Review: could Remicade cause Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma)?
Summary: Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma) is found among people who take Remicade, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Rimatil, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 85,085 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 36 have Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma). Find out below who they are, when they have Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma) and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Remicade and have Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma) >>>
Remicade has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from Remicade 85,488 users)
Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma)
Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma) (an autoimmune or connective tissue disease. it is characterized by thickening of the skin) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma) 2,576 patients)
On Dec, 15, 2014: 85,085 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 36 people (0.04%) have Systemic Sclerosis (scleroderma).
Time on Remicade when people have Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma) * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma)||42.86%||57.14%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma) when taking Remicade * :
|Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma)||34.83%||65.17% |
Age of people who have Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma) when taking Remicade * :
|Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma)||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.48%||14.93%||14.93%||65.67% |
Severity of Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma) when taking Remicade ** :
How people recovered from Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma) ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (36 people, 100.00%)
- Prophylaxis (36 people, 100.00%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (7 people, 19.44%)
- Crohn's disease (5 people, 13.89%)
- Eosinophilic fasciitis (3 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Rimatil (36 people, 100.00%)
- Unknown adrenal hormone preparations (36 people, 100.00%)
- Rheumatrex (36 people, 100.00%)
- Antihistamines (36 people, 100.00%)
- Gaster d (36 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Systemic Sclerosis (scleroderma) while taking Remicade?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Remicade and have Systemic Sclerosis (scleroderma)
- support group for people who take Remicade
- support group for people who have Systemic Sclerosis (scleroderma)
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- taking laquinal form mixed connective tissue disoder (ra, sojgins & scleroderma) but have ganed alot of weight. could i safely take phertermin appetite suppressent for a short term (6 months or less
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Sjogren's Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Scleroderma, and takes Phentermine)
Taking Plaquenil for Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder (RA, Sojogrens & Scleroderma) but I have gained a lot of weight. Could I safely take Phentermine appetite suppressant for a short term (6 months or less)?
- Is it safe to take pravastin while on remicade?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Remicade, Pravastatin Sodium, Zoloft, Synthroid)
I have just started on Remicade and this drug scares the heck out of me! However it is being used as a last resort as no other medications were bring my ulcerative colitis under control I am very concerned about drug interactions and can't seem to get any straight answers from my doctor or the pha ...
- Remicade or ulcerative colitis causing joint pain?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Remicade, Mesalamine, Purinethol)
Im also on mesalamine, 6 mp and trazadone. Ive had joint pain in elbow before but i realised it was caused by taking cortenema. I stoped the med and pain went away. After my first infusion of remicade (2days) i started with the knee, ankle, elbows , wrists and hands pain. The more i do. The worst ...
- Did you experience hypoxia while taking cytoxan for iterstial lung disease related to scleroderma?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Scleroderma)
After second dose of IV Cytoxan I have experienced a blood oxygen level of 78-84 upon exertion of energy. This is being treated with 2L of nasal oxygen.
- I am experiencing myelodysplastic syndrome symptoms but it is said that it doesn't typically get diagnosed for people my age. although everything is spot on and i need to know whats wrong.
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Crohns Disease, and takes Remicade)
I have been doing remicade treatments for about four years now. Lately I have gotten a UTI, an I get random bruises every single day, I also get super tired, my body aches, and I get fevers for hours on end without them breaking. I have no idea whats wrong because this has never happened before but ...
More questions for: Remicade, Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma)
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, and takes Copaxone)
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
More reviews for: Remicade, Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma)
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (nerve compression at wrist results numbness weakness, pain , swelling)
Comments: I started remicade infusions on 9/30/14, the next day my wrist began to hurt; the following day the pain became unbearable. I have never had any problems with carpal tunnel in the past. Is this caused by the remicade infusion.
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Weight Gain, Acne (skin problems that cause pimples)
Comments: Acne isn't severe in that it is vast, but what I do get is large spots that resemble whiteheads, but deep beneath the surface. They stick around for months without ever changing or coming to a head. Sometimes they itch.
My idea of severe weight gain: 25lbs in 6 weeks.
- A study of drug interactions between Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Spironolactone, Lorazepam, Sertraline, Methotrexate, Remicade for a patient with Potassium - Low, Pain - Bones, Fluid In The Chest, Anxiety, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Enlarged Liver, Guttate Psoriasis, Arthritis - Psoriatic
Comments: Extended remicade every 2 months now 5 vials. Had me stop methetrexate liver enlarged.
Over due for remicade infusion and experiencing extreme
Fatigue, loss appetite, slept 4days didn't eat or drink or wake up confused state of mind.
Went to emergency did X-rays, cat scan, stomache and head. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vagifem, Myrbetriq, Diflunisal, Premarin, Adderall 20, Levothyroxine Sodium, Methotrexate, Remicade for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Arthritis - Psoriatic, Hormone Level Abnormal, Ptsd, Hypothyroidism, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Overactive Bladder
Comments: I have exhausted all drug options for overactive bladder due to "resistance." Including Botox injections that had moderate results but only lasted almost two months. Also, every injection was painfully felt although I was prepped with a pain minimizing treatment. I am searching for help if any of m ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Remicade for a patient with Depression, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Stools Watery, Depression, Abnormal Weight Gain, Buffalo Hump, Edema
Comments: Crohn's disease diagnosed in 2005
Gastro resection 2005
Intestinal block 2012
Remicade infusions started December 2013-May 2014
35 pound weight gain in a year-mostly stomach and arms
Buffalo hump developed in April/may 2014
Depression and anxiety over last ...
More related studies for: Remicade, Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.