Review: could Requip cause Arrhythmia (Arrhythmias)?
Summary: Arrhythmia is found among people who take Requip, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 11,435 people who have side effects while taking Requip from FDA and social media. Among them, 101 have Arrhythmia. Find out below who they are, when they have Arrhythmia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Requip and have Arrhythmia >>>
Requip has active ingredients of ropinirole hydrochloride. It is often used in restless leg syndrome. (latest outcomes from Requip 11,923 users)
Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis, diabetes, depression.(latest reports from Arrhythmia 52,817 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 11,435 people reported to have side effects when taking Requip. Among them, 110 people (0.96%) have Arrhythmia.
Time on Requip when people have Arrhythmia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Arrhythmia when taking Requip * :
Age of people who have Arrhythmia when taking Requip * :
Severity of Arrhythmia when taking Requip ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Arrhythmia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (19 people, 17.27%)
- Restless legs syndrome (10 people, 9.09%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 6.36%)
- Thyroid cancer metastatic (5 people, 4.55%)
- Coronary artery disease (4 people, 3.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (33 people, 30.00%)
- Digoxin (32 people, 29.09%)
- Potassium chloride (26 people, 23.64%)
- Aspirin (24 people, 21.82%)
- Plavix (23 people, 20.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Arrhythmia while taking Requip?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Requip and have Arrhythmia
- support group for people who take Requip
- support group for people who have Arrhythmia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- Treatment for a dvt in person with lung cancer
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, DVT, and takes Dexamethasone, Methadone Hydrochloride, Reglan, Klonopin, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Vitamin D)
Have contracted a large painful DVT in groin thru calf. Hospicis doctor will only administer Aspirin 325 mg. what I have researched does this not address dissolving clot. Hospicis doctor told me the tumor lung cancer was more likely to bleed with treatment to dissolve clot. She was negative and said ...
- Why has my rls/plmd increased since i've been on ms contin, oxycodone, and higher dose of ropinerole? previously, i was on 40mg hydrocodone per day.
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who takes Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Clonazepam, MS Contin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Neurontin, Prozac, Flexeril, Requip)
I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) AND Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Recently, I went of of Hydrocodone, and started with MS Contin and Oxycodone. I also RAISED my Requip from .5 to 1mg.
- What are the side effects while taking fentanyl with garcinia cambogia
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Skin Blushing/flushing, and takes Fentanyl-75, Cymbalta, Lorazepam, Baclofen, Requip, Percocet, Garcinia Cambogia)
I'm having headaches flushing/blushing in the face, tired, dizziness. I think that I might be allergic to it the garcinia cambogia ultra. I need to know if I can be on the fentanyl patch and take Garcinia Cambogia Ultra?
- I developed excessive saliva production after starting ropinerole (requip) for plmd. sleep was impossible due to frequent swallowing. has anyone else experienced similar symptoms? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Periodic Limb Movements In Sleep, Major Depression, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Attention Deficit Disorder, Alpha Intrusion (sleep Disorder), Sleep Apnea (minor), and takes Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Mirapex, Gabapentin, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Lyrica, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lithium Carbonate, Desipramine Hydrochloride, Synthroid, Vyvanse, Lipitor)
The first 5 drugs above on my list that I tried for PLMD, I no longer use. I took ropinerole (Requip) for about 2 weeks when I noticed that I was producing more saliva and was swallowing a lot. It didn't really bother me too much, because the other drugs that I take give me a dry mouth. When I went ...
More questions for: Requip, Arrhythmia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Dilantin and interactions
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Arrhythmia, Epilepsy, Hypothyroid, and takes Vitamin D, Magnesium, Coreg, Dilantin, Synthroid)
I've taken Dilantin for over 40 years..seizure free for over 30 years..became hypothyroid 10 years ago..B12 deficient approximately 3 years ago and have had a benign arrhythmia for over 30 years. I take magnesium because it seems to hep the arrhythmia and vitamin d because mine is low normal.
More reviews for: Requip, Arrhythmia
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Acyclovir, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Onfi for a patient with Depression, Oral Herpes, Bursitis, Epilepsy. The patient has Leakage When Cough, Sneeze, Exercise, Laugh, Difficult To Urinate At Times., Overactive Bladder
Comments: I have had overactive bladder for over eight years, but it is getting worse. I go to the bathroom at least 9-10 times a night. I usually go at least once every hour. Now I am having some resistance when I try to urinate. I have to bend over and push hard to get all the urine out of my bladder. T ...
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Synthroid, Adderall Xr 20 for a patient with Inflammation, Low Thyroid, Add. The patient has Arrhythmia
Comments: No heart issues for 20+ years after having cath ablation. Started taking a teaspoon of turmeric 2x day and after less than a week I was having severe arythemia. The only change in my habits was adding turmeric (which really helped the arthritis in my hands)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Cymbalta, Omeprazole, Celebrex, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Vitamin D Decreased, Arnold-chiari Malformation, Acid Reflux, Arthritis, Restlessness, Insulin Resistance, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Tingling Sensation Onleft Side Of Skull In Back, Around To Ear And Along Jaw Line, Always On Left Side
Comments: this sensation started as if someone was running a feather across my ear lobe, spread to back of skull and across jaw to exact center. It now itches intensely after a tingling episode. NO pain. Can be exacerbated by position of head as in lowered to read or sew, or when lying down. Thought I could l ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Requip for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Mood Swings
Comments: I've always had mood swings and have suffered with depression throughout my life. Recently I started taking Benadryl at night to help with allergies. I found that it helped me sleep better also. I'm not sure if I'm just noticing that I may have a mood disorder that's always been there or if it is ca ...
- A study of side effects of Estradiol And Norethindrone Acetate for a patient with Menopause. The patient has Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action)
Comments: While at a conference, I experienced bradycardia and passed out. I went to the ER and all tests run (EKG, labs, CT Scan) were all normal. I am worried that it will happen again. The Estradol/Norethindrone Acetate is the only drug I am currently taking. I have no chronic illnesses.
More related studies for: Requip, Arrhythmia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.