Review: could Restasis cause Headache?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 26, 2014)
Severity ratings: 3.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 4,310 people who take Restasis. Among them, 178 have Headache. See who they are, when they have Headache and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Restasis (latest outcomes from 4,318 users) has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in dry eyes, dry eye syndrome. Commonly reported side effects of Restasis include eye irritation, vision blurred, eye pain, ocular hyperaemia, nausea.
Headache (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,170,522 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Feb, 23, 2014: 4,169 people reported to have side effects when taking Restasis. Among them, 178 people (4.27%) have Headache.
Time on Restasis when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Restasis * :
Age of people who have Headache when taking Restasis * :
Severity of Headache when taking Restasis ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dry eye (93 people, 52.25%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (15 people, 8.43%)
- Fibromyalgia (6 people, 3.37%)
- Osteoporosis (6 people, 3.37%)
- Asthma (6 people, 3.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (17 people, 9.55%)
- Cymbalta (16 people, 8.99%)
- Aspirin (15 people, 8.43%)
- Synthroid (14 people, 7.87%)
- Plaquenil (14 people, 7.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Restasis, Headache
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Restasis (cyclosporine) is often used for dry eyes. Find out below the conditions Restasis is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Restasis used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Restasis side effects from A to Z:
Browse Restasis drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.
From this study (1 year ago):
I NEVER have headaches, and since starting Restatsis it has been constant.
From this study (1 year ago):
K S Prakash on Apr, 6, 2011:
I used Lopid 300 mg once a day for about 3 to 3.5 months. My blood sugar levels rose...
I stopped Lopid.
Lopid also caused pain in the lower ribs, just above the stomach apart from muscle weakness.
I stopped the drug and awaiting for improvement.
Fresno on Dec, 9, 2012:
Over the past year, I have lost substantial muscle tone. Strength remains ok but significant change is hardness of muscles though my diet and workout routine remain the same. I stopped finasteride and continue to loss muscle tone. Have had blood work and other tests all negative. Any suggestions
william mcniff on Nov, 20, 2012:
No one lost muscle tissue/weight during or after the BMT????Really??? I lost 75lbs during and after my BMT. 205 to 130lbs. I have no muscle mass at all.
It has been over 4 years since my transplant and I still cannot rebuild the lost muscle. This is with
testosterone shots weight training BCAA Whey protein
creatine etc etc etc.
I find it hard to believe muscle wasting did not occur with other patients.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Restasis, Headache
More reviews for: Restasis, Headache
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Retin-a, Silver, Nystatin, Clobetasol Propionate, Vanos, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Cardizem, Prednisone, Restasis, Lidocaine, Zyrtec, Flonase, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex HFA, Xopenex, Fioricet, Relpax, Botox, Lidoderm, Baclofen, Lansoprazole, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Singulair, Oxycodone, Enbrel, Aygestin for a patient with Acne, Wound, Thrush, Eczema, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Rheumatic Heart Disease, Dry Eye, Cervical Spondylosis, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Asthma, Migraine With Aura, Musculoskeletal Pain, Muscle Spasms, Gerd, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Endometriosis. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Urine Output, Constipation, Shoulder Impingement Syndrome (Rotator cuff tendinitis), Frozen Shoulder, Early Morning Awakening, Palpitations Aggravated (Heart palpitations), Sleepy (Drowsiness), Sleep Paralysis - Isolated (Isolated sleep paralysis), Confusion, Sensitivity To The Cold (Cold intolerance), Drowsiness, Muscle Fatigue (Weakness), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches), Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Eye Pain, Vision Blurred, Night Sweats, Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Joint Warmth, Pain - Neck (Neck pain), Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Increased Intracranial Pressure, Headache, Heart Rate Increased, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure)
- A study of side effects of Cyclosporine for a patient with Dry Eye. The patient has Headache (pain in head)
- A study of drug interactions between Arava, Prednisone, Cyclosporine, Enbrel, Wellbutrin Xl, Ambien, Xanax, Maxalt-mlt for a patient with Arthritis - Psoriatic, Psoriasis, Stress And Anxiety, Insomnia, Migraine. The patient has Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Confusion, Tremor, Halo Vision, Vision Blurred, Lack Of Concentration (Poor Concentration), Frequent Headaches (Headache)
More related studies for: Restasis, Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.