Review: could Requip cause Withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Requip, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Requip xl, and have Parkinson's disease.
We study 11,444 people who have side effects while taking Requip from FDA and social media. Among them, 44 have Withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Requip and have Withdrawal syndrome >>>
Requip has active ingredients of ropinirole hydrochloride. It is often used in restless leg syndrome. (latest outcomes from 11,935 Requip users)
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, muscle spasticity, back pain. (latest reports from 9,228 Withdrawal syndrome patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 11,444 people reported to have side effects when taking Requip. Among them, 44 people (0.38%) have Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Requip when people have Withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Withdrawal syndrome||7.14%||14.29%||21.43%||14.29%||21.43%||21.43%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Requip * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||66.00%||34.00% |
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Requip * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.22%||22.22%||17.78%||57.78% |
Severity of Withdrawal syndrome when taking Requip ** :
How people recovered from Withdrawal syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Parkinson's disease (26 people, 59.09%)
- Sleep disorder (12 people, 27.27%)
- Restless legs syndrome (8 people, 18.18%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 18.18%)
- Depression (7 people, 15.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Requip xl (24 people, 54.55%)
- Sinemet (13 people, 29.55%)
- Ropinirole (12 people, 27.27%)
- Apomorphine (8 people, 18.18%)
- Prozac (7 people, 15.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of requip and withdrawal syndrome on
Do you have Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Requip?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Requip and have Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Requip
- support group for people who have Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Requip, Azilect for a 54-year old man with Parkinsonism. The patient has Heart Rate Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Coenzyme Q10, ASA, Plavix, Actos, Metformin, Glucotrol, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Zocor, Glipizide, Byetta for a 73-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Hyperlipidaemia, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Parkinsonian Rest Tremor, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependenet.
- A study of side effects of Ropinirole Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman with Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Metatarsalgia
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Ditropan XL, Micardis, Singulair, Cymbalta, Requip, Aricept for a 77-year old woman with Osteomas, Immunity, Blood Thinner, Urinary Incontinence, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Depression, Tremor, Alzheimers. The patient has Depression, Fecal Incontinence, Lack Of Coordination, Lethargy
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Requip Xl for a 71-year old woman with Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Weight Gain
Recent Requip related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Ropinirole Hydrochloride for a 67-year old woman who has Restless Legs
- Comparions of Requip, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 51-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Evista, Requip for a 71-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Buspirone Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Cymbalta, Ropinirole Hydrochloride for a 55-year old woman who has Multiple Diagnosis
- Comparions of Adderall 30, Nexium, Propranolol Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Requip Xl, Fluoxetine for a 52-year old woman who has Depression And Restless Leg Syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.