Review: could Remicade cause Vertigo (Dizziness)?
Summary: Vertigo is found among people who take Remicade, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 85,097 people who have side effects while taking Remicade from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,414 have Vertigo. Find out below who they are, when they have Vertigo and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Remicade and have Vertigo >>>
Remicade has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from 85,501 Remicade users)
Vertigo has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 164,812 Vertigo patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 85,092 people reported to have side effects when taking Remicade. Among them, 1,423 people (1.67%) have Vertigo.
Time on Remicade when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Remicade * :
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Remicade * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Remicade ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1,017 people, 71.47%)
- Crohn's disease (796 people, 55.94%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (263 people, 18.48%)
- Colitis ulcerative (241 people, 16.94%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (161 people, 11.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (685 people, 48.14%)
- Prednisone (430 people, 30.22%)
- Folic acid (389 people, 27.34%)
- Benadryl (223 people, 15.67%)
- Imuran (191 people, 13.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of remicade and vertigo on
Do you have Vertigo while taking Remicade?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Remicade and have Vertigo
- support group for people who take Remicade
- support group for people who have Vertigo
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Pulmicort Flexhaler, Proair Hfa, Mirena for a 35-year old woman with Asthma, Birth Control. The patient has Nipple Pain, Insomnia, Thirst, Heart Pounding Or Racing, Confusion, Muscle Aches, Headache, Dizziness, Nosebleed, Hypoglycaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Cortisone Acetate, Remicade for a 52-year old woman with Crondomelaisa, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Knee Arthrodesis
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a 44-year old woman with Croup. The patient has Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction)
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
Recent Remicade related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.