Review: could Remicade cause Mastocytosis (Urticaria pigmentosa)?
Summary: Mastocytosis is reported only by a few people who take Remicade.
We study 85,102 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Mastocytosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Mastocytosis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Remicade and have Mastocytosis >>>
Remicade has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from 85,507 Remicade users)
Mastocytosis (an excessive number of apparently normal mast cells in the skin and, occasionally, in other organs) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, quit smoking, bipolar disorder, psychotic disorder. (latest reports from 238 Mastocytosis patients)
On Apr, 20, 2015: 85,102 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 4 people (0.00%) have Mastocytosis.
Time on Remicade when people have Mastocytosis * :
Gender of people who have Mastocytosis when taking Remicade * :
Age of people who have Mastocytosis when taking Remicade * :
Severity of Mastocytosis when taking Remicade ** :
How people recovered from Mastocytosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (3 people, 75.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Isoniazid (2 people, 50.00%)
- Benadryl (1 people, 25.00%)
- Hydrocortisone (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mastocytosis while taking Remicade?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Remicade and have Mastocytosis
- support group for people who take Remicade
- support group for people who have Mastocytosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Pantoprazole, Indomethacin, Methotrexate, Remicade for a 41-year old man with Indomethacin, Gerd, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Muscle Spasms, Nerve Symptoms, Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a 43-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Double Vision
- A study of drug interactions between Remicade, Methotrexate for a 47-year old woman with Sarcoidosis. The patient has Burning Eyes, Burning Eyes, Shortness Of Breath, Painful Respiration
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a 50-year old woman with Ankylosing Spondylitis. The patient has One Week After Remicade Infusion Woke Up Pain Both Knees Hurts To Walk, Sudden Pain In Both Hands 1 Day After Infusion Couldn't Move Them
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a 62-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Sweating
Recent Remicade related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.