Restasis and Lymphoma - from FDA reports
Lymphoma is found among people who take Restasis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Actonel, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Lymphoma with Restasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,659 people who have side effects when taking Restasis from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 18, 2017
13,659 people reported to have side effects when taking Restasis.
Among them, 9 people (0.07%) have Lymphoma
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Restasis when people have Lymphoma *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Lymphoma when taking Restasis *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Lymphoma when taking Restasis *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 37.5 %
- 60+: 62.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 22.22%)
- High Blood Pressure (2 people, 22.22%)
- Mineral Supplementation (1 person, 11.11%)
- Heart Palpitations (1 person, 11.11%)
- Glaucoma (1 person, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin D (2 people, 22.22%)
- Actonel (2 people, 22.22%)
- Zocor (1 person, 11.11%)
- Januvia (1 person, 11.11%)
- Aspirin (1 person, 11.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pneumonia (2 people, 22.22%)
- Pain (2 people, 22.22%)
- Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal (2 people, 22.22%)
- Dehydration (2 people, 22.22%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (2 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lymphoma when taking Restasis?
Restasis has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in dry eyes. (latest outcomes from Restasis 14,008 users)
Lymphoma (cancer that begins in immune system cells) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, lymphoma, multiple sclerosis, crohn's disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 17,881 Lymphoma patients).