Renagel and Quadriparesis - from FDA reports
Quadriparesis is found among people who take Renagel, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old also take medication Clonidine, and have Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging brain. This review analyzes which people have Quadriparesis with Renagel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,238 people who have side effects when taking Renagel from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
7,238 people reported to have side effects when taking Renagel.
Among them, 6 people (0.08%) have Quadriparesis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Quadriparesis when taking Renagel *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Quadriparesis when taking Renagel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 83.33 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Brain (1 person, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (6 people, 100.00%)
- Prohance (6 people, 100.00%)
- Procardia Xl (6 people, 100.00%)
- Lyrica (6 people, 100.00%)
- Clonidine (6 people, 100.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Skin Tightness (6 people, 100.00%)
- Oedema Peripheral (6 people, 100.00%)
- Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (6 people, 100.00%)
- Joint Stiffness (6 people, 100.00%)
- Joint Contracture (6 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Quadriparesis when taking Renagel?
- Check symptoms - is quadriparesis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsQuadriparesis and drugs with ingredients of sevelamer hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeQuadriparesis and Renagel from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Renagel has active ingredients of sevelamer hydrochloride. (latest outcomes from Renagel 7,259 users)
Quadriparesis (muscle weakness affecting all four limbs) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 944 Quadriparesis patients).
Browse all side effects of Renagela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with QuadriparesisQuadriparesis
Could your condition cause QuadriparesisQuadriparesis
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
i was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in 2013, and it took my kidneys. I am on PD at home. Worked until January of this year and have not felt good since. Low, low blood pressure. I feel blessed that this site exists.