Review: could Restasis cause Throat irritation?
Summary: Throat irritation is found among people who take Restasis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Klor-con, and have Dry eyes.
We study 4,353 people who have side effects while taking Restasis from FDA and social media. Among them, 23 have Throat irritation. Find out below who they are, when they have Throat irritation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Restasis and have Throat irritation >>>
Restasis has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in dry eyes. (latest outcomes from 4,495 Restasis users)
Throat irritation has been reported by people with asthma, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 11,609 Throat irritation patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 4,353 people reported to have side effects when taking Restasis. Among them, 23 people (0.53%) have Throat Irritation.
Time on Restasis when people have Throat irritation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Throat irritation||75.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Throat irritation when taking Restasis * :
|Throat irritation||95.65%||4.35% |
Age of people who have Throat irritation when taking Restasis * :
|Throat irritation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||19.05%||28.57%||52.38% |
Severity of Throat irritation when taking Restasis ** :
How people recovered from Throat irritation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dry eye (12 people, 52.17%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 13.04%)
- Hypersensitivity (3 people, 13.04%)
- Fluid retention (3 people, 13.04%)
- Atrial fibrillation (3 people, 13.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Klor-con (3 people, 13.04%)
- Nexium (3 people, 13.04%)
- Digoxin (3 people, 13.04%)
- Furosemide (3 people, 13.04%)
- Magnesium oxide (3 people, 13.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Throat Irritation while taking Restasis?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Restasis and have Throat Irritation
- support group for people who take Restasis
- support group for people who have Throat Irritation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin D, Restasis, Gabapentin, Remeron, Buspar, Naproxen for a 54-year old woman with General Symptom, Eyes - Dry, Restless Leg Syndrome, Ptsd, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Anxiety Postoperative
- A study of drug interactions between Restasis, Soma, Aspirin, Omeprazole, Levothroid, Naproxen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman with Double Vision, Muscle And Nerve Problems, Systemic, Gerd, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis, Nerve And Muscle Problem. The patient has Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent, Sjogren Syndrome, Enlarged Lymph Nodes, Adrenal Neoplasm, Cortisol Level, Nerve Problems, Muscle Cramps
- A study of side effects of Restasis for a 74-year old man with Dry Eye. The patient has Blood Potassium
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Cyclosporine, Percocet for a 18-year old girl with Infection, Immune Status, Pain. The patient has Eczema Vesicular
- A study of drug interactions between D-Ribose, Restasis for a 46-year old woman with Fibroma, Eyes - Dry. The patient has Alopecia
Recent Restasis related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Doxepin Hydrochloride, Cyclosporine for a 34-year old woman who has Hives
- Comparions of Labetalol Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Cyclosporine for a 52-year old man who has Milk Thistle
- Comparions of Cellcept, Cyclosporine for a 60-year old woman who has Liver Transplant
- Comparions of Tacrolimus, Cyclosporine for a 60-year old woman who has Transplant - Kidney
- Comparions of Tacrolimus, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Cyclosporine for a 27-year old woman who has Heart Transplant Rejection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.