Review: could Restasis cause Infection?
Summary: Infection is found among people who take Restasis, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ativan, and have Hypercalcaemia of malignancy.
We study 4,353 people who have side effects while taking Restasis from FDA and social media. Among them, 36 have Infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Restasis and have Infection >>>
Restasis has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in dry eyes. (latest outcomes from 4,495 Restasis users)
Infection has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 55,211 Infection patients)
On Apr, 9, 2015: 4,353 people reported to have side effects when taking Restasis. Among them, 36 people (0.83%) have Infection.
Time on Restasis when people have Infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Infection when taking Restasis * :
Age of people who have Infection when taking Restasis * :
Severity of Infection when taking Restasis ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Infection ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercalcaemia of malignancy (17 people, 47.22%)
- Multiple myeloma (17 people, 47.22%)
- Hypercalcaemia (13 people, 36.11%)
- Acute myeloid leukaemia (5 people, 13.89%)
- Dry eye (5 people, 13.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ativan (22 people, 61.11%)
- Lasix (19 people, 52.78%)
- Plavix (18 people, 50.00%)
- Kytril (18 people, 50.00%)
- Hydrocortisone (18 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of restasis and infection on
Do you have Infection while taking Restasis?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Restasis and have Infection
- support group for people who take Restasis
- support group for people who have Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of side effects of Cyclosporine for a 42-year old man with Heart Transplant Rejection. The patient has Memory Impairment, Confusion, Light Sensitivity, Burning Feet Syndrome, Feeling Hot And Cold, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin D, Restasis, Gabapentin, Remeron, Buspar, Naproxen for a 54-year old woman with General Symptom, Eyes - Dry, Restless Leg Syndrome, Ptsd, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Anxiety Postoperative
- A study of drug interactions between Restasis, Soma, Aspirin, Omeprazole, Levothroid, Naproxen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman with Double Vision, Muscle And Nerve Problems, Systemic, Gerd, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis, Nerve And Muscle Problem. The patient has Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent, Sjogren Syndrome, Enlarged Lymph Nodes, Adrenal Neoplasm, Cortisol Level, Nerve Problems, Muscle Cramps
- A study of side effects of Restasis for a 74-year old man with Dry Eye. The patient has Blood Potassium
Recent Restasis related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Doxepin Hydrochloride, Cyclosporine for a 34-year old woman who has Hives
- Comparions of Labetalol Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Cyclosporine for a 52-year old man who has Milk Thistle
- Comparions of Cellcept, Cyclosporine for a 60-year old woman who has Liver Transplant
- Comparions of Tacrolimus, Cyclosporine for a 60-year old woman who has Transplant - Kidney
- Comparions of Tacrolimus, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Cyclosporine for a 27-year old woman who has Heart Transplant Rejection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.