Review: could Requip cause Kidney failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Kidney failure is found among people who take Requip, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lexapro, and have Restless legs syndrome.
We study 11,435 people who have side effects while taking Requip from FDA and social media. Among them, 108 have Kidney failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Requip and have Kidney failure >>>
Requip has active ingredients of ropinirole hydrochloride. It is often used in restless leg syndrome. (latest outcomes from Requip 11,923 users)
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.(latest reports from Kidney failure 57,594 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 11,435 people reported to have side effects when taking Requip. Among them, 92 people (0.80%) have Kidney Failure.
Time on Requip when people have Kidney failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Kidney failure||27.27%||36.36%||0.00%||0.00%||36.36%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Kidney failure when taking Requip * :
|Kidney failure||65.18%||34.82% |
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Requip * :
|Kidney failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.92%||0.00%||2.94%||31.37%||61.76% |
Severity of Kidney failure when taking Requip ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Kidney failure||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Kidney failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Restless legs syndrome (38 people, 41.30%)
- Parkinson's disease (34 people, 36.96%)
- Depression (26 people, 28.26%)
- Thyroid disorder (24 people, 26.09%)
- Sleep disorder (22 people, 23.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lexapro (34 people, 36.96%)
- Sinemet (33 people, 35.87%)
- Gabapentin (33 people, 35.87%)
- Seroquel (31 people, 33.70%)
- Aspirin (29 people, 31.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Kidney Failure while taking Requip?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Requip and have Kidney Failure
- support group for people who take Requip
- support group for people who have Kidney Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure (1 answer)
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Kidney Failure, and takes Crestor)
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- Treatment for a dvt in person with lung cancer
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, DVT, and takes Dexamethasone, Methadone Hydrochloride, Reglan, Klonopin, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Vitamin D)
Have contracted a large painful DVT in groin thru calf. Hospicis doctor will only administer Aspirin 325 mg. what I have researched does this not address dissolving clot. Hospicis doctor told me the tumor lung cancer was more likely to bleed with treatment to dissolve clot. She was negative and said ...
- Why has my rls/plmd increased since i've been on ms contin, oxycodone, and higher dose of ropinerole? previously, i was on 40mg hydrocodone per day.
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who takes Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Clonazepam, MS Contin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Neurontin, Prozac, Flexeril, Requip)
I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) AND Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Recently, I went of of Hydrocodone, and started with MS Contin and Oxycodone. I also RAISED my Requip from .5 to 1mg.
- What are the side effects while taking fentanyl with garcinia cambogia
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Skin Blushing/flushing, and takes Fentanyl-75, Cymbalta, Lorazepam, Baclofen, Requip, Percocet, Garcinia Cambogia)
I'm having headaches flushing/blushing in the face, tired, dizziness. I think that I might be allergic to it the garcinia cambogia ultra. I need to know if I can be on the fentanyl patch and take Garcinia Cambogia Ultra?
- I developed excessive saliva production after starting ropinerole (requip) for plmd. sleep was impossible due to frequent swallowing. has anyone else experienced similar symptoms? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Periodic Limb Movements In Sleep, Major Depression, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Attention Deficit Disorder, Alpha Intrusion (sleep Disorder), Sleep Apnea (minor), and takes Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Mirapex, Gabapentin, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Lyrica, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lithium Carbonate, Desipramine Hydrochloride, Synthroid, Vyvanse, Lipitor)
The first 5 drugs above on my list that I tried for PLMD, I no longer use. I took ropinerole (Requip) for about 2 weeks when I noticed that I was producing more saliva and was swallowing a lot. It didn't really bother me too much, because the other drugs that I take give me a dry mouth. When I went ...
More questions for: Requip, Kidney failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
More reviews for: Requip, Kidney failure
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Acyclovir, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Onfi for a patient with Depression, Oral Herpes, Bursitis, Epilepsy. The patient has Leakage When Cough, Sneeze, Exercise, Laugh, Difficult To Urinate At Times., Overactive Bladder
Comments: I have had overactive bladder for over eight years, but it is getting worse. I go to the bathroom at least 9-10 times a night. I usually go at least once every hour. Now I am having some resistance when I try to urinate. I have to bend over and push hard to get all the urine out of my bladder. T ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Cymbalta, Omeprazole, Celebrex, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Vitamin D Decreased, Arnold-chiari Malformation, Acid Reflux, Arthritis, Restlessness, Insulin Resistance, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Tingling Sensation Onleft Side Of Skull In Back, Around To Ear And Along Jaw Line, Always On Left Side
Comments: this sensation started as if someone was running a feather across my ear lobe, spread to back of skull and across jaw to exact center. It now itches intensely after a tingling episode. NO pain. Can be exacerbated by position of head as in lowered to read or sew, or when lying down. Thought I could l ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Requip for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Mood Swings
Comments: I've always had mood swings and have suffered with depression throughout my life. Recently I started taking Benadryl at night to help with allergies. I found that it helped me sleep better also. I'm not sure if I'm just noticing that I may have a mood disorder that's always been there or if it is ca ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Clonazepam for a patient with Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Abnormal Orgasm (male)
Comments: I don't feel any pleasure in my penis during intercourse anymore and no orgasm or pleasure during ejaculation.I have taken these for a number of years.And just now have experienced having no pleasure in my penis during intercourse and no orgasm or pleasure during ejaculation.please help.what can i d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Prozac, Requip, Avonex for a patient with Spasticity, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis Relapse.
Comments: After (on and off) 20 years on Avonex have 1 day of flu like symptoms.It always gives me flu like symptoms each and every time I inject. Also, in the last 6 mo to 1 year I've gained an additional 20 lbs. I have had to increase my restless leg medicine 3 x. I just want to get to a normal weight and ...
More related studies for: Requip, Kidney failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.