Review: could Restasis cause Vision blurred?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 6, 2014)
Severity ratings: 3.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 4,310 people who take Restasis. Among them, 421 have Vision blurred. See who they are, when they have Vision blurred and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Restasis (latest outcomes from 4,318 users) has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in dry eyes, dry eye syndrome. Commonly reported side effects of Restasis include eye irritation, vision blurred, eye pain, ocular hyperaemia, nausea.
Vision blurred (latest reports from 296,856 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 4,310 people reported to have side effects when taking Restasis. Among them, 421 people (9.77%) have Vision Blurred.
Time on Restasis when people have Vision blurred * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision blurred||62.50%||20.31%||6.25%||3.12%||3.12%||4.69%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vision blurred when taking Restasis * :
|Vision blurred||83.97%||16.03% |
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Restasis * :
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.38%||2.26%||6.39%||15.41%||75.56% |
Severity of Vision blurred when taking Restasis ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vision blurred ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dry eye (352 people, 83.61%)
- Glaucoma (14 people, 3.33%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (13 people, 3.09%)
- Eye discharge (11 people, 2.61%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 2.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Systane (36 people, 8.55%)
- Aspirin (23 people, 5.46%)
- Synthroid (17 people, 4.04%)
- Optive (15 people, 3.56%)
- Vitamin d (14 people, 3.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Restasis, Vision blurred
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Restasis (cyclosporine) is often used for dry eyes. Find out below the conditions Restasis is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Restasis used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Restasis side effects from A to Z:
Browse Restasis drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.
From this study (3 months ago):
Past distal injuries returning with increased pressure symptoms. Eye pain with movement. Increased pressure and pain with neck movement. Connective tissue disease - Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.
From this study (3 years ago):
No doctors can figure out what is causing my symptoms.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does cyclosporin cause infertility/ lack of libido in women
have been on cyclosporine for 7 years and have noticed a decrease in libido and also wondering if this medication is going to affect my fertility as i'm only 29.
- What are the benefits of topamax, does it work well
I am medication sensitive and have severe side effects with Bi-polar meds. I have severe anxiety/panic disorder, hypo-thyroid, PTSD, and Bulimia when anxiety hits. I must take Zofran in order to eat and keep food down. I was on Topamax and it seemed to help with my eating disorder but caused memory ...
- Can restasis cause hep b flareup?
I have had Hepatitis B and want to take Restasis for extremely dry eyes. Can this cause a flare up of the Hepatitis?
More questions for: Restasis, Vision blurred
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
More reviews for: Restasis, Vision blurred
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Zyrtec, Fluconazole, Lansoprazole, Miralax, Lidoderm, Cardizem, Fioricet, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Relpax, Tylenol, Enbrel, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex Hfa, Xopenex, Singulair, Oxycodone, Baclofen, Aygestin, Vitamin D for a patient with Allergic Reactions, Allergic Sinusitis, Gerd, Constipation, Pain Management, Hypertension, Migraine With Aura, Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Dry Eye, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Endometriosis, Vitamin D Deficiency. The patient has Single Digit Swelling From.past Injury, Vertigo Positional, Nerve Pain (Neuralgia), Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Pain, Constipation, Passed Out (Fainting), Drowsiness, Fatigue, Interruption Of Aortic Arch, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure), Pressure Sore, Vision Blurred, Diastolic Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Arava, Prednisone, Cyclosporine, Enbrel, Wellbutrin Xl, Ambien, Xanax, Maxalt-mlt for a patient with Arthritis - Psoriatic, Psoriasis, Stress And Anxiety, Insomnia, Migraine. The patient has Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Confusion, Tremor, Halo Vision, Vision Blurred, Lack Of Concentration (Poor Concentration), Frequent Headaches (Headache)
More related studies for: Restasis, Vision blurred
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.