Review: could Requip cause Arrhythmia (Arrhythmias)?
Summary: Arrhythmia is found among people who take Requip, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 11,444 people who have side effects while taking Requip from FDA and social media. Among them, 101 have Arrhythmia. Find out below who they are, when they have Arrhythmia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Requip and have Arrhythmia >>>
Requip has active ingredients of ropinirole hydrochloride. It is often used in restless leg syndrome. (latest outcomes from 11,935 Requip users)
Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis, depression, diabetes. (latest reports from 53,563 Arrhythmia patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 11,444 people reported to have side effects when taking Requip. Among them, 110 people (0.96%) have Arrhythmia.
Time on Requip when people have Arrhythmia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Arrhythmia when taking Requip * :
Age of people who have Arrhythmia when taking Requip * :
Severity of Arrhythmia when taking Requip ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Arrhythmia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (19 people, 17.27%)
- Restless legs syndrome (10 people, 9.09%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 6.36%)
- Thyroid cancer metastatic (5 people, 4.55%)
- Coronary artery disease (4 people, 3.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (33 people, 30.00%)
- Digoxin (32 people, 29.09%)
- Potassium chloride (26 people, 23.64%)
- Aspirin (24 people, 21.82%)
- Plavix (23 people, 20.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Requip and arrhythmia on
Do you have Arrhythmia while taking Requip?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Requip and have Arrhythmia
- support group for people who take Requip
- support group for people who have Arrhythmia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Ezetimibe, Pravastatin Sodium, Lansoprazole, Amlodipine for a 71-year old man with Prostatic Pain, Hypercholesterolemia, Hypercholesterolaemia, Reflux Oesophagitis, Hypertension - Essential. The patient has Bradycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Adderall 10 for a 25-year old woman with GERD, Add. The patient has Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Arrhythmia
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Requip, Azilect for a 54-year old man with Parkinsonism. The patient has Heart Rate Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Coenzyme Q10, ASA, Plavix, Actos, Metformin, Glucotrol, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Zocor, Glipizide, Byetta for a 73-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Hyperlipidaemia, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Parkinsonian Rest Tremor, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependenet.
Recent Requip related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Ropinirole Hydrochloride for a 67-year old woman who has Restless Legs
- Comparions of Requip, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 51-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Evista, Requip for a 71-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Buspirone Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Cymbalta, Ropinirole Hydrochloride for a 55-year old woman who has Multiple Diagnosis
- Comparions of Adderall 30, Nexium, Propranolol Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Requip Xl, Fluoxetine for a 52-year old woman who has Depression And Restless Leg Syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.