Review: could Restasis cause Palpitations (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Palpitations is found among people who take Restasis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Dry eyes.
We study 4,353 people who have side effects while taking Restasis from FDA and social media. Among them, 42 have Palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Restasis and have Palpitations >>>
Restasis has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in dry eyes. (latest outcomes from 4,495 Restasis users)
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,228 Palpitations patients)
On Apr, 11, 2015: 4,353 people reported to have side effects when taking Restasis. Among them, 42 people (0.96%) have Palpitations.
Time on Restasis when people have Palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Palpitations when taking Restasis * :
Age of people who have Palpitations when taking Restasis * :
Severity of Palpitations when taking Restasis ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dry eye (12 people, 28.57%)
- Fibromyalgia (3 people, 7.14%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 7.14%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (3 people, 7.14%)
- Dry eyes (3 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (18 people, 42.86%)
- Premarin (16 people, 38.10%)
- Prilosec (13 people, 30.95%)
- Ambien (12 people, 28.57%)
- Lipitor (12 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of restasis and palpitations on
Do you have Palpitations while taking Restasis?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Restasis and have Palpitations
- support group for people who take Restasis
- support group for people who have Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Ciprofloxacin Extended Release for a 68-year old woman with Diverticulitis. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of side effects of Cyclosporine for a 42-year old man with Heart Transplant Rejection. The patient has Memory Impairment, Confusion, Light Sensitivity, Burning Feet Syndrome, Feeling Hot And Cold, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a 34-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Depression, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Palpitations, Tongue Irritation, Fatigue
Recent Restasis related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Doxepin Hydrochloride, Cyclosporine for a 34-year old woman who has Hives
- Comparions of Labetalol Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Cyclosporine for a 52-year old man who has Milk Thistle
- Comparions of Cellcept, Cyclosporine for a 60-year old woman who has Liver Transplant
- Comparions of Tacrolimus, Cyclosporine for a 60-year old woman who has Transplant - Kidney
- Comparions of Tacrolimus, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Cyclosporine for a 27-year old woman who has Heart Transplant Rejection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.