups
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Weight Gain, Acne (skin problems that cause pimples)
Comments: Acne isn't severe in that it is vast, but what I do get is large spots that resemble whiteheads, but deep beneath the surface. They stick around for months without ever changing or coming to a head. Sometimes they itch.
My idea of severe weight gain: 25lbs in 6 weeks.
- A study of drug interactions between Desipramine Hydrochloride, Remicade for a patient with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Hot Flashes
Comments: breast cancer tumor removed just prior to Remicade start. Desipramine possible cause of new breast lump (not yet diagnosed).
- A study of drug interactions between Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Spironolactone, Lorazepam, Sertraline, Methotrexate, Remicade for a patient with Potassium - Low, Pain - Bones, Fluid In The Chest, Anxiety, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Enlarged Liver, Guttate Psoriasis, Arthritis - Psoriatic
Comments: Extended remicade every 2 months now 5 vials. Had me stop methetrexate liver enlarged.
Over due for remicade infusion and experiencing extreme
Fatigue, loss appetite, slept 4days didn't eat or drink or wake up confused state of mind.
Went to emergency did X-rays, cat scan, stomache and head. ...
More related studies for: Remicade, Lip swelling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.