Review: could Restasis cause Blood pressure - high (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Blood pressure - high is found among people who take Restasis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Dry eyes.
We study 4,353 people who have side effects while taking Restasis from FDA and social media. Among them, 97 have Blood pressure - high. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood pressure - high and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Restasis and have Blood pressure - high >>>
Restasis has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in dry eyes. (latest outcomes from 4,495 Restasis users)
Blood pressure - high
Blood pressure - high has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 330,125 Blood pressure - high patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 4,353 people reported to have side effects when taking Restasis. Among them, 97 people (2.23%) have Blood Pressure - High.
Time on Restasis when people have Blood pressure - high * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure - high||58.33%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||8.33% |
Gender of people who have Blood pressure - high when taking Restasis * :
|Blood pressure - high||88.89%||11.11% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure - high when taking Restasis * :
|Blood pressure - high||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.10%||8.79%||6.59%||19.78%||63.74% |
Severity of Blood pressure - high when taking Restasis ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood pressure - high||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood pressure - high ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood pressure - high||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dry eye (29 people, 29.90%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 11.34%)
- Hypothyroidism (10 people, 10.31%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (8 people, 8.25%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (7 people, 7.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (25 people, 25.77%)
- Premarin (22 people, 22.68%)
- Synthroid (18 people, 18.56%)
- Lasix (16 people, 16.49%)
- Vitamin d (15 people, 15.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood Pressure - High while taking Restasis?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Restasis and have Blood Pressure - High
- support group for people who take Restasis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Bactrim for a 55-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Skin Lesion. The patient has Skin Rash, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Mobic, Gabapentin for a 35-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Elbow Pain, Nerve Pain. The patient has Nerve Pain, High Blood Pressure, Tingling And Numbness, Burning Sensation
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 53-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Complera, Tapazole for a 55-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety, Hiv Infection Cdc Category A1, Hyperthyroidism. The patient has Anxiety And Stress, High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Cozaar for a 59-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Sugar, Hypotriglyceridaemia
Recent Restasis related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Doxepin Hydrochloride, Cyclosporine for a 34-year old woman who has Hives
- Comparions of Labetalol Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Cyclosporine for a 52-year old man who has Milk Thistle
- Comparions of Cellcept, Cyclosporine for a 60-year old woman who has Liver Transplant
- Comparions of Tacrolimus, Cyclosporine for a 60-year old woman who has Transplant - Kidney
- Comparions of Tacrolimus, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Cyclosporine for a 27-year old woman who has Heart Transplant Rejection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.