Home > Remicade > Pruritus > Remicade and Pruritus
Review: could Remicade cause Pruritus (Itching)?
We study 85,073 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,258 have Pruritus. Find out below who they are, when they have Pruritus and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Remicade and have Pruritus >>>
Remicade (latest outcomes from 85,475 users) has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease.
Pruritus (severe itching of the skin) (latest reports from 545,906 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Sep, 23, 2014: 85,067 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 1,258 people (1.48%) have Pruritus.
Time on Remicade when people have Pruritus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pruritus when taking Remicade * :
Age of people who have Pruritus when taking Remicade * :
Severity of Pruritus when taking Remicade ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Pruritus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (776 people, 61.69%)
- Crohn's disease (673 people, 53.50%)
- Colitis ulcerative (243 people, 19.32%)
- Prophylaxis (136 people, 10.81%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (110 people, 8.74%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (674 people, 53.58%)
- Folic acid (399 people, 31.72%)
- Prednisone (345 people, 27.42%)
- Benadryl (322 people, 25.60%)
- Solu-cortef (193 people, 15.34%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pruritus while taking Remicade?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Remicade and have Pruritus
- group for people who take Remicade
- group for people who have Pruritus
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 day ago):
Bumps,black blemishes only on jawbone. Its on both sides of my face. Never had skin problems until starting this medicine.
From this study (3 days ago):
Acne isn't severe in that it is vast, but what I do get is large spots that resemble whiteheads, but deep beneath the surface. They stick around for months without ever changing or coming to a head. Sometimes they itch.
My idea of severe weight gain: 25lbs in 6 weeks.
From this study (1 week ago):
breast cancer tumor removed just prior to Remicade start. Desipramine possible cause of new breast lump (not yet diagnosed).
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Remicade, Pruritus
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Itching skin caused by taking crestor
After taking Crestor for 4 months or so, raised small spots on my forearms. More itchy evening and night, tried cortisone creams no relief. Dr though it might be due to dry skin, but on researching on the internet found this sort of information pointing to the Crestor as a possible cause. I decided ...
More reviews for: Remicade, Pruritus
On eHealthMe, Remicade (infliximab) is often used for crohn's disease. Find out below the conditions Remicade is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Remicade used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Nasonex, Nexium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 48-year old woman who has Nasal Inflammation, GERD, Neuropathy, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (23 minutes ago)
- Meloxicam for a 33-year old woman who has Inflammation (57 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Synthroid, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura, Hypothyroidism, Parkinsonian Gait (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Decreased Appetite and Vyvanse
- Dizziness and Neuropathy
- Dizziness and Nexium
- Dizziness and Gerd
- Dizziness and Nasonex
Recent user comments
- "Stabbing pain began at about a level 6 only while I w ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (2 hours ago)
- Ill Defined Disorder
- Joint Pain