Review: could Requip cause Lewy body dementia (Dementia)?
Summary: Lewy body dementia is found among people who take Requip, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Requip xl, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 11,442 people who have side effects while taking Requip from FDA and social media. Among them, 35 have Lewy body dementia. Find out below who they are, when they have Lewy body dementia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Requip and have Lewy body dementia >>>
Requip has active ingredients of ropinirole hydrochloride. It is often used in restless leg syndrome. (latest outcomes from 11,933 Requip users)
Lewy body dementia
Lewy body dementia (a nerve cell protein induced a loss of mental ability severe enough to interfere with normal activities of daily living) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 11,369 Lewy body dementia patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 11,439 people reported to have side effects when taking Requip. Among them, 33 people (0.29%) have Lewy Body Dementia.
Time on Requip when people have Lewy body dementia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lewy body dementia||14.29%||28.57%||0.00%||0.00%||57.14%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Lewy body dementia when taking Requip * :
|Lewy body dementia||34.38%||65.62% |
Age of people who have Lewy body dementia when taking Requip * :
|Lewy body dementia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||93.33% |
Severity of Lewy body dementia when taking Requip ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lewy body dementia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Lewy body dementia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (23 people, 69.70%)
- Pain (2 people, 6.06%)
- Dementia (2 people, 6.06%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 6.06%)
- Abdominal pain (1 people, 3.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Requip xl (13 people, 39.39%)
- Sinemet (11 people, 33.33%)
- Stalevo 100 (6 people, 18.18%)
- Ropinirole (6 people, 18.18%)
- Aspirin (5 people, 15.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lewy Body Dementia while taking Requip?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Requip and have Lewy Body Dementia
- support group for people who take Requip
- support group for people who have Lewy Body Dementia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Garlic for a 95-year old man with Pneumonia. The patient has Dementia (madness)
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Requip Xl for a 71-year old woman with Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Requip for a 70-year old woman with Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (unusual prickling sensations)
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Citrate, Celebrex, Potassium Chloride, Metformin, Losartan, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Aspirin, Gemfibrozil, Omeprazole, Hctz, Strattera, Metoprolol Succinate, Requip, Spiriva for a 65-year old woman with Osteopenia, Osteoarthritis, Potassium - Low, Type 1 Diabetes, Htn, Depression, Preventive Surgery, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Adhd, Restless Leg Syndrome, Emphysema. The patient has Joint Pain, Neuropathy, Poor Balance, Incontinence - Urge
- A study of side effects of Doxylamine Succinate for a 60-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Dementia (madness)
Recent Requip related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Requip, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 51-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Evista, Requip for a 71-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Buspirone Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Cymbalta, Ropinirole Hydrochloride for a 55-year old woman who has Multiple Diagnosis
- Comparions of Adderall 30, Nexium, Propranolol Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Requip Xl, Fluoxetine for a 52-year old woman who has Depression And Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Niacin, Metformin, Lidoderm for a 64-year old man who has Medical
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.