Restasis and Throat irritation - from FDA reports
Throat irritation is found among people who take Restasis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nexium, and have Asthma. This review analyzes which people have Throat irritation with Restasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,014 people who have side effects when taking Restasis from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 25, 2017
16,014 people reported to have side effects when taking Restasis.
Among them, 85 people (0.53%) have Throat irritation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Restasis when people have Throat irritation *:
- < 1 month: 64 %
- 1 - 6 months: 24 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 4 %
- 10+ years: 4 %
Gender of people who have Throat irritation when taking Restasis *:
- female: 92.86 %
- male: 7.14 %
Age of people who have Throat irritation when taking Restasis *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 12.33 %
- 50-59: 24.66 %
- 60+: 63.01 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Asthma (13 people, 15.29%)
- Hypersensitivity (11 people, 12.94%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (11 people, 12.94%)
- High Blood Pressure (9 people, 10.59%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (6 people, 7.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (11 people, 12.94%)
- Vitamin D (10 people, 11.76%)
- Synthroid (9 people, 10.59%)
- Protonix (9 people, 10.59%)
- Fish Oil (9 people, 10.59%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Eye Irritation (12 people, 14.12%)
- Oropharyngeal Pain (11 people, 12.94%)
- Fatigue (11 people, 12.94%)
- Hoarseness Or Changing Voice (10 people, 11.76%)
- Taste - Impaired (9 people, 10.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Throat irritation when taking Restasis?
- Check symptoms - is throat irritation caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsThroat irritation and drugs with ingredients of cyclosporine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeThroat irritation and Restasis from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Restasis has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in dry eyes. (latest outcomes from Restasis 16,369 users)
Throat irritation has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease (latest reports from 23,157 Throat irritation patients).
Browse all side effects of Restasisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Throat irritationThroat irritation
Could your condition cause Throat irritationThroat irritation
What would happen?
Questions to the study
the top of head itch is so severe I feel like someone who is scratching from lice infection. I'd been taking Xarelto for about a month when I noticed the severe head itch. I've also had itch on back but nowhere near as severe as on head. I don't see any rash anywhere.
My doctor prescribed Restasis for my dry eyes after I had PRK eye surgery. My eye is droopy now and the condition is called ptosis. I am wondering when I stop using Restasis if my eyelid will go back to normal.
User reviews to the study
Sense of smell and taste has diminished over the past few years. I have been using restasis for several years. Wondering if there is a link. Anyone else have issues? Did senses come back after stopping restasis?
OMG... Is this for real? A year ago I had LASIK surgery to correct my vision and the doctor put me on Restasis. Now yesterday, out of nowhere I developed "huge" superior tear at 11:30 in my right eye. This had caused a detachment that required immediate surgery to save my vision.
I have had elevated eye pressures ever since I have been taking Restasis. I have been using this for 3 years. I have talked to my Optometrist about this. He didn't act to concerned, He has done special eye tests, and they are normal. I never had high pressures before taking this medication. I ...