Home > Restasis > Vision blurred > Restasis and Vision blurred
Review: could Restasis cause Vision blurred?
Summary: Vision blurred is found among people who take Restasis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Systane, and have Dry eye.
We study 4,343 people who have side effects while taking Restasis from FDA and social media. Among them, 421 have Vision blurred. Find out below who they are, when they have Vision blurred and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Restasis and have Vision blurred >>>
Restasis (latest outcomes from 4,484 users) has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in dry eyes.
Vision blurred (latest reports from 48,523 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 4,340 people reported to have side effects when taking Restasis. Among them, 421 people (9.70%) have Vision Blurred.
Time on Restasis when people have Vision blurred * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision blurred||62.50%||20.31%||6.25%||3.12%||3.12%||4.69%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vision blurred when taking Restasis * :
|Vision blurred||83.97%||16.03% |
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Restasis * :
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.38%||2.26%||6.39%||15.41%||75.56% |
Severity of Vision blurred when taking Restasis ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vision blurred ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dry eye (352 people, 83.61%)
- Glaucoma (14 people, 3.33%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (13 people, 3.09%)
- Eye discharge (11 people, 2.61%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 2.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Systane (36 people, 8.55%)
- Aspirin (23 people, 5.46%)
- Synthroid (17 people, 4.04%)
- Optive (15 people, 3.56%)
- Vitamin d (14 people, 3.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vision Blurred while taking Restasis?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Restasis and have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who take Restasis
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Why do my gums hurt especially at night?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Painful Sensitive Gums, and takes Restasis)
I got my teeth whitened a year ago and my gums have been hurting ever since. The pain gets worse starting in the afternoon and by the time I go to bed they are killing me! My dentist said it's not from the whitening. He had the nerve to tell me it was psychotic. Has anyone else had this problem? It ...
- Does cyclosporin cause infertility/ lack of libido in women
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Cyclosporine)
have been on cyclosporine for 7 years and have noticed a decrease in libido and also wondering if this medication is going to affect my fertility as i'm only 29.
- What are the benefits of topamax, does it work well
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Bipolar 1, Axiety, Migranes, Bulimina, PTSD, and takes Paxil, Clonazepam, Saphris, Xyzal, Synthroid, Dulera, Restasis, Potassium Chloride, Valtrex, Zofran Odt)
I am medication sensitive and have severe side effects with Bi-polar meds. I have severe anxiety/panic disorder, hypo-thyroid, PTSD, and Bulimia when anxiety hits. I must take Zofran in order to eat and keep food down. I was on Topamax and it seemed to help with my eating disorder but caused memory ...
- Can restasis cause hep b flareup?
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Hepatitis B, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Restasis)
I have had Hepatitis B and want to take Restasis for extremely dry eyes. Can this cause a flare up of the Hepatitis?
- Can i take restasis since i am hep c positive
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Hepatitis C, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Restasis)
Can I safely take Restasis for severely dry eyes since I am Hep C positive and have Rheumatoid Arthritis?
More questions for: Restasis, Vision blurred
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Restasis and sudden vision loss
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Sudden Vision Loss, Sudden Vision Loss, and takes Restasis)
After taking Restasis for one week, I had sudden vision loss while driving and pain in right eye. My vision returned in about two hours.
- Migraine with dyazide
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, and takes Dyazide, Cytomel, Cyclosporine, Zyflo Cr, Ergocalciferol, Zyrtec, Compazine)
Took Dyazide for blood pressure escalating due to Cyclosporine. Have history of bad migraines but have not had them routinely for many years. Within 24 hours of starting treatment with Dyazide, severe headache began that lasted throughout the day and eventually led to ER treatment. Was told to no ...
- Blurred vision after ipratropium bromide
(Posted by a 79 year old woman who has Vision Blurred, and takes Ipratropium Bromide)
blurred vision after one day use I take only herbal supplements none known for invasive reactions
More reviews for: Restasis, Vision blurred
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Vyvanse, Escitalopram, Plaquenil, Alprazolam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Malnutrition, Sjogren's Syndrome, Add, Depression, Lupus, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Eating Disorder, Anxiety And Stress, Ocd, Weight Below Normal
Comments: In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
- A study of side effects of Ortho-novum 1/35-21 for a patient with Infertility Female. The patient has Vision Blurred, Pain - Joints, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
Comments: Ortho-Novum is being taken to suppress ovulation in preparation for IVF. After 7 consecutive weeks, joint swelling and pain is substantial as are enlarged breasts and breast pain. x1 blurred vision lasting approx 45 minutes followed by severe migraine 4 weeks in. x1 pain from shoulder through hand l ...
- A study of drug interactions between Parafon Forte Dsc, Skelaxin, Cialis for a patient with Pain - Back, Erectile Dysfunction. The patient has Vision Blurred
Comments: These three drugs have been discontinued abruptly I am experiencing blurred vision and moderate headaches. Could these be the cause. MRI and CT Scan of brain are normal and opthamologist can find nothing wrong.
- A study of drug interactions between Zopiclone, Codeine Sulfate, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Lactulose, Restasis, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Nexium for a patient with Systemic Sclerosis (scleroderma). The patient has Bone Spur
Comments: I have the crest variation of scleroderma. Since developing this illness in 2004 I have developed bone spurs on both feet, as well as my right hip and my right shoulder. I am just curious if Scleroderma and or any of the above medications induce bone spurs. Thank you. Shirley
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Ativan, Vicodin, Naprosyn, Norpramin, Metformin, Robinul, Strattera, Wellbutrin, Flexeril, Lexapro for a patient with Reflux Gastritis, Anxiety, Pain, Arthritis, Depression, Weight Gain, Sweating - Excessive, To Treat Side Effects Of Antidepressants Such As Extreme Fatigue And Inability To Focus, To Treat Weight Gain Side Effects Of Anti Depressants. The patient has Swallowing Painful, Vision Blurred, Anxiety, Oral Pain, Angular Cheilitis, Taste Disturbance, Gum Pain, Tongue Exfoliation, Tongue Irritation, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Sweating - Excessive, Pain - Muscles, Pain - Joints, Depression, Hair Loss
Comments: Naprosyn, Vicodin, Ativan and Prilosec are taken only on an as needed basis. Some of my symptoms are intermittent, and some are chronic. The though the medications may not completely rid me of a symptom (for example, depression or muscle pain), they do improve my condition enough to warrant their co ...
More related studies for: Restasis, Vision blurred
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.