Could Requip cause Arrhythmia - from FDA reports
Arrhythmia is found among people who take Requip, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Parkinson's disease . We study 14,203 people who have side effects while taking Requip from FDA. Among them, 165 have Arrhythmia. Find out below who they are, when they have Arrhythmia and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Requip has active ingredients of ropinirole hydrochloride. It is often used in restless leg syndrome. (latest outcomes from Requip 15,608 users)
Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter, osteoporosis (latest reports from 111,430 Arrhythmia patients).
On Nov, 21, 2016
14,203 people reported to have side effects when taking Requip.
Among them, 165 people (1.16%) have Arrhythmia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Requip when people have Arrhythmia *:
- < 1 month: 53.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 13.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 6.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 6.67 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Arrhythmia when taking Requip *:
- female: 61.25 %
- male: 38.75 %
Age of people who have Arrhythmia when taking Requip *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.53 %
- 30-39: 9.16 %
- 40-49: 16.79 %
- 50-59: 10.69 %
- 60+: 61.83 %
Severity of Arrhythmia **:
- least: 0.0 %
- moderate: 100 %
- severe: 0.0 %
- most severe: 0.0 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (43 people, 26.06%)
- Digoxin (32 people, 19.39%)
- Aspirin (28 people, 16.97%)
- Plavix (27 people, 16.36%)
- Protonix (24 people, 14.55%)
Forecasts by ePatient.care (We will alert you to new symptoms or undetected conditions when you take Requip, learn more )
Potential co-existing conditions
- High Blood Pressure (14 people, 8.48%)
- Pain (10 people, 6.06%)
Potential co-existing symptoms
- Stress And Anxiety (44 people, 26.67%)
- Nausea (38 people, 23.03%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (38 people, 23.03%)
- Pain (37 people, 22.42%)
- Hypotension (37 people, 22.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Arrhythmia when taking Requip?
- Check symptoms - is arrhythmia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Requipa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ArrhythmiaArrhythmia
Could your condition cause ArrhythmiaArrhythmia
Can you answer these questions?
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
am having a bradycardia of 60 beats/min since i started the sertraline of 50mg/day , am also having dyspnea and feeling tired all the time , this is so annoying , am asking if this is serious and if i should stop the sertraline .
My daughter took an overdose of Seroquel and Celexa almost a year ago. Later that day she had her first episode of arrhythmia. She has not taken seroquel since that day but the arrhythmia has not been corrected. She has been seeing a cardiologist who says this cannot be fixed. But the ...
Have been taking Atenolol for very high blood pressure and Arrythmia for 2 1/2 weeks, I have been feeling really tired, no motivation to do anything and lightheaded/dizzy, could this be because of the Atenolol?
I have been taking Omeprazole for a little over two years...in the last few months my PVC's have increased. I stopped taking Omeprazole and the missed beats also stopped. The only trouble with not taking the med is that my acid reflux is worse. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi, I'm 45 years old and I was put on the fentanyl 50mcq patches for chronic pain a little over two years ago and also take Requip for RLS and Norco 5/325 as needed for the chronic pain. Since starting the patches I've experienced what feels like "hot flashes" that I would get periodically. ...
1. After taking allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
Hi, I'm 62, female, Chinese. Was prescribed Lipitor 40mg because of high cholesterol level by GP. I started having irregular heart rhythm almost immediately. I have decided not to take them, to live fully without experiencing irregular heart rhythm (very unpleasant sensation). If my high ...