Renagel and Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis - from FDA reports
Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis is found among people who take Renagel, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Magnevist, and have Arteriogram. This review analyzes which people have Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis with Renagel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,238 people who have side effects when taking Renagel from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 05, 2017
7,238 people reported to have side effects when taking Renagel.
Among them, 1,009 people (13.94%) have Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Renagel when people have Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 23.08 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.69 %
- 2 - 5 years: 38.46 %
- 5 - 10 years: 30.77 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis when taking Renagel *:
- female: 56.94 %
- male: 43.06 %
Age of people who have Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis when taking Renagel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.12 %
- 10-19: 0.92 %
- 20-29: 3.35 %
- 30-39: 15.36 %
- 40-49: 20.9 %
- 50-59: 31.41 %
- 60+: 27.94 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Arteriogram (417 people, 41.33%)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Brain (348 people, 34.49%)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Abdominal (147 people, 14.57%)
- Pain (129 people, 12.78%)
- High Blood Pressure (97 people, 9.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Magnevist (902 people, 89.40%)
- Omniscan (713 people, 70.66%)
- Optimark (611 people, 60.56%)
- Multihance (450 people, 44.60%)
- Prohance (445 people, 44.10%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (627 people, 62.14%)
- Skin Induration (545 people, 54.01%)
- Skin Hypertrophy (503 people, 49.85%)
- Oedema Peripheral (462 people, 45.79%)
- Skin Tightness (446 people, 44.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis when taking Renagel?
- Check symptoms - is nephrogenic systemic fibrosis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNephrogenic systemic fibrosis and drugs with ingredients of sevelamer hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNephrogenic systemic fibrosis and Renagel from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Renagel has active ingredients of sevelamer hydrochloride. (latest outcomes from Renagel 7,259 users)
Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis
Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (involves fibrosis of skin, joints, eyes due to kidney disease) has been reported by people with nuclear magnetic resonance imaging abnormal, nuclear magnetic resonance imaging brain, nuclear magnetic resonance imaging abdominal, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 6,007 Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis patients).
Browse all side effects of Renagela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Nephrogenic systemic fibrosisNephrogenic systemic fibrosis
Could your condition cause Nephrogenic systemic fibrosisNephrogenic systemic fibrosis
What would happen?
You may be interested in these reviews
i was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in 2013, and it took my kidneys. I am on PD at home. Worked until January of this year and have not felt good since. Low, low blood pressure. I feel blessed that this site exists.
We started the Lighthouse Project to shed light on the effects of retained Gadolinium from Gadolinium-Based Contrast Agents (GBCAs) used for contrast MRIs and MRAs. This website is part of our effort to increase awareness of the effects of Gadolinium Toxicity. GBCAs are generally thought to ...