Renagel and Deafness - from FDA reports
Deafness is found among people who take Renagel, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old also take medication Simvastatin, and have Neoplasm malignant. This review analyzes which people have Deafness with Renagel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,238 people who have side effects when taking Renagel from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 24, 2017
7,238 people reported to have side effects when taking Renagel.
Among them, 37 people (0.51%) have Deafness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Deafness when taking Renagel *:
- female: 96.97 %
- male: 3.03 %
Age of people who have Deafness when taking Renagel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 9.09 %
- 50-59: 78.79 %
- 60+: 12.12 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Neoplasm Malignant (13 people, 35.14%)
- Multiple Myeloma (12 people, 32.43%)
- Light Chain Analysis Increased (12 people, 32.43%)
- Vitamin Supplementation (3 people, 8.11%)
- Herpes Zoster (3 people, 8.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Simvastatin (28 people, 75.68%)
- Norvasc (27 people, 72.97%)
- Aredia (27 people, 72.97%)
- Acetaminophen (27 people, 72.97%)
- Prevacid (26 people, 70.27%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Gait Disturbance (29 people, 78.38%)
- Renal Failure Chronic (28 people, 75.68%)
- Paraesthesia (28 people, 75.68%)
- Pain (28 people, 75.68%)
- Depression (27 people, 72.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Deafness when taking Renagel?
- Check symptoms - is deafness caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDeafness and drugs with ingredients of sevelamer hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDeafness and Renagel from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Renagel has active ingredients of sevelamer hydrochloride. (latest outcomes from Renagel 7,259 users)
Deafness has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 13,837 Deafness patients).
Browse all side effects of Renagela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DeafnessDeafness
Could your condition cause DeafnessDeafness
What would happen?
Questions to the study
my dds prescribed chlorhexidine gluconate for red and swollen gum. also said good for sore throat. After 2 months noticed hearing loss. went to an ent and was told to stop using immediately and do not use for gargle. it can migrate up eustachian tubes if gargled or swallowed causing damage ...
I am a 60 year old female who has recently suffered a sudden onset of hearing loss in my second ear. The first occurred about 15 years ago. It has already impacted me in my profession and already limited social life and paints a bleak picture for the future. Is it possible that my hearing loss ...
I am the son (born 1956) of a DES mother. (Diethylstilbestrol) I have a moderate to severe hearing loss in both ears. My brother (born 1955), also a DES son has a profound hearing loss. Like a high percentage of DES sons, my brother had undescended testicles. About 35 years ago I went to a ...
User reviews to the study
Has anyone experienced permanent hearing loss after stopping Topiramate? Or did hearing restore? I only took the medication for about 45 days and reported to my Nuro within two weeks noticeable hearing issues. She dismissed me completely!!! I went to my family doc and to ENT as well. Anyone else ...
I have been wearing hearing aids for the last 5 years, and have been taking glucosamine for 2 months. My hearing has deteriorated considerably in this short time, so I am now stopping taking it, to monitor if my hearing improves.