Home > Requip > Lewy body dementia > Requip and Lewy body dementia
Review: could Requip cause Lewy body dementia (Dementia)?
Summary: Lewy body dementia is found among people who take Requip, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Requip xl, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 11,433 people who have side effects while taking Requip from FDA and social media. Among them, 33 have Lewy body dementia. Find out below who they are, when they have Lewy body dementia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Requip and have Lewy body dementia >>>
Requip (latest outcomes from 11,921 users) has active ingredients of ropinirole hydrochloride. It is often used in restless leg syndrome.
Lewy body dementia
Lewy body dementia (a nerve cell protein induced a loss of mental ability severe enough to interfere with normal activities of daily living) (latest reports from 45,751 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 11,430 people reported to have side effects when taking Requip. Among them, 33 people (0.29%) have Lewy Body Dementia.
Time on Requip when people have Lewy body dementia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lewy body dementia||14.29%||28.57%||0.00%||0.00%||57.14%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Lewy body dementia when taking Requip * :
|Lewy body dementia||34.38%||65.62% |
Age of people who have Lewy body dementia when taking Requip * :
|Lewy body dementia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||93.33% |
Severity of Lewy body dementia when taking Requip ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lewy body dementia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Lewy body dementia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (23 people, 69.70%)
- Pain (2 people, 6.06%)
- Dementia (2 people, 6.06%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 6.06%)
- Abdominal pain (1 people, 3.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Requip xl (13 people, 39.39%)
- Sinemet (11 people, 33.33%)
- Stalevo 100 (6 people, 18.18%)
- Ropinirole (6 people, 18.18%)
- Aspirin (5 people, 15.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lewy Body Dementia while taking Requip?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Requip and have Lewy Body Dementia
- support group for people who take Requip
- support group for people who have Lewy Body Dementia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Treatment for a dvt in person with lung cancer
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, DVT, and takes Dexamethasone, Methadone Hydrochloride, Reglan, Klonopin, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Vitamin D)
Have contracted a large painful DVT in groin thru calf. Hospicis doctor will only administer Aspirin 325 mg. what I have researched does this not address dissolving clot. Hospicis doctor told me the tumor lung cancer was more likely to bleed with treatment to dissolve clot. She was negative and said ...
- Why has my rls/plmd increased since i've been on ms contin, oxycodone, and higher dose of ropinerole? previously, i was on 40mg hydrocodone per day.
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who takes Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Clonazepam, MS Contin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Neurontin, Prozac, Flexeril, Requip)
I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) AND Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Recently, I went of of Hydrocodone, and started with MS Contin and Oxycodone. I also RAISED my Requip from .5 to 1mg.
- What are the side effects while taking fentanyl with garcinia cambogia
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Skin Blushing/flushing, and takes Fentanyl-75, Cymbalta, Lorazepam, Baclofen, Requip, Percocet, Garcinia Cambogia)
I'm having headaches flushing/blushing in the face, tired, dizziness. I think that I might be allergic to it the garcinia cambogia ultra. I need to know if I can be on the fentanyl patch and take Garcinia Cambogia Ultra?
- I developed excessive saliva production after starting ropinerole (requip) for plmd. sleep was impossible due to frequent swallowing. has anyone else experienced similar symptoms?
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Periodic Limb Movements In Sleep, Major Depression, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Attention Deficit Disorder, Alpha Intrusion (sleep Disorder), Sleep Apnea (minor), and takes Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Mirapex, Gabapentin, Carbidopa And Levodopa, Lyrica, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lithium Carbonate, Desipramine Hydrochloride, Synthroid, Vyvanse, Lipitor)
The first 5 drugs above on my list that I tried for PLMD, I no longer use. I took ropinerole (Requip) for about 2 weeks when I noticed that I was producing more saliva and was swallowing a lot. It didn't really bother me too much, because the other drugs that I take give me a dry mouth. When I went ...
- Concerned about possible rebound rls with daily rx for rls
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Chronic Daily Migraines, RLS, Insomnia, and takes Oxycontin, Klonopin, Requip, Neupro, Ambien, Clonidine)
I've suffered with RLS for many years, before I knew it had a name and before my doctors took me seriously about it. The only thing I knew was that taking antihistamines would start an episode. This lasted from around 16 yrs old to about 35. I have also suffered from migraines that were infrequen ...
More questions for: Requip, Lewy body dementia
More reviews for: Requip, Lewy body dementia
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Victoza, Relpax, Humalog Pen, Lantus Solostar, Etodolac, Hydrochlorothiazide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Metformin for a patient with Chronic Depression, Chronic Insomnia, Diabetes, Migraine, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Hypertension. The patient has Dementia, Burping, Yellow Stool, Nausea, Diarrhea, Chills, Vomiting
Comments: # 3 events over 21 days - chills, vomiting, diarrhea, sulfur smelling burps, reduced cognitive abilities approx. 7 days apart.
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Acyclovir, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Onfi for a patient with Depression, Oral Herpes, Bursitis, Epilepsy. The patient has Leakage When Cough, Sneeze, Exercise, Laugh, Difficult To Urinate At Times., Overactive Bladder
Comments: I have had overactive bladder for over eight years, but it is getting worse. I go to the bathroom at least 9-10 times a night. I usually go at least once every hour. Now I am having some resistance when I try to urinate. I have to bend over and push hard to get all the urine out of my bladder. T ...
- A study of side effects of Oxycontin for a patient with Pain In Limb. The patient has Dementia (madness)
Comments: Off opioids for two days wondering how long memory loss and confusion will last. On 10mg 12hours for 2 weeks
- A study of drug interactions between Tetracycline Hydrochloride, Nifedipine, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Zomig, Fluconazole, Nystatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Remeron, Famvir, Metoclopramide for a patient with Lyme Disease, Raynauds, Restless Leg Syndrome, Migraine, Candidiasis, Muscle Relaxant Therapy, Depression, Genital Herpes, Gastroparesis. The patient has Lyme Symptoms Tmj; Muscle Pain; Fatigue, Gastroparesis, Rls, Oral Herpes, Raynauds, Throbbing Pain Base Of Skull Occipital Neuralgia
Comments: I have pos. speckled ANA titer since I was in my early 20's, but no autoimmunity symptoms or rashes to report. My LLMD has dx'd me as having lyme disease and I am in treatment for that currently.
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Sr, Requip for a patient with Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Comments: Tried Cialis, Viagra, Stendra and Levitra. Some success with Levitra. Pump gives
Erection but can't maintain with rings. Bought at adult bookstore not prescribed.
More related studies for: Requip, Lewy body dementia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.