Review: could Requip cause Kidney failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Kidney failure is found among people who take Requip, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lexapro, and have Restless leg syndrome.
We study 11,442 people who have side effects while taking Requip from FDA and social media. Among them, 108 have Kidney failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney failure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Requip and have Kidney failure >>>
Requip has active ingredients of ropinirole hydrochloride. It is often used in restless leg syndrome. (latest outcomes from 11,933 Requip users)
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, multiple myeloma, diabetes, pain. (latest reports from 57,659 Kidney failure patients)
On Mar, 9, 2015: 11,442 people reported to have side effects when taking Requip. Among them, 92 people (0.80%) have Kidney Failure.
Time on Requip when people have Kidney failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Kidney failure||27.27%||36.36%||0.00%||0.00%||36.36%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Kidney failure when taking Requip * :
|Kidney failure||65.18%||34.82% |
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Requip * :
|Kidney failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.92%||0.00%||2.94%||31.37%||61.76% |
Severity of Kidney failure when taking Requip ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Kidney failure||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Kidney failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Restless legs syndrome (38 people, 41.30%)
- Parkinson's disease (34 people, 36.96%)
- Depression (26 people, 28.26%)
- Thyroid disorder (24 people, 26.09%)
- Sleep disorder (22 people, 23.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lexapro (34 people, 36.96%)
- Sinemet (33 people, 35.87%)
- Gabapentin (33 people, 35.87%)
- Seroquel (31 people, 33.70%)
- Aspirin (29 people, 31.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of requip and kidney failure on
Do you have Kidney Failure while taking Requip?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Requip and have Kidney Failure
- support group for people who take Requip
- support group for people who have Kidney Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 57-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Renal Failure - Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction)
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Requip Xl for a 71-year old woman with Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Lisinopril, Cymbalta for a 88-year old woman with Arterial Stenosis, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Depression - Elderly. The patient has Renal Failure, Pulse Pressure Decreased
- A study of side effects of Requip for a 70-year old woman with Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (unusual prickling sensations)
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Citrate, Celebrex, Potassium Chloride, Metformin, Losartan, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Aspirin, Gemfibrozil, Omeprazole, Hctz, Strattera, Metoprolol Succinate, Requip, Spiriva for a 65-year old woman with Osteopenia, Osteoarthritis, Potassium - Low, Type 1 Diabetes, Htn, Depression, Preventive Surgery, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Adhd, Restless Leg Syndrome, Emphysema. The patient has Joint Pain, Neuropathy, Poor Balance, Incontinence - Urge
Recent Requip related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Requip, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 51-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Evista, Requip for a 71-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Buspirone Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Cymbalta, Ropinirole Hydrochloride for a 55-year old woman who has Multiple Diagnosis
- Comparions of Adderall 30, Nexium, Propranolol Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Requip Xl, Fluoxetine for a 52-year old woman who has Depression And Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Niacin, Metformin, Lidoderm for a 64-year old man who has Medical
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.